Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grokette of The North page 3

snowflake67 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Long time, no see! Well, I must be doing something wrong...I think I've been keeping it nearly 100 percent primal, but sadly, I'm not losing...in fact I gained. Ya, it may be muscle since I have lost about 7 inches off my body, but I expected something more significant. So, lets look at some other positive changes.

I sleep better, feel better, no more afternoon sleepiness where I can't even keep my eyes open. So, those are some pluses.

I have gotten it down to about one diet coke a day now! And am finding that when I drink them I really want more water...they make me thirsty! I've cut back on my coffee too....so, slowly, but surely I'm getting there.

Workouts have been going fairly well. The last two weeks have been tough getting to the gym due to lots of snow and unsafe driving conditions. So, doing the home treadmill thing intermittently with push ups and situps and crunches.

I just keep on keeping on!

So, I'm back! After having surgery back at the end of March, I healed very slowly & didn't get the ok from my doc to lift anything more than ten pounds until a few weeks ago. That; along with deciding to move from Alaska to California, made it difficult for me to focus on changing my lifestyle. My kids & I lived with my parents for a couple of moths during this process. My parents are not on the same page with regards to primal eating. They are both over weight with adult onset diabetes & eat horribly. I made a decision to just hold off until arriving to our new home to make perminant changes to how we eat & live.

My boyfriend has a very active lifestyle. Biking, hiking, surfing. All things I enjoy (or at least want to try!) So I'm excited to embrace those things for myself & my kids!

Being new to Cali (am in Victorville) I am excited about the variety of fresh choices! found out there is a Farmer's Market on Thursday's & I located a few grocers that offer organic foods....of which I'm preparing a list now for a shopping trip!

One important discovery (ok, maybe two)....I am waking consistently at the same time each day. I stay awake all day, have energy & don't feel that lethargy I did when I was in Alaska. I know it's due to the sunshine! I have been sitting out every morning to soak up the suns rays and am getting a nice glow to my skin! I feel great! Hot, but great! I know it'll take a bit to acclimate to the heat, but it's getting better!

I'm re-committing to the primal way of life. I came here to find adventure, have a more active life for my kids & myself, for love & to simply have a new beginning!

Grok on!

Jo Anne

It's me again...

Back in the great white north...brought back at least 25 lbs of fat with me! Me & the kids came back early & boyfriend to follow at the end of the month. Nothing's wrong, I am happy, loved! We just didn't do to we'll on the not eating out thing...didn't expect to have a job sitting 8 hours a day & it being complicated to get to the gym or kids to school or gaining weight when i got pregnant with twins (that we lost at 9 weeks)...could some of that be grief?

Anyhow...I just wanted to post, I'm here, I'm dusting buy self off, putting together a plan, getting back up! I'll have some stats & goals later when I'm not so tired. Work tomorrow!

Laters!

Jo Anne

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back. Comiserations on your loss. This is a time to take care and look after yourself. Primal eating is a great way to do that - nourish your body with wholesome foods and gentle exercise. Exchange lots of love with your children. Blessings to you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123