Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Slow Movement Challenge page 31

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    My motivations are fresh air, sunshine, and appreciating nature. I also enjoy walking about town, including around the harbourside, which is very attractive, with lots of boats, people pottering about, and views of the countryside in the distance. I often stumble upon art exhibitions, street performers and street stalls, so I enjoy the random mix of experiences and pleasures that this brings, and often have no set plan of where I'm going to wander when I set out.

I also walk a lot on the Clifton Downs. This is a big green space just a few km from the city centre with a few trees and lots of blackberry bushes, and stunning views of the Avon Gorge. It's a very popular spot for walking, jogging, cycling, playing football, flying kites.

Walking is good for the soul and great for relaxation. I'm currently on 132 km, and this is my first day of 5 days' holiday from work. I've set myself a target of walking 40 km by the end of Tuesday 10th April.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Buzz71 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck for the next few days PB!

Interesting question on motivation. Honesty ... I struggle with depression and trying to find a life post marriage separation. For me, Primal is a way to try and make myself a better man. Sometimes, recently, things get the better of me and my motivation slips. No more though, I need to get firmly back on the horse.
    Buzz71
    Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net
    Read my Journal of Awesomeness!
    Follow me on Twitter: @Buzz_71 and @the_CarpeDiem
    My Primal slow movement challenge: 208.29km of 1000km completed in 2012!

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Ugh, it's horrible outside today, just not gonna do it. Yes, I am indeed a wimp. I'll slowly ride my stationary bike and watch some footy instead.

YTD total 229.4.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Turnstone is offline Senior Member
    Another 15 kms today! But now I have a blister under my foot.
    The fine spring weather changed, and it's cold and windy again. On saturday and yesterday we even had some snow! But friday, saturday and sunday were cold but sunny and I walked in the hills. Monday was DHs birthday, and we visited his aunt. I enjoy walking there, too, but the weather was wet and windy and cold, so I stayed inside.

Here are a few pictures from my friday walk. I use this route quite often on weekends, as it is a nice way, and I can decide if I want to walk 6,8 or 10 kms!

I saw these on a pasture along the way. I wonder who is the lucky person who will eat them!

Turnstone is offline Senior Member
    And a few more, I can just post 6 images in one posting...

tim_1522 is offline Senior Member
    Haven't checked in since the end of March. April has been super busy!

Apr 1 - 0.5 miles
    Apr 2 - 3.0 miles
    Apr 3 - 2.0 miles
    Apr 4 - 2.7 miles
    Apr 5 - 2.2 miles
    Apr 6 - 3.0 miles
    Apr 7 - 2.0 miles
    Apr 8 - 1.0 miles
    Apr 9 - 2.5 miles

YTD -- 225.6 miles (363.1K)
    Re-focusing on the Primal Lifestyle in 2012!

Starting: 221.0lb, 29.5% BF (1/9/2012)
    Latest: 208.9, 26.1% BF (3/19/2012)

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35679.html

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Beautiful photos Turnstone ... I especially like the close-ups of the flowers, but they're all good.

Epic fail for me over Easter (aimed for 40 km and only did 11), and I'm mostly blaming the English weather. I did quite a bit of low-level cardio in the gym, which doesn't count.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

ljq309 is offline Senior Member
    I've been a bit absent, but still walking. Have just gone through the calendar and I reckon I'm now at 190kms as of today (11 April).

The photos are beautiful, what a lovely idea.
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

kahiba is offline Senior Member
    Walked 6km on Monday and another 8km this morning. Quite a bit cooler now. I don't think we are far from our first frost.
    Original Goal: To lose weight. Achieved in March 2010
    Long Term Goals: To continue using Primal guidlines to improve fitness and health. To share the Primal message.

The key to successful aging is to pay as little attention to it as possible - Judith Regan

ljq309 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    193 as of April 12. Zero degrees this morning according to the radio, first morning walk wearing gloves this year.
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast