Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: This year is all about my body and my health! page 9

anna-banana is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm not exercising enough this week... No primal movements and not much slow moving either. It's been busy at work and I've also been lazy I guess. There will be a big fat hike this weekend to make up for that!
    Yesterday's primal meals:
    B: Skipped it - just had some decaf green tea
    L: I brought a salad to work: mixed baby greens, carrots, red bell pepper, peppered deli turkey, feta cheese, 1 boiled egg and topped off with some crunchy pancetta bits - I used a couple of tbsp of the balsamic vinaigrette from the cafeteria salad station, I hope there's not much else in there besides olive oil and balsamic vinegar...
    D: Massive rib eye steak topped with some garlic parmesan butter and a side of sauteed onions and baby bella mushrooms

Today:
    B: 1 boiled egg, peach oolong tea
    L: Same salad as above with an addition of sauteed chanterelle mushrooms
    D: A girlfriend is coming over and my boyfriend is gone. I'm making the third rib eye from the pack we had, it should be plenty for us to share it and then making some tomato topped with mozzarella. I already know we will split a bottle of red wine and she's also bringing dessert. She knows I am on the primal wagon, so it'll most likely be some high fat cheese cake - yummy!
    25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

I was right about the cheese cake and it was delicious.

Today I had a small apple and an orange for breakfast, I have craving some acidity, so I figured it's a good idea to listen to my body. I'm going for lunch with my boss today - luckily we live in California where every restaurant has some healthy options. For dinner we are either making bacon wrapped drumsticks or lam sirloin steaks.

After work I will walk the Stanford Dish and then tomorrow I am going for a hike with a girlfriend at 10am. Those two combined will at least get me to the minimum slow moving of 3 hours for the week and then on Sunday it'll either be another walk or a bike ride.

Time to stop the laziness and do 15 minutes of PEMs at night in front of the TV! Have a good weekend everyone!
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

I ended up walking around the neighborhood with my boyfriend yesterday after I came home from work for about 45 minutes. For dinner we made lamb sirloin steaks and caprese. We split a bottle of red wine, I had a piece of dark truffle chocolate for dessert and a small amount of port wine.

Today I went for a 2-hour slow hike (with some steep inclines that left us rather breathless) with a girlfriend. Before that I had a boiled egg and a couple of macadamia nuts for breakfast. I got hungry after the hike, so I made a salad: mixed greens, carrots, red bell pepper, cucumber, and turkey deli meat topped with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. For tonight I just popped a bunch of chicken drumsticks (seasoned with chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, dried thyme and parsley, and salt and pepper) into the slow cooker on a bed of thick sliced onions. The onions will prevent the drumsticks from laying in their own juices and hence they should crunch up nicely. This will cook now for about 6-7 hours. A girlfriend from out of town is coming over this afternoon to highlight my hair and she'll spend the night so I don't have to worry about dinner anymore and we'll probably go out for a drink or two later tonight - I will try to stick with red wine!!!

Alright, I'm off to do some primal movements now and then read a book on the couch.

Cave Woman is offline Senior Member
    It sounds like you are doing it right, Anna-Banana. I don't know how you full time workers get in enough exercise! Scheduling has never been my strong suit but I'm having to do it now!
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122
    Goal weight 115? 120? I'll know when I get there.

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Cave Woman, it is definitely hard to schedule in the exercise, I am lucky that I work from home 40% of the time and can then easily slip out for a 1-hour walk at any given time during the day (unless I have conference calls )

The weekends are certainly my main time to get in the slow moving. My 2-hour hike on Saturday left my calves and glutes sore yesterday and today. I love feeling that I worked my muscles, there were definitely some steep hills that I conquered.

Food yesterday:
    B: 6" steak egg and cheese sandwich from Subway - yes, I cheated and had bread. It didn't taste as good as it used to, so I think I can quit Subway for good now. I only ate about half of the bread.
    L: Spicy seafood soup at a Mexican restaurant - awesome! Yummy tomato chili broth with scallops, octopus, white fish, baby shrimp, etc. I couldn't finish the whole bowl, so the leftovers will be my lunch today.
    D: I had thrown a bunch of spicy seasoned chicken in the slow cooker on a bed of onions on Saturday and then pulled all the meat of the bones on Sunday and threw it along with the onions and some organic colored carrots and celery into chicken soup and it made a delicious spicy chicken soup (see photo below).

Today I had a chicken patty for breakfast topped with a slice of turkey bacon and two fried eggs. Seafood soup leftovers now and then we'll see what we want for dinner - we went to CostCo yesterday and stuffed the fridge with lots of primal goodies. After lunch I'm going for a walk or hike.

photo.jpg

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    oh anna!!! that looks sooooo yummmmm!!!! great pic!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

We ended up having a meat & cheese plate for dinner last night with some macadamias and sliced pear. I went for a 40-minute walk in the nearby park and discovered pull-up bars, which is great since that was the only PEM that I couldn't do at home. Ended up doing 14 assisted leg pull-ups - yep those arms are pretty weak haha. Will make that park my main walk 3 times a week so I get on those bars!

Today I had a chicken patty again for breakfast topped with two fried eggs. No lunch, I went to happy hour with a friend at 4pm. I had 6 raw oysters, a bowl of steamed mussels in white wine/cream sauce with some fingerling potatoes and I also tried a small slice of the thin-crust pizza my friend ordered as well as a couple of spoonfuls of the mac & cheese. The seafood tasted much better than the grain loaded dishes! I also had two cocktails - a spicy margarita (light on the agave syrup) and a gin cocktail with lemon juice and topped off with champagne. Now I'm full, slightly uncomfortably full and wish I had moved more today but it's pitch black outside. Maybe I'll go do some planks in front of the TV.

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member

Good Job on the Pullups!

Quote Originally Posted by anna-banana View Post
    We ended up having a meat & cheese plate for dinner last night with some macadamias and sliced pear. I went for a 40-minute walk in the nearby park and discovered pull-up bars, which is great since that was the only PEM that I couldn't do at home. Ended up doing 14 assisted leg pull-ups - yep those arms are pretty weak haha. Will make that park my main walk 3 times a week so I get on those bars!

Today I had a chicken patty again for breakfast topped with two fried eggs. No lunch, I went to happy hour with a friend at 4pm. I had 6 raw oysters, a bowl of steamed mussels in white wine/cream sauce with some fingerling potatoes and I also tried a small slice of the thin-crust pizza my friend ordered as well as a couple of spoonfuls of the mac & cheese. The seafood tasted much better than the grain loaded dishes! I also had two cocktails - a spicy margarita (light on the agave syrup) and a gin cocktail with lemon juice and topped off with champagne. Now I'm full, slightly uncomfortably full and wish I had moved more today but it's pitch black outside. Maybe I'll go do some planks in front of the TV.
    Hi Anna!
    I just want to congratulate you on finding a park with the pullup bars! That's FANTASTIC!
    I bought a pullup bar from Walgreens ($20) about a month ago that we've been using every day. I can't do a real pullup yet either, no worries: I can do what I call a "falldown". I jump up to hold myself above the bar, and resist the whole way down. I'm gravitationally challenged for now, but I'm going slower and slower on my way down! By the time I've done 4 of those, my shoulders are on FIRE!
    My sons are also jumping up to the bar to hang on it on their way by, so It's getting used!
    Congratulations again, you're doing great!
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Aaaaaahhhh this week is so not primal. I keep slipping up and cheating - ugh! Yesterday it was having two small slices of thin-crust pizza and too much alcohol, today it was a cupcake at work.... hrmph... No side effects so at least that's good. Time to "punish" myself with a long long long walk

That cupcake filled me up so much that besides it I've only had a boiled egg so far today. I'll have a primal dinner tonight and hopefully the low meal consumption will make up for the darn frosted grain monster.

Bamboozel is offline Senior Member
    Great to see how you are going Anna! I have given up on my journal (ha!) but going great with weight loss etc. Lost ~7kgs (15 pounds) since I began 50 days ago. AWW YEH! Keep it up! those cheat meals are sometimes needed but just get back on the horse and get going again

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast