Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Slow Movement Challenge page 6

kahiba is offline Senior Member
    Walked 6km this morning. I'm walking about 5.5km per hour. Didn't have time to do the extra 2km as DH had dentist appt at 9am which is a 1 hour drive away.
    Original Goal: To lose weight. Achieved in March 2010
    Long Term Goals: To continue using Primal guidlines to improve fitness and health. To share the Primal message.

The key to successful aging is to pay as little attention to it as possible - Judith Regan

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Buzz, count me in. Better late than never. I've only logged 16.2 km so far in 2012 so I'm a bit behind, but it was horribly hot/humid at the beginning of the year and so I exercised indoors instead. I don't walk as much over summer; I do a lot more walking over winter, as I prefer outdoor activity when it's cold. Still, I hope to eventually catch up with you guys by mid-year.

Wow, so many physical challenges I've signed up to this year: pull-ups, 100 push-ups, and now walking 1000 km!
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

kapela is offline Junior Member
    Count mé In im on 14 km so far.

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
    Haha. How about as a compromise I will post my progress here in km. You know, so we can all be competitive nutjobs.
    good this is a strong compromise.

Turnstone is offline Senior Member
    6 km today.

Tomorrow will be hard, first I have to work all day (but walk around a lot), and in the evening I meet friends. So probably nothing tomorrow...

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
    6 km today.

Tomorrow will be hard, first I have to work all day (but walk around a lot), and in the evening I meet friends. So probably nothing tomorrow...
    don't stress it. i'm still on 4.5km.

but i expect to reach 1000km no problem. maybe i will take a sunday and walk for 20 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    don't stress it. i'm still on 4.5km.

but i expect to reach 1000km no problem. maybe i will take a sunday and walk for 20 hours.
    No, I don't want to stress it. But I know that I would stay at home too often without this motivation. Nothing tomorrow will be OK for me, but I can't catch up on weekends that easily, so I have to watch my mileage a little bit if I don't want to fall behind too much

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
    No, I don't want to stress it. But I know that I would stay at home too often without this motivation. Nothing tomorrow will be OK for me, but I can't catch up on weekends that easily, so I have to watch my mileage a little bit if I don't want to fall behind too much
    i relish the challenge falling behind provides.

Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    i relish the challenge falling behind provides.
    That's true.

But I am already behind, and I don't want to let it go too much right at the beginning. I guess this was the only motivation for me today to go outside for a walk, because we had drizzling rain the whole day. Not even an umbrella helped. In the end it was nice to be outside, but without the challenge I probably just stayed at home and missed the experience!

ljq309 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    15kms in total.

3kms in the freezing cold this morning, it's supposed to be the middle of summer...
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast