Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Slow Movement Challenge page 9

Turnstone is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    After my problems with the shoes on saturday I switched back to my water shoes, and the pain was gone. Sunday I had to use some toe warmers inside, it was foggy and temperatures around freezing. But the walk was great, up on the hill I was above the fog in the sun. Fantastic view over the fog from a little tower. Unfortunately I only had time for another 6.5 km walk, but better than nothing!
    Yesterday I was lazy. Just a short walk around the block. Today a longer walk (3.3 km) around the neighbourhood. Freezing cold, but the sun was shining, so I enjoyed it a lot.

I am happy this challenge exists. I walk more than I would otherwise. I force myself out at least once a day for a short walk around the block, and once I am outside I enjoy it.

I forgot to mention that my GPS tracker arrived on saturday. And I love it. Small and light enough that I can wear it around my neck, and it tracks my path, tells me how far I walked and how long I needed. I can only recommend it for anyone who cannot afford a smartphone with GPS!
    Last edited by Turnstone; 01-17-2012 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Added more text...

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to be late! I was away from a computer for the long weekend. I'm at 25km. Some of you all are really coming out of the gate strong, congrats!
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

Roary is offline Senior Member
    Amazing! Great job everybody! I am having to make myself go outside to walk, and it's only 45 degrees F ... I'm a California girl to the core. Luckily my dogs don't know it's cold and I can't deny those doggy eyes!
    85.0 for the month.

Buzz71 is offline Senior Member
    Nice work peeps! I've fallen a little behind but am planning a nice hike this Sunday which will be great. I'll update the front page with the latest.
    Buzz71
    Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net
    Read my Journal of Awesomeness!
    Follow me on Twitter: @Buzz_71 and @the_CarpeDiem
    My Primal slow movement challenge: 208.29km of 1000km completed in 2012!

Buzz71 is offline Senior Member
    Ok front page updated, congrats to Roary and Turnstone who are ahead of the pace! The rest of us need to pick it up a little! )
    Buzz71
    Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net
    Read my Journal of Awesomeness!
    Follow me on Twitter: @Buzz_71 and @the_CarpeDiem
    My Primal slow movement challenge: 208.29km of 1000km completed in 2012!

dado Guest
    this is bullshit, man. roary, i want your runkeeper printouts.

Fiji is offline Senior Member
    I am way behind on my goal! Back pain is killing me so haven't been too mobile. I am at 2.6 km for now, gotta pick up the pace as soon as the back pain flare up goes away :/.
    Last edited by Fiji; 01-17-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Roary is offline Senior Member
    I don't need to prove anything because this is not competetive -- at least to me. I have dogs that I walk nearly every day. My usual walk is 3 miles ... Sometimes more, sometimes less. I set Runkeeper to report in km to simplify my check-ins. You don't have to believe me, and I certainly don't care if you do or not. I have nothing to gain by reporting falsely. I hope I can encourage others to get out there and move slowly. And that's all I have to say about that.

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roary View Post
    I don't need to prove anything because this is not competetive -- at least to me. I have dogs that I walk nearly every day. My usual walk is 3 miles ... Sometimes more, sometimes less. I set Runkeeper to report in km to simplify my check-ins. You don't have to believe me, and I certainly don't care if you do or not. I have nothing to gain by reporting falsely. I hope I can encourage others to get out there and move slowly. And that's all I have to say about that.
    i believe you, i think you're a good person.

but, i will defeat you. this sunday i might walk for 20 hours.

cantare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sounds like my kind of challenge! I try to walk 5 days a week, more or less. One thousand is a nice round number...only thing is, I'm not really a metric kind of guy, so I'll just have to do it in miles instead. I use MapMyWalk on PC and Android...gps tracking on the trails I use isn't perfect, but usually good to within .1-.2 mi; I manually correct it if it's any larger than that.

My 2012 total through Jan 17 is 87.34 mi (140.6 km)
    Last edited by cantare; 01-17-2012 at 10:38 PM. Reason: did some more walkin'

Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast