Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: This year is all about my body and my health! page 8

anna-banana is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey primal cajun, sounds like we are in the same boat with weekends being the tough cookie for us! *sigh* at least I have discovered quite a few restaurants now that serve plenty of grain free and gluten free dishes (as well as dairy free if I'm in the mood to avoid that, too). Now I just need to go eat at those instead of the bad places - haha!

I actually behaved a lot more yesterday (Superbowl party at our place) than I thought I would. The boyfriend and I hopped on our road bikes in the morning around 8.15am. I hadn't been on the bike in months, so my butt is feeling it today - ouch! We took a long detour to a breakfast place, making it a nice 50-minute ride with some steep hills. Breakfast was surely deserved after that. I ordered the eggs florentine and removed the muffin halves from underneath the eggs. So I was just left with two poached eggs, ham, cooked spinach and some hollandaise sauce (yes, I know that sauce is not very primal). We left stuffed and comfortably rode home - another 20 minutes riding.

I then did lots of laundry and the machines are located on the 1st floor (bedroom is on the second), so there was plenty of full hamper lifting and lugging and up-and-down the stairs. For the football game I had a veggies platter out (broccoli florets, baby carrots, red bell pepper, and cucumber) with greek yogurt jalapeno dip. I also made guacamole and chips, chicken meatballs with spicy dip (sriracha, coarse dijon mustard, and curry ketchup mixed together), and put a bowl of brazil nuts out. I only had about 6 of the yellow corn tortilla chips with the guacamole & the mango salsa that a friend brought. My boyfriend also grilled up a massive tri tip steak and I had about 4 ounces of that. Lots of veggies with dip and a few meatballs and I was stuffed. Also had two beers and then a Ramos Gin Fizz cocktail (one egg white, gin, orange flower water, vanilla extract, lime juice, soda water and sugar to taste all blended with ice - the 1/2 tsp of sugar was the worst about this drink).

I didn't have any lunch since I was still full from breakfast, so just had the two meals at 9.30am and about 5pm.

Today it's Monday, which means I'm on my strict primal path again. I had a large scramble for breakfast - 3 organic eggs, red bell pepper, 2 slices turkey bacon, and some green onions. Instead of eating lunch today I will walk/hike the Stanford Dish again (1 hour walk). In case I get hungry before dinner I did bring 5 leftover chicken meatballs and 1/2 red bell pepper to work as well as a handful of macadamias. Dinner will be spicy rubbed chicken breast wrapped in bacon and an artichoke with aioli.

I'm excited to feel good again after this bloated weekend!
    25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

Cave Woman is offline Senior Member
    The weight is still ticking down, and that is the important thing. Glad you had a fun weekend and are able to pick your dietary indiscretions from such a lovely pallette! And now it's back on the primal bandwagon. Without feeling deprived. Aren't we lucky to have found the Primal Blueprint?
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122
    Goal weight 115? 120? I'll know when I get there.

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Monday ended up being a great day with excellent stats and it even included 12 oz. of Chimay beer. Here are the numbers:
    Calories: 1580
    Protein: 121g
    Fat: 77g
    Carbs: 63g

For yesterday the stats are difficult to determine as I had a dinner event, so here's a food breakdown:

B: 3-egg omelet with 2 slices turkey bacon, red bell pepper, and green onion; decaf green tea
    L: cucumbers, red bell pepper, carrots, deli turkey meat, and feta cheese with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar
    S: stuffed mushrooms (there was some barley in there which I wasn't aware of - at least it was minimal); baked brie with apricot compote
    D: lots of little tid bits (it was a tasting buffet): chicken lettuce wrap, dry rubbed ribs, steamed edamame, avocado & walnut lamb rolls with mint sauce, spicy red beet puff, coconut chicken in lemongrass sauce; spicy chili & sesame broccoli (which was very lightly battered), for desert I tried a couple of spoons of the rose water custard
    Alcohol: yep, too much once again - 1 martini, 1 large hot sake, 1 tequila cocktail, 1/2 glass red wine - sigh! They just kept coming around with trays of stuff to drink - how can I say no to free yummy cocktails? Ugh. I'm feeling it today so to make up for it I'm walking/hiking the Stanford dish at lunch time.

I was still full this morning so I just ate a small granny smith and some macadamia nuts.
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

I ended up walking the Dish at lunch and then had a bowl of split pea and ham soup at work afterwards. I wasn't aware how many carbs were in that soup until I looked up the nutritional value oh well, I still ended up in the weight loss range since my breakfast and dinner had hardly any carbs.

For dinner my boyfriend made us rosemary lamb sirloin steaks (from CostCo) - so tender and delicious and a steal at about $13 for two steaks (mine was the smaller one and weighed in at 8 0z.). I sauteed up some portobellos with shallots and in olive oil (Easy Portobello Mushroom Saute Recipe - Allrecipes.com) and added fresh garlic. It was very juicy, tasty and the melted cheese on top put it through the roof! This will be a go-to veggie side dish.

Stats for yesterday:
    Calories: 1609
    Protein: 77g
    Fat: 91g
    Carbs: 94g

Today breakfast was my standard 3-egg omelet with turkey bacon, bell pepper, and green onion. Now sipping a cup of decaf green tea at work and planning on a large salad for lunch with tuna.

I discovered this small fitness room at work which doesn't get used much at all. They have a bunch of dumbbells in all sizes there and yoga mats, medicine balls, etc. Since I quit my gym membership when I started going primal, this is a great find as I can no do my strength workouts here with the weights rather than having to buy some The space also has lockers and a couple of showers so I can easily do my lunch hikes now and get back into my work clothes afterwards! This discovery groks!

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member

Work Gym

Quote Originally Posted by anna-banana View Post
    I ended up walking the Dish at lunch and then had a bowl of split pea and ham soup at work afterwards. I wasn't aware how many carbs were in that soup until I looked up the nutritional value oh well, I still ended up in the weight loss range since my breakfast and dinner had hardly any carbs.

For dinner my boyfriend made us rosemary lamb sirloin steaks (from CostCo) - so tender and delicious and a steal at about $13 for two steaks (mine was the smaller one and weighed in at 8 0z.). I sauteed up some portobellos with shallots and in olive oil (Easy Portobello Mushroom Saute Recipe - Allrecipes.com) and added fresh garlic. It was very juicy, tasty and the melted cheese on top put it through the roof! This will be a go-to veggie side dish.

Stats for yesterday:
    Calories: 1609
    Protein: 77g
    Fat: 91g
    Carbs: 94g

Today breakfast was my standard 3-egg omelet with turkey bacon, bell pepper, and green onion. Now sipping a cup of decaf green tea at work and planning on a large salad for lunch with tuna.

I discovered this small fitness room at work which doesn't get used much at all. They have a bunch of dumbbells in all sizes there and yoga mats, medicine balls, etc. Since I quit my gym membership when I started going primal, this is a great find as I can no do my strength workouts here with the weights rather than having to buy some The space also has lockers and a couple of showers so I can easily do my lunch hikes now and get back into my work clothes afterwards! This discovery groks!
    WHOO HOO!
    That's AWESOME Anna!
    I think it's terriffic that you can have a quick walk and not mess up your work clothes!
    -C
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Yay, I can finally write in my journal again! I was having some major withdrawals here over the weekend

I guess I won't blabber on about everything in the last 3-4 days and will stick to the most recent stuff. Yesterday was another wonderfully primal day. 3-egg scramble for breakfast (with turkey bacon, mushrooms, bell pepper, onion); tomato basil bisque for lunch (we were at a mall for a few hours and went to a deli - this was one of the few primal options); 2 chicken drumsticks wrapped in bacon for dinner with some tomato and mozzarella.
    Stats:
    Calories: 1610
    Protein: 90g
    Fat: 102g
    Carbs: 59g

Lots of slow moving around the mall yesterday, whereas Saturday was spent lounging around the house with my new Kindle and reading the freshly downloaded "21-Day Challenge" by Mark. Yes, today I am starting the 21-Day challenge. I made this decision as I think it will give me an extra kick in the butt and get me to do the exercising portion a bit more - I'd like to start building some lean muscle. I've always done really well with following instructions and programs, so I think this will be good for me.

For today I am supposed to clear out my pantry of all the bad stuff - something that I have already done a while ago except for the items that my boyfriend continues to consume and those don't really tempt me anymore anyway. I am also supposed to buy some primal food so I don't starve and prepare a large shopping list. Well, I am one step ahead again here as our fridge is filled with organic eggs, turkey and pork bacon, lamb sirloin steaks, chicken drumsticks, frozen shrimp, veggies (cucumbers, red bell peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, mushrooms, onion, carrots, lettuce) and I have a large supply of macadamia nuts and beef jerky to snack on. I've got primal fats in abundance - coconut oil, grass-fed butter, extra virgin olive oil, left-over bacon fate, and sesame oil (for salads). So my only remaining task for my 1st day challenge today is to implement two primal movement sessions - whether it's moving around for 5 minutes for every hour that I sit at work, or go for a 15-minute after dinner walk or a lunch walk, etc. That reminds me, I've been at work a little over an hour, time to roam around the building and walk up and down the stairs a couple of times

Happy Monday everyone! This is the first one that I am very excited about since I get to start the 21-Day Challenge! I weighed in at 153.5 this morning (that was after breakfast - my mistake for not weighing myself on an empty stomach).

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Hi Anna!! yup...I was going thru journal withdrawals too!!! Glad they got it all fixed up!

You sound like you've been doing great!! The Primal 21 Day challenge was great to just cement in my head what I already knew. I can't do the exercises but did what I could. I think it would also be a good refresher course down the road. I just printed off the daily worksheets so I wouldn't have to write in the book...that way I could go back at a later time & do it again if I wanted.

have a wonderful primal day & keep up the good work!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Wine & chocolate vs. Anna - 1:0

Cave Woman is offline Senior Member
    Have fun with the challenge. I'll be following your progress.
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122
    Goal weight 115? 120? I'll know when I get there.

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Thanks primal cajun and cave woman!

Yesterday's food:
    B: 2 hard boiled eggs & 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
    L: Romaine lettuce topped with cucumber, tomato, red bell pepper and canned light tuna in oil
    D: I made grain-free gluten-free pizza crust (Grain-Gluten-Free Primal Pizza Crust | Life As A Plate) and then the boyfriend and I created our own little mini pizzas with that. Mine was topped with mozzarella, salami, sauteed chanterelle mushrooms and shallots, pancetta and a little sprinkle of parmesan on top. It was overall pretty good and extremely filling. All that fat from the almond meal definitely made for a satisfying meal. However, the calories in the crust are a little high for my liking - 960 calories (excluding the toppings!!!) are two thirds of my current daily intake. Thankfully my breakfast and lunch were not that high in calories.

S: 2 glasses red wine, 3 pieces chocolate

I should have moved more yesterday, but it was pouring rain so besides the few walks around the office every 1-2 hours and the quick run to the supermarket in the rain, I didn't move enough. I can change that today since the sun has come out again.

Now to today's Challenges (Day 2):
    Primal Shopping Spree - again, my fridge is busting out with primal foods, so I already accomplished this
    Moderate Duration Aerobic Workout - My plan is to go for a 30-60minute walk (either at lunch or after work)
    Calm, Relaxing Evening - Since it's Valentine's Day, this shouldn't be a problem. We were planning on cooking together at home and then we'll probably whip out the backgammon set and have some music on in the background. Unless the boyfriend gets sneaky and planned something else (this has happened before). Either way, it should be a mellow evening in twosomeness.

I wish you all a wonderful day with your loved ones!

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast