Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Slow Movement Challenge page 44

Turnstone is offline Senior Member
    Oh, you might catch me! After reaching my goals I haven't walked as much as I should! Sometimes not a single mile in a week. I know how important slow movement is, but currently I am not getting enough walking anymore!

Just keep on walking. Walking 1000 kms in 8 months and then doing nothing is much worse than walking 800 kms in a year but in small distances every day!

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I'm on target to make 1000 km, the good 'ole British weather permitting. So far this autumn, it's been kind to me.

Had a lovely 8 km walk on a country estate in the afternoon sunshine today, enjoying the autumn colour against blue skies, and watched five hot air balloons launch and float off towards the city. This was very lucky timing as flights are very rare during November - April.

I'm walking 1-2 km during my lunchtimes at work whenever I can - it's a great opportunity for fresh air as I'm now based on a farm on the edge of the village. If I took my wellies I could walk across fields of grass-feeding cows - unfortunately I haven't yet plucked up the courage to do so, as I find livestock of that size a little scary.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Roary is offline Senior Member
    So proud of you guys! I'm officially out for the remainder of the year -- these tendon problems take FOREVER to heal. I'm still checking in though because I'm rooting for you!

tim_1522 is offline Senior Member
    September and October got *crazy* at work and then I've been fighting foot pain. Have been walking when I can, though, and recently passed the 1000 K mark. This is my first post/visit to the forum since the LAST time I posted an update on this thread.

As of the end of November, I was at 658.7 mi (1060.1 K)

Will try to keep walking strong the rest of the year...

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Sigi!

November: 50mi or 80km
    YTD: 609mi or 980km

Looks like I will be cutting it a bit close, but I've already put in 22 miles this month. So as long as I can manage at least mile a day for the rest of December I should make it.
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

Great work everyone!
    I am just starting to come back to regular walking. Reaching the goal so early was great, but I got sloppy afterwards and lost sight of my slow movements. Don't count the kms anymore but try to get at least 30 mins daily. It's winter over here, which means mostly wet, cold weather. But today there is a little bit of snow, and I am going to enjoy my walk!

Buzz71 is offline Senior Member
    Hi everyone! Great to see the thread is still going.

Update - I kinda fell of the wagon a little bit ... not deliberately, and not too far :-) I met a lovely lady in April this year, and well ...kinda got distracted for a while! I concede for a few months the eating wasn't great and the walking really dropped away in our Southern Hemisphere winter.

But back on deck now and returning to the primal fold. Have been walking a lot more but not tracking as much. Rectified that today by getting a FitBit, really looking forward to using that and tracking my steps. Starting with the 10,000 step a day challenge.

Hope you are all well and it looks like a few of you have definitely hit the 1000km mark!
    Buzz71
    Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net
    Read my Journal of Awesomeness!
    Follow me on Twitter: @Buzz_71 and @the_CarpeDiem
    My Primal slow movement challenge: 208.29km of 1000km completed in 2012!

Good to see you back, Buzz71!

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Yay! Great to see you back here Buzz. Glad to hear you have met a lovely lady - good for you.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    And as of this morning I have official passed 650 miles for the year 2012!!!

For some reason my ticker won't update, but after my morning commute today I have reach 652 miles! With 10 days to spare! I'm super excited and I'm going to try for an extra push to walk another 25 miles in those last 10 days since I'll be on vacation and have plenty of time. Just a little mini goal for the end of the year.
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast