Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Slow Movement Challenge page 41

tim_1522 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    So, it's been awhile since I've updated, or even posted in the forums at all...but, I had been keeping track in my spreadsheet.

For awhile, there were days that I didn't do much of anything at all, but I've gotten better lately. I'll spare the blow by blow and say that I am at 403.8mi (747.1km) through July 16, 2011.

I'm not sure if my extend AWOL means I've been disqualified, though...
    Re-focusing on the Primal Lifestyle in 2012!

Starting: 221.0lb, 29.5% BF (1/9/2012)
    Latest: 208.9, 26.1% BF (3/19/2012)

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35679.html

cantare is offline Senior Member
    Thread has gotten a bit quiet...I just assumed everyone's too busy walking to post ;-) I used to go into detail but now I've got almost 4 months of backlogged mapmywalk entries, so will probably just update the main number at the end of this month.

kahiba is offline Senior Member
    I walked into work and back home this morning so that's another 8km. It was too wet and windy/cold to tempt me out yesterday.
    Original Goal: To lose weight. Achieved in March 2010
    Long Term Goals: To continue using Primal guidlines to improve fitness and health. To share the Primal message.

The key to successful aging is to pay as little attention to it as possible - Judith Regan

anthonyc is offline Junior Member
    got in 5.21 miles lastnight after dinner

Meegeek is offline Senior Member
    Thought I would pop in for a quick update. At 665 km as of today. I did have a small bike accident and pulled a calf muscle. Lots of pain and stiffness, so that is slowing me down quite a lot. Still getting my daily 3km lunch walk in, just limping rather then walking. Doctor says it should take a few weeks to loosen back up, here's hoping!!.

I can't say enough about getting to the 1000km mark, I really feel like it is doable at this point. It has been surprising how motivated I am about this.

You may not know it, but you are all a great inspiration for me. Thanks....
    "When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that ... you find someone to carry you."

Onward....my primal journal
    2012 Slow Movement Challenge: My distance so far = 665 kM

My Map My Tracks Profile

kahiba is offline Senior Member
    6.5km this afternoon. Walked a circuit that I hadn't measured before so a bit disappointed it isn't my usual 8km. Almost feel cheated. This is very different coming from someone who in previous times would do almost anything to avoid going for a walk.
    Original Goal: To lose weight. Achieved in March 2010
    Long Term Goals: To continue using Primal guidlines to improve fitness and health. To share the Primal message.

The key to successful aging is to pay as little attention to it as possible - Judith Regan

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Summer has finally arrived in the UK - just in time for the London Olympics. Cue the conspiracy theories.

I walked about 14 km today around Bristol Harbour. Our annual Harbour Festival is on, and it's stacking up for a record number of visitors this year, as everyone's so desperate to get out and enjoy the sunny weather, now that the jet stream has returned to its normal position.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Roary is offline Senior Member
    I've limiting the interwebs as part of a self-imposed digital vacation. I also ruptured a tendon in my foot that has been an ongoing problem. I have still walked a bit and when I can find my phone I'll post my update.

LaurelMeredith is offline Junior Member
    Have you found any interesting walking challenges? I stumbled across the "Walk to Mordor" one on nerdfitness but I think I need something with a little more instant gratification first. I remember when the elevator broke at work and we were keeping track of the number of times we counted Mt. Greylock over a period of a few months. If anyone knows of something similar (especially in an exotic type locale) it would be greatly appreciated.

Roary is offline Senior Member
    LOL -- I checked my Runkeeper year to date ... I'm exactly half way at 500.5 km (311 miles). I'm not as far behind as I thought! I still need to kick it up a notch or two ...

Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast