Thread: A quick intro! page

RockingPrimalMama is offline Junior Member

A quick intro!

Primal Fuel
    Im 28 and my husband and I have a 14 month old. The day my daughter turned 5 months old I had to have my gallbladder removed in an emergency surgery. That day, I drove myself to the emergency room, near dead, my body was shutting down, I was jaundice, my liver and kidneys were failing and I was sicker than I have ever been in my life. That day. I new I had to change.

See ive lost 70lbs before. Chronic cardio, calorie restricting, low fat diet stuff. I lost the weight but felt like garbage. I got pregnant after 7 years of trying (thanks to PCOS and Hashimotos Hypothyroidism being made so much worse by my poor diet). I gained 30lbs in my pregnancy and another 40 after she was born.

So here I am, I tried to go back on the chronic cardio, calorie restriction, low fat diet. Not working anymore! Severely reduced my nursing supply, which is NOT okay with me as I plan to nurse well into toddler years. About 3 months ago I started stalking this site, I feel like I know so many of you already. I have been loosely following the primal blueprint lifestyle. Our daughter had eye surgery December 9th and with all the trips we made to childrens hospital I feel off!

I found something out though. I have had chronic migraines since I was 8 years old. I stopped eating gluten obviously when following the primal lifestyle, my headaches went away, like magic! When I went off when my daughter was back and forth to childrens, my headaches came back. My doctor said she has no reason to test Im obviously at least gluten intolerant if not celiac. My doctor is very supportive of my this new lifestyle. Shes believes because 3 months just loosely following the program I am back down 30lbs! I am off my blood pressure medication, my PCOS is not as aggressive, my liver is getting healthier, and I feel and look amazing.

So my DH bought me some Primal/Paleo and Gluten Free cookbooks for christmas. I am starting to move my body, but not chronic cardio, I am signed up for a yoga class that will both help my body and my busy mind, and I am ready to stop with the loosely stuff! I am ready for this lifestyle FULLY!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Glad you joined us.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

RockingPrimalMama is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    thanks so much for the welcome!