Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Slow Movement Challenge page 5

Buzz71 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well done Jovana!

Runkeeper is excellent, love it
    Buzz71
    Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net
    Read my Journal of Awesomeness!
    Follow me on Twitter: @Buzz_71 and @the_CarpeDiem
    My Primal slow movement challenge: 208.29km of 1000km completed in 2012!

dado Guest
    tell me about your pace.

i did my 4.5km the other night in a little over an hour. an hour and five minutes. i challenged myself to walk slowly, because this is how my brain will benefit most.

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    A week late, but I am totally in for this! This summer I was really good about walking a lot, with a goal of 40 miles per month (which I usually met or exceeded). I generally track how much I walk on mapmyrun.com. 1000km is 621miles, but I like even numbers so I’m going to round up to a goal of 650 miles in 2012.

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
    A week late, but I am totally in for this! This summer I was really good about walking a lot, with a goal of 40 miles per month (which I usually met or exceeded). I generally track how much I walk on mapmyrun.com. 1000km is 621miles, but I like even numbers so I’m going to round up to a goal of 650 miles in 2012.
    you're making a mess of the challenge. it's 1000km, no more, no less.

i'm in america, too, but i'm converting.

dado - I use runkeeper and I find my comfortable pace is about 6km/h. Have been concentrating on slow regular deep breathing while I walk and I find that pace puts me into the optimal 55-75% max HR range quite nicely. I have a regular walking track loop which is in parkland, its about 3.1km and that takes me around 30 mins.

Also, I think 1000km is the goal but if you go past it, so much the better, more slow movement is goodness! I'd hate people to stop just becuase they cracked the 1000km mark

Elizabeth, welcome! It's not too late Report your progress here and I'll update the front page weekly. Great to have you on board!
    Buzz71
    Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz71 View Post
    dado - I use runkeeper and I find my comfortable pace is about 6km/h. Have been concentrating on slow regular deep breathing while I walk and I find that pace puts me into the optimal 55-75% max HR range quite nicely. I have a regular walking track loop which is in parkland, its about 3.1km and that takes me around 30 mins.

Also, I think 1000km is the goal but if you go past it, so much the better, more slow movement is goodness! I'd hate people to stop just becuase they cracked the 1000km mark

Elizabeth, welcome! It's not too late Report your progress here and I'll update the front page weekly. Great to have you on board!
    it is symbolic value. 1000km and i never walk again.

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    it is symbolic value. 1000km and i never walk again.
    Haha. How about as a compromise I will post my progress here in km. You know, so we can all be competitive nutjobs.
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

Turnstone is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday was a bad walking day. Sitting almost the whole day, and after work it was already dark and it was raining. I stayed at home...

Today I managed to walk 7 km (3.5 km twice). I am still behind the schedule, but I try to catch up!

Quote Originally Posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
    Haha. How about as a compromise I will post my progress here in km. You know, so we can all be competitive nutjobs.
    Miles is fine! It's not a race, its all about encouraging each other to get the moving happening
    Buzz71

Quote Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
    Yesterday was a bad walking day. Sitting almost the whole day, and after work it was already dark and it was raining. I stayed at home...

Today I managed to walk 7 km (3.5 km twice). I am still behind the schedule, but I try to catch up!
    Turnstone, fair enough if the weather was bad! I've had that issue a couple of days already too. I plan to make up any deficit with some longer Sunday hikes, I think even Mark recommends that somewhere It all adds up!
    Buzz71

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast