Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Slow Movement Challenge page 7

Buzz71 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I know I can't believe the freaking weather here! I decided to defer my walk to this afternoon!

Welcome all the new joiners! I'll update the main post this weekend, make sure to post your updated totals by then!
    Buzz71
    Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net
    Read my Journal of Awesomeness!
    Follow me on Twitter: @Buzz_71 and @the_CarpeDiem
    My Primal slow movement challenge: 208.29km of 1000km completed in 2012!

Aila is offline Senior Member
    Hi Buzz,

I'm in, too! Just downloaded Runkeeper, so I'm good to go! I'll be slowly trying to catch up with the rest of y'all...

Thanks! Glad to be here!
    48 yo single mom
    5'2", goal weight 110lb/50kg
    Healing from a very well-intentioned (but disastrous) near lifelong vegetarianism...

183.0 - CW FIFTY POUNDS RELEASED!
    233 - SW

Aila's Primal Journey

"If I cling to circumstances, I could claim to be not responsible. Only she who says she did not choose is the loser in the end." Adrienne Rich

Fiji is offline Senior Member
    This is a great challenge and I would love to join. My goal will be to walk about 4 miles per day, that's about 6.4 km per day. That should add up to about 1,400 miles for the remainder of the year, or about 2,270 km.

I love walking. It is really the only "exercise" I could see myself loving and doing on a consistent basis. I hate those gerbil machines at the gym.

Great to have you on board Aila and Fiji! Wow 2270, you 'll crack 1000 some time in June at that pace!
    Buzz71
    Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net

kahiba is offline Senior Member
    walked 8km this morning.

Total 38km
    Original Goal: To lose weight. Achieved in March 2010
    Long Term Goals: To continue using Primal guidlines to improve fitness and health. To share the Primal message.

The key to successful aging is to pay as little attention to it as possible - Judith Regan

Roary is offline Senior Member
    quick update -- I'm at 63.8 as of Jan 12. I've been scarce -- that work thing -- but glad to see all the slow movers out there!

It's been freezing cold here in the middle of summer ... I've fallen a liittle behind. Must get back on track to or row, will update the main page too.
    Buzz71

kahiba is offline Senior Member
    Buzz, the news said it got down to -1C in Canberra. We had 38C at our place on the same day and desperately need some rain. We walk around 6am because it is still hot right up to dark, or hotter than I'm prepared to walk in, anyway.
    Original Goal: To lose weight. Achieved in March 2010
    Long Term Goals: To continue using Primal guidlines to improve fitness and health. To share the Primal message.

The key to successful aging is to pay as little attention to it as possible - Judith Regan

Turnstone is offline Senior Member
    The weather in Australia amazes me. We have winter, and currently no freezing weather in sight. It's well below 10 C, but no frost this year yet.

Today the weather is fine. Just a little bit of rain. I am going to walk to my fowl farm to buy some eggs. It's not that far away, I guess both ways about 4-5 km.

I have ordered a MiniHomer GPS tracker. I hope it will arrive on monday. As I don't have a phone with GPS (and one for which there are no apps) this seems the cheapest solution to me.

kapela is offline Junior Member
    You said we should update this before the weekend, so here is my stats so far:

31.28 km according to Garmin this week. And since its my first week of walking thats the total this year

Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast