Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm Starving! page

Alex Good is offline Senior Member

I'm Starving!

Lately I've just been extremely hungry. I've been overeating like crazy and not gaining weight.

A day of eating:
    Breakfast
    -Between 6 and 10 eggs
    -Same amount of bacon
    -Vegetables in the eggs (amounting to about the same volume of food as the eggs). Usually onions with potatoes, green pepper and mushrooms.
    -Occasionally some fruit (banana, handfull of cherries, orange)

Snack (started recently due to hunger, I don't count it as lunch unless there is meat)
    -Nuts
    -Fruit
    -Cheese (Rarely)

Supper
    -Large helping of meat (Usually upwards of a pound, sometimes going as high as 3lbs)
    -Vegetable (Usually amounting to two bowlfulls)
    -4 strips of bacon with eggs and vegetables to match (If not eating the usual supper vegetables)
    -Tea (Occasionally, with cream)

Any ideas why I`ve suddenly become so hungry?

EDIT: Additional info: I'm 20, 6'4" with a bigger build than the average (I would describe it as a fighter's build as opposed to the farmer's build of a bodybuilder).
    Last edited by Alex Good; 01-03-2012 at 01:11 PM.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Tapeworm?
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

dado Guest
    what do you squat?

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I get really hungry if I eat too much lean protein. But I am not your size or gender.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

primalkyle is offline Senior Member
    Up to 48oz of meat in one sitting? I don't think I could ever come close to that. That's strange that you'd just go from normally being full, to wanting to eat a lot more. (I'm assuming no extra physical exercise than normal or else you wouldn't be asking.)

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Thyroid....??

activia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Lately I've just been extremely hungry. I've been overeating like crazy and not gaining weight.

A day of eating:
    Breakfast
    -Between 6 and 10 eggs
    -Same amount of bacon
    -Vegetables in the eggs (amounting to about the same volume of food as the eggs). Usually onions with potatoes, green pepper and mushrooms.
    -Occasionally some fruit (banana, handfull of cherries, orange)

Snack (started recently due to hunger, I don't count it as lunch unless there is meat)
    -Nuts
    -Fruit
    -Cheese (Rarely)

Supper
    -Large helping of meat (Usually upwards of a pound, sometimes going as high as 3lbs)
    -Vegetable (Usually amounting to two bowlfulls)
    -4 strips of bacon with eggs and vegetables to match (If not eating the usual supper vegetables)
    -Tea (Occasionally, with cream)

Any ideas why I`ve suddenly become so hungry?

EDIT: Additional info: I'm 20, 6'4" with a bigger build than the average (I would describe it as a fighter's build as opposed to the farmer's build of a bodybuilder).
    Hmm eggs/bacon never seem to bring me satiety either. I'd switch the bacon with some leaner protein. Try chicken/steak/fish. Also how about trying some sweet potatoes/fruit? Your body might be craving glucous if you are lifting.

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    That's really not that much for a tall, young man. You are technically still growing until you're around 21, so I wouldn't be alarmed if you aren't gaining weight. Eat as much as you need, there is no universal set amount. Active young males with your stats could easily take in 4000-5000 calories a day to thrive.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Owly: Maybe, I like rare pork.
    dado: Nothing right now, back injury plus working on depth.
    sbhikes: It's all fatty.
    primalkyle: The 3lbs is usually when I make pork and beef shoulder roasts. Also no extra work, just some bodyweight stuff to replace squats until I get the flexibility I want.
    NorthernMonkeyGirl: I doubt hyperthyroidism could be it (I don't have any symptoms that I haven't had since birth, like hating heat), but it is possible that I'm having one last growth spurt. The doctor said years ago that I would get another but I haven't really grown at all in the past year.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    activia: Can't stand lean protein. I give that to the dog.
    j3nn: The alarm is more about the cost. I'm saving for a trip this summer and almost doubling my food intake isn't helping.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast