Thread: More good fats....can I say I am feeling fantastic today??! page

crazycanuck is offline Junior Member

Smile More good fats....can I say I am feeling fantastic today??!

Shop Now
    I have just joined this forum in the last few days, after discovering MDA and reading the Primal Blueprint this last year. Longtime lurker on the site. At times this year have been 80:20 Primal for a few weeks at a stretch, but the last 4 months or so only MAYBE 50:50. I basically have eaten horribly since Halloween. Coming home bloated and full of water retention from a New Year's gathering was the last straw. Not to mention the daily carb crash that I now realize I was having. And that is with only maybe one-two servings of grains a day (oatmeal, quinoa, brown rice, homemade 100% whole wheat bread) and dairy usually only my homemade yoghurt daily...I maybe have only 1-2 actual glasses milk a week if that, and maybe 1-2 servings of cheese a month. More processed crap has been in my diet though due to stress.

With the new year, I have made a committment to do this PBS (Primal in Baby Steps...too gung ho like I have done previously only equals a fast crash and burn after 2-3 weeks). For me, that means absolutely no grains, not even the "healthy" ones I have been eating. And of course no processed crap, and no coffee or caffeine in any form. I'll worry what to do about the dairy later...can't get raw milk easily in Canada (illegal, and as well very underground in my parts) and would much prefer raw but o well. Want to see what the no grains do.

I have eaten only "primal" the last 2 days, and I have realized that hey, I feel great again after not realizing how crappy I felt for so many months now....it was like it was my new norm. Passed the snacks on the table at work without ONE iota of a craving. Not eating jam right out of the jar. NO afternoon slump, even though I had to be up at 5 am for work. I have included more fat in my diet...bacon coconut oil and have had 2 advocados in the last 2 days. The main thing has been the shutting off of my cravings though...it's great not to have that feeling of having to shove more carbs in my mouth!

This has me so excited and motivated to try a 30 day thing like Mark has in his new year's post. Sorry it's so wordy, but with an absolutely unsupportive family in this (well, mostly dh) I had to share!

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    Hi there! Welcome to the forum and such! I realized over Christmas how crappy I felt after eating...well, crap, and I was SO happy when the dinners and social events were DONE for the year.

Are you saying there's not a single dairy farmer in MB that could "sell" you raw milk?? Not-a-one? Of course I'm assuming MB is ALL farmland and hillbillies. (J/K!!)

Eliminating grains is the best thing you could ever do for your body, whether you're celiac or not. Keep researching and reading around this (and other Primal) topics and you'll learn so much more.

joan is offline Senior Member
    good goin! baby steps, baby steps are good. i only started 11... 12? maybe 12 days ago, and i had cravings the last two days, and made sure to really focus on my fat intake today, and the cravings are gone. my first ten days? so deliciously Free of cravings, i had never felt that way before. what an amazing freedom. sounds like you're listening both to your body and your sense of yourself to wait to think about dairy until later. do what you can Now, stick with it, and progress from there. and welcome back!

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I've been teased here for recommending more good fat, but dang it makes such a huge difference. It's like being a completely different person. Good for you for coming back.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

crazycanuck is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unamused Mouse View Post
    Hi there! Welcome to the forum and such! I realized over Christmas how crappy I felt after eating...well, crap, and I was SO happy when the dinners and social events were DONE for the year.

Are you saying there's not a single dairy farmer in MB that could "sell" you raw milk?? Not-a-one? Of course I'm assuming MB is ALL farmland and hillbillies. (J/K!!)

Eliminating grains is the best thing you could ever do for your body, whether you're celiac or not. Keep researching and reading around this (and other Primal) topics and you'll learn so much more.
    Well, most of the dairy farms around here (southeast part of the province) are freaking 400+ cow HUGE and with grains given and just not a nice "pastoral" pasture environment. I do have a friend that gets raw cream from "someone" (YUM! Have had some in coffee) but she says she is sworn to secrecy as to where. I have a delivery of 30lb grass fed beef coming, they drink their own milk, but do not give it out, and when I enquired as to other farmers she said she'd "rather not say". That has been my experience of trying to find raw milk so far. Crap!

joan is offline Senior Member
    wow, that sucks. it really is clandestine, huh? i wonder what you could offer as proof that you're really just an interested customer. like an underground raw milk lover club card or something

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    keep trying...you'll find your source.