Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Slow Movement Challenge page 25

Buzz71 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hey everyone, sorry for the silence on my part I have been doing tons of travel for work. Things should settle down by the end of the week so will try and do a full update this weekend !
    Buzz71
    Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net
    Read my Journal of Awesomeness!
    Follow me on Twitter: @Buzz_71 and @the_CarpeDiem
    My Primal slow movement challenge: 208.29km of 1000km completed in 2012!

tim_1522 is offline Senior Member
    March is off to a wobbly start. Tweaked my ankle/shin on Thursday working with the girls on my daughter's basketball team at practice. Also, my half-marathon training running mileage continues to grow (10 mile long run yesterday) which cuts into my slow moving mileage. Finally forced myself to just get out and walk last night to post a decent walking amount yesterday.

Mar 1 - 2.0 miles
    Mar 2 - 2.0 miles
    Mar 3 - 1.0 miles
    Mar 4 - 2.3 miles

YTD -- 142.0 miles (228.5K)

Buzz, I totally get life "getting in the way" so don't worry about it. Hope things get a little less crazy and you have more time to hang around here soon.
    Re-focusing on the Primal Lifestyle in 2012!

Starting: 221.0lb, 29.5% BF (1/9/2012)
    Latest: 208.9, 26.1% BF (3/19/2012)

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35679.html

ljq309 is offline Senior Member
    134.4 as of March 7
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Hi everyone...

Not too late to join here is it? I noticed that unlike some other challenges this thread seems to welcome all with no set dates.

Today I downloaded TrackMyWalks to keep up with things.

Medical issues keep me SLOW, so this seems like the best place for me. But I do need some incentive and accountability to get out an walk more... even if it's just a few blocks a day (which is sometimes all I can manage even pushing it).

I have CRPS (right foot, leg, hip, and all the way up...)that is pretty well controlled with a Neuro-Stimulator.
    And began have complications from IIH at the end of July '11 (diagnosed Dec. 24th '11) that has really impacted my activity and mobility. Now that I'm on meds at least I'm actually able to walk and no longer need assistive devices though!

I don't know if I'll manage to get very close to 1000kms... even 100kms seems like a bit of a stretch when I think in such large chunks! LOL
    But even small bits are bits that add up, and bits that I'm not sitting on my bum.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Meegeek is offline Senior Member
    Walked into work today, 3 mi (5.3 km). This is my second time and the weather will be in the 60's this afternoon, so looking forward to the walk home. Last time had to call wife for a rescue halfway home due to rain. It was cold this morning, low 30's, but I love this. These large temp swings are just part of living above the 45th parallel I guess. By the time I reach the first klick I am plenty warm. Third day of wearing my Vivo's and feeling great, although my left ach. tendon is bit sore. No worse then going to Hawaii and making the shift to flip flops, tightness will work out over time.
    "When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that ... you find someone to carry you."

Onward....my primal journal
    2012 Slow Movement Challenge: My distance so far = 665 kM

My Map My Tracks Profile

ljq309 is offline Senior Member
    138.4 as of March 9
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

tim_1522 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Hi everyone...

Not too late to join here is it?
    Never too late!

Quote Originally Posted by Meegeek View Post
    Walked into work today, 3 mi (5.3 km). This is my second time and the weather will be in the 60's this afternoon, so looking forward to the walk home. Last time had to call wife for a rescue halfway home due to rain. It was cold this morning, low 30's, but I love this. These large temp swings are just part of living above the 45th parallel I guess. By the time I reach the first klick I am plenty warm. Third day of wearing my Vivo's and feeling great, although my left ach. tendon is bit sore. No worse then going to Hawaii and making the shift to flip flops, tightness will work out over time.
    That is awesome! I wish I could do that! I measured it the other day and I'm about 11 miles from my house to work (and that's going down some pretty busy streets not conducive to walking...it would be longer if I did only streets appropriate for walking...) so that's just not do-able! If I was as close as you were, I'd be ALL OVER that!

Funny thing is that from 1996 to 2003 I was at a job where I was about 2 miles from home to work (different home AND job from now) and it never once occurred to me to just walk to work. But, then a lot has changed for me since then...
    Re-focusing on the Primal Lifestyle in 2012!

Starting: 221.0lb, 29.5% BF (1/9/2012)
    Latest: 208.9, 26.1% BF (3/19/2012)

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35679.html

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Hi everyone...

Not too late to join here is it? I noticed that unlike some other challenges this thread seems to welcome all with no set dates.

Today I downloaded TrackMyWalks to keep up with things.

Medical issues keep me SLOW, so this seems like the best place for me. But I do need some incentive and accountability to get out an walk more... even if it's just a few blocks a day (which is sometimes all I can manage even pushing it).

I have CRPS (right foot, leg, hip, and all the way up...)that is pretty well controlled with a Neuro-Stimulator.
    And began have complications from IIH at the end of July '11 (diagnosed Dec. 24th '11) that has really impacted my activity and mobility. Now that I'm on meds at least I'm actually able to walk and no longer need assistive devices though!

I don't know if I'll manage to get very close to 1000kms... even 100kms seems like a bit of a stretch when I think in such large chunks! LOL
    But even small bits are bits that add up, and bits that I'm not sitting on my bum.
    You need to set your own goals - all that matters is that you are joining in and seeing a benefit
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Roary is offline Senior Member
    Cori -- yep, the small bits add up. Proud o' you for doing what you can. Walking is amazingly therapeutic.

March has been slow for me too ... The Job has been in the way, and I've been in the gym a little more. And on the bike a little more. I like the variety but my mileage is suffering. No matter, no stress!

Hope all are well.

Meegeek is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by tim_1522 View Post
    Funny thing is that from 1996 to 2003 I was at a job where I was about 2 miles from home to work (different home AND job from now) and it never once occurred to me to just walk to work. But, then a lot has changed for me since then...
    Yes, I was thinking about that on the walk home yesterday. I have been working at this location for a year and until shifting into a primal lifestyle never thought about walking into work. I am paying for the trek today though, a bit sore, but that good kind of sore. The new Vivo Barefooters are also taking a bit to get used to.

One suggestion is to drive to within a few miles of your work then walk the rest of the way in. That is assuming you can find a cheap and safe place to park.
    "When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that ... you find someone to carry you."

Onward....my primal journal
    2012 Slow Movement Challenge: My distance so far = 665 kM

My Map My Tracks Profile

Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast