Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: This year is all about my body and my health! page 7

anna-banana is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yesterday was a very primal day for me and it motivated me to have more of those days. I ended up with the following stats:
    Calories: 1621
    Protein: 131 grams
    Fat: 77 grams
    Carbs: 101 grams

It was actually a higher than usual carb day - I generally am somewhere between 50-70 grams. It was the butternut apple squash soup that catapulted me a little higher and barely into the sweet spot zone. Usually my fat grams are a bit higher and the carbs are lower. No alcohol, no grains, no sugar and I walked for 45 minutes - I slept great and am on top of the world today!

So far today:

B: 4 medium strawberries, 1/2 kiwi and 1/4 cup macadamia nuts; decaf green tea

L: 6 chicken meatballs; salad consisting of cucumber, radish, avocado, tomato, 1 boiled egg, feta cheese, olive oil and balsamic vinegar

S: peppermint tea

D: we are planning on making peppercorn pork tenderloin and asparagus

Hopefully I can sneak out of work right at 5 so I can get a 45-minute walk in before it gets dark. I am now fully committed to limit alcohol to the weekend and to do something active every day (walk, bike, primal movements, etc.)
    25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    yay Anna!!! Isn't it great to feel so good??? I'm still amazed at how good I feel! You are doing fantastic & I enjoy keeping up with your journey!

your peppercorn pork tenderloin sounds delish!!

have a great evening!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Thanks, primal cajun! I love your own quote in your signature!

We had the pork tenderloin for dinner and I ate about 8 oz. of it with 8 spears of asparagus that I roasted in the oven in olive oil and chopped garlic. Topped it off with some feta and we had an awesome dinner! I was able to leave work at 4.45pm and walked the Stanford Dish, which is actually more of a hike considering the ups and downs and total overall increase in elevation. A little short of breath here and there as I was trying to hurry around the course. It usually takes me about 1 hour 10 minutes, but they close the gates when it gets dark, so I walked at a fast pace and completed it in 1 hour. I felt super good afterwards and I think I need to go for walks immediately after work. That's the time when I'm still most motivated and I make my walks longer than the after-dinner in the dark walks are.

Yesterday's stats:
    1236 calories (I was amazed how low it was, but wasn't hungry for more food)
    75g protein
    82g fat
    51g carbs

1-hour walk/hike; no alcohol, no sugar, no grains
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Today was another awesomely primal day - 3 in a row now without cheating!

B: 4 strawberries, 1 kiwi, and a few macadamia nuts (pretty much the same as yesterday)

L: 6 chicken meatballs; salad consisting of cucumber, tomato, feta, radishes, red bell pepper, 1 boiled egg (yes, also pretty much the same as yesterday)

D: some herring fillet pieces; 2 sunny side up eggs and 2 slices turkey bacon; sliced persian cucumbers and grape tomatoes (I wasn't in the mood to cook and was craving breakfast items so this was the end result)

I walked/hiked the Stanford dish again after work - loop was 1 hour again. Hmmm....kind of feels like it's Groundhog day today, not tomorrow

No alcohol, no sugar!

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member

Whoo Hoo! Good for you kiddo!

Quote Originally Posted by anna-banana View Post
    Today was another awesomely primal day - 3 in a row now without cheating!

B: 4 strawberries, 1 kiwi, and a few macadamia nuts (pretty much the same as yesterday)

L: 6 chicken meatballs; salad consisting of cucumber, tomato, feta, radishes, red bell pepper, 1 boiled egg (yes, also pretty much the same as yesterday)

D: some herring fillet pieces; 2 sunny side up eggs and 2 slices turkey bacon; sliced persian cucumbers and grape tomatoes (I wasn't in the mood to cook and was craving breakfast items so this was the end result)

I walked/hiked the Stanford dish again after work - loop was 1 hour again. Hmmm....kind of feels like it's Groundhog day today, not tomorrow

No alcohol, no sugar!
    I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised when you weigh yourself next!
    Awesome job, Anna!

I LIKE the idea you had to cook the asparagus in the oven with EVOO and garlic (I have all that stuff, so THAT'S on the menu for tomorrow night)!
    Last edited by Paleo Charlie; 02-01-2012 at 08:14 PM.
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Thanks, Charlie! 1/2 lb down this morning even though I cheated last night and had a few spoonfuls of banana bread pudding. However I ate so well all day that it didn't really affect me. Also had some red wine last night, but kept my dinner to some red beets with goat cheese, 3 dates stuffed with manchego cheese and wrapped in bacon and some pork pate. My lunch yesterday was thai panang curry with chicken and a small cup of cabbage soup. I ignored the side of rice and just ate the curry sauce with a spoon like it was soup - very delicious and spicy! My breakfast was 2 strips of turkey bacon and two fried eggs. I also had an apple as a snack in the afternoon. Stats minus the banana bread pudding (so add some fat and a chunk of carbs):
    1611 calories
    97g protein
    78g fat
    130g carbs

Everything was in good range except for the carbs. I would say after the bit of banana bread pudding I had I'd still land in the Maintenance range since it was mainly banana. Today it's back to the Sweet Spot for Effortless Weight Loss range!

I had to work late so I couldn't walk yesterday. However, I walked quite a few flights of stairs throughout the day and also did some walks across massive parking lots to the off-site meeting buildings (I've made it a point to park far away and walk an extra minute). The last meeting was more informal and they had tons of pizza and beers. The pizza smelled so frickin' delicious! Nonetheless, I just ate the apple I brought in my purse and gulped down two bottles of water instead of beer. I was really really proud of myself. Maybe too proud, since I later allowed myself some banana bread pudding, but that's still a lot better than a slice or two of pizza and beer

I skipped breakfast today and will make myself a large salad at the salad bar in the work cafeteria unless they have a nice grill special today (oftentimes a yummy grilled fish fillet or some pork chops and veggies).

Tonight we are doing a meat and cheese plate similar to the one posted below that we had last Saturday at home. The crackers are for my boyfriend by the way, I skip those I've come to realize that the soft cheese can just be spread onto the meat and then I roll it up and eat it like a wrap. Oh, and brie on a slice of pear with some turkey is a-mazing!

Happy Friday everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member

Niice!

Quote Originally Posted by anna-banana View Post
    Thanks, Charlie! 1/2 lb down this morning even though I cheated last night and had a few spoonfuls of banana bread pudding. However I ate so well all day that it didn't really affect me. Also had some red wine last night, but kept my dinner to some red beets with goat cheese, 3 dates stuffed with manchego cheese and wrapped in bacon and some pork pate. My lunch yesterday was thai panang curry with chicken and a small cup of cabbage soup. I ignored the side of rice and just ate the curry sauce with a spoon like it was soup - very delicious and spicy! My breakfast was 2 strips of turkey bacon and two fried eggs. I also had an apple as a snack in the afternoon. Stats minus the banana bread pudding (so add some fat and a chunk of carbs):
    1611 calories
    97g protein
    78g fat
    130g carbs

Everything was in good range except for the carbs. I would say after the bit of banana bread pudding I had I'd still land in the Maintenance range since it was mainly banana. Today it's back to the Sweet Spot for Effortless Weight Loss range!

I had to work late so I couldn't walk yesterday. However, I walked quite a few flights of stairs throughout the day and also did some walks across massive parking lots to the off-site meeting buildings (I've made it a point to park far away and walk an extra minute). The last meeting was more informal and they had tons of pizza and beers. The pizza smelled so frickin' delicious! Nonetheless, I just ate the apple I brought in my purse and gulped down two bottles of water instead of beer. I was really really proud of myself. Maybe too proud, since I later allowed myself some banana bread pudding, but that's still a lot better than a slice or two of pizza and beer

I skipped breakfast today and will make myself a large salad at the salad bar in the work cafeteria unless they have a nice grill special today (oftentimes a yummy grilled fish fillet or some pork chops and veggies).

Tonight we are doing a meat and cheese plate similar to the one posted below that we had last Saturday at home. The crackers are for my boyfriend by the way, I skip those I've come to realize that the soft cheese can just be spread onto the meat and then I roll it up and eat it like a wrap. Oh, and brie on a slice of pear with some turkey is a-mazing!

Happy Friday everyone!
    Well done Anna!
    I'm proud of you!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

I'm proud of you too Anna!!! You resisted all those temptations!! Great job!! I like your idea of a meat & cheese plate!!! I bought quite a few different cheeses at Sam's yesterday & some deli lunch meat (gluten free & nitrite free of course!!). That would make a great lunch for me & a snack for hubby! We love Brie too. Hubby likes it baked. I need to pick some up next time I go to the store.

In the Wheat Belly book there is a recipe for a Flax Wrap...I can't wait to try it...if its any good I'll post it in my journal if anyone wants to try it.

have a great night!!!! {{{{hugs}}}}

Up late and not feeling so great. Ended up having the meat and cheese plate last night as well as a small slice of cheesecake that a friend brought over. Also had waaaaaaay too much red wine...UGH, this morning was rough! Today we went out for brunch around 11am - I had eggs benedict with hollandaise sitting on hash brown potatoes and a bed of spinach and mushrooms. I only ate a little bit of the potato and the dish was altogether very filling. We then walked around the mall for about 3 hours - lots of slow moving. Had a medium chai latte at some point - not very primal, but tasted really good. We sat in the sun for about 30 minutes while enjoying our coffee beverages. Around 5pm we hit up a happy hour spot. I had a white wine sangria (no sugar added besides from the marinating fruit), 4 sweet/spicy glazed chicken wings and I had a BBQ pork pulled slider. Later tonight we just had a little bit of left over meat and cheese and macadamia nuts and I also had 1/2 banana. Now I feel like crap. Let's analyze what contributed to that:
    too much wine last night, chai latte syrup (possibly also the milk), bun from slider, sugar added to sweet/spicy chicken glaze, possibly the banana

The only thing that made me feel good about today was the lots of walking. I guess my brunch and mini dinner were ok as well. The happy hour was not good for my system. Oh well, moving on and making tomorrow a better day than today. We have some people coming over for the Superbowl and we have lots of primal food to cook up - half chicken breasts (may wrap them in bacon), portobello mushrooms (will stuff with garlic, red bell pepper, spices and top with goat cheese and grill), chicken meatballs, veggie platter with greek yoghurt jalapeno dip. I am going for a hike in the morning.

I've definitely noticed that staying primal during the week is a lot easier for me. The weekends are the tough part. During the week I cook breakfast (or skip it when I'm not hungry) at home, pack a lunch to take to work (or hit up the awesome salad bar in the cafeteria) and then we cook dinner at home at night. Avoiding alcohol is also easier since I know I need to work the next day. On weekends we like to go out for food and then I don't always make the best choices. We also meet up with friends which generally involves killing a couple of bottles of wine or having some cocktails. Trying to set a limit of 1-2 glasses just doesn't always work out... So now I'm bloated, my stomach is making funny gurgling noises, I can't sleep, also am feeling like I'm having some hot flashes, and am currently self-pitying. I brought this on myself and this is the first time since going primal that cheating has physically (and also somewhat mentally) affected me . It probably has a lot to do with me being so good the entire week and then shocking the system. Did I avoid stupid mistakes today? Absolutely not. Haven't had stomach pains or bloating since going primal, so this is a clear sign that what I fed my body today was not very clean.

I'm gonna stop the ramble now and pick up my primal pieces tomorrow and put them back together. Grains will be launched to the moon.

Anna...boy I am so feeling your pain, literally!! lol I'm still "working off" eating at a Chinese buffet I don't usually eat at this past Friday. Haven't eaten there since going Primal. And I won't be eating there again!! My MIL will just have to choose another place if we don't go to our usual one. I have to take her to town every Friday...so we always eat lunch out...& there's only a few places that she wants to go to!

It is also easier for me during the week to stay primally focused. On the weekends I have to cook 3 meals a day for hubby, & since he's not on board the primal bandwagon it is a bit of a challenge for me. I do the best I can & try to incorporate my food into the equation somehow.

tomorrow is a new day!! have a good evening!!

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast