Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: This year is all about my body and my health! page 6

Shop Now
    Anna, what a great breakfast! I have Bulletproof Coffee almost every morning (then again, I invented it...)

Since weight loss is your goal (a familiar one - I've kept my 100 extra pounds off for more than a decade) you can speed things up and boost energy by adding MCT oil to the Bulletproof Coffee like I recommend in the page about coffee. It tastes even better, but the difference in fat loss and energy is the best part of that change. Also, be very sure to get coffee that doesn't contain inflammatory fat-enhancing molds (91.7% of this year's crop in S. America has mold toxins in it). There are instructions for finding it in your city here or I've created a specially processed coffee that avoids those toxins at every step of creation.

The other thing to look at is fried food. People like Atkins recommend pork rinds but the truth is that they are usually not pastured, and even if they are, the fat and protein is pretty much destroyed by the frying. Fried stuff causes inflammation. Since you are dealing with brain fog (another old friend of mine, one I don't miss...) you are even more susceptible to the effects of oxidized oils. A better choice might be a soft boiled egg, a hunk of butter with salt on a small rice cracker, or a scoop of grass-fed whey concentrate. (yes that's controversial in paleo circles, but well known and understood to help weight and muscle and immune function everywhere else.) Another major hint for brain fog is to look at adrenal function and to take some adrenal glandulars as a supplement. (those are paleo; they come from animal organs).

Finally, to get some vegies in, there is a way that is thoroughly enjoyable, even for kids. The recipe will be up shortly on the recipes section of my blog, but in the meantime, here's the trick. Steam some vegies in little water until it's nearly dry. Pour vegies in blender. Add a big hunk (4 or more Tbs) of grass fed butter and (optional) some MCT or coconut oil. Add salt, a lot of it. Then puree. It makes "creamed" vegetables that are shockingly filling and delicious. Even kids eat these on purpose.

Good luck. Losing 100 pounds is transformative; it turns your brain on in a different way. Keep up the good fight. And consider adding Bulletproof Intermittent Fasting to your regimen. One of my clients just lost 75 lbs in 75 days in part using that protocol.

anna-banana is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bulletproofexec View Post
    Anna, what a great breakfast! I have Bulletproof Coffee almost every morning (then again, I invented it...)

Since weight loss is your goal (a familiar one - I've kept my 100 extra pounds off for more than a decade) you can speed things up and boost energy by adding MCT oil to the Bulletproof Coffee like I recommend in the page about coffee. It tastes even better, but the difference in fat loss and energy is the best part of that change. Also, be very sure to get coffee that doesn't contain inflammatory fat-enhancing molds (91.7% of this year's crop in S. America has mold toxins in it). There are instructions for finding it in your city here or I've created a specially processed coffee that avoids those toxins at every step of creation.

The other thing to look at is fried food. People like Atkins recommend pork rinds but the truth is that they are usually not pastured, and even if they are, the fat and protein is pretty much destroyed by the frying. Fried stuff causes inflammation. Since you are dealing with brain fog (another old friend of mine, one I don't miss...) you are even more susceptible to the effects of oxidized oils. A better choice might be a soft boiled egg, a hunk of butter with salt on a small rice cracker, or a scoop of grass-fed whey concentrate. (yes that's controversial in paleo circles, but well known and understood to help weight and muscle and immune function everywhere else.) Another major hint for brain fog is to look at adrenal function and to take some adrenal glandulars as a supplement. (those are paleo; they come from animal organs).

Finally, to get some vegies in, there is a way that is thoroughly enjoyable, even for kids. The recipe will be up shortly on the recipes section of my blog, but in the meantime, here's the trick. Steam some vegies in little water until it's nearly dry. Pour vegies in blender. Add a big hunk (4 or more Tbs) of grass fed butter and (optional) some MCT or coconut oil. Add salt, a lot of it. Then puree. It makes "creamed" vegetables that are shockingly filling and delicious. Even kids eat these on purpose.

Good luck. Losing 100 pounds is transformative; it turns your brain on in a different way. Keep up the good fight. And consider adding Bulletproof Intermittent Fasting to your regimen. One of my clients just lost 75 lbs in 75 days in part using that protocol.
    Hi bulletproofexec, you actually responded to my fellow blogger charlie's post on my blog. He's the one that had bulletproof coffee and is not a fan of veggies, I actually love them and eat them all day :-) My goal is to lose about 15 pounds of fat and get leaner muscles built.

Anyway, I'll check out your bulletproof coffee at some point when I have a coffee craving - I generally only drink about one latte per week as I am not a huge caffeine person.
    25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

Charlie, too bad that you didn't like the brussels sprouts, keep trying various veggies and preparing them in different ways until you find something you like!

My hike was wonderful in the California sun, so I got some slow moving and sun in all at once. We stocked up on protein, veggies, and fruit yesterday - got some wonderful cherries, kiwis, pears, asparagus, artichokes (gonna dip them in yummy garlic aioli) and some pork tenderloin, chicken breasts, and shrimp.

Going out to dinner tonight with some girlfriends and I picked a local place that only uses organic produce and grass fed meat, so I am excited to pig out without feeling bad :-) Happy Sunday everyone!
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    yummmm Anna!! Those steaks sound delish!!! I may have to try that!!

great job on your eating & the hike!!!
    Have a wonderful evening!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by theprimalcajun View Post
    yummmm Anna!! Those steaks sound delish!!! I may have to try that!!
    Here is the link for the steak recipe: Steak au Poivre Recipe : Alton Brown : Food Network
    We used sour cream instead of heavy whipping cream so we didn't have to boil it (since it's already thick) and just warmed it through. We altered the dish by adding the sauteed onions and mushrooms on top to get our veggie fix in - enjoy!

My dinner was night with the girls was fabulous. I had about 2 glasses of sustainable red wine (Kunde Cabernet Sauvignon - very good). As for food, I couldn't resist ordering the special of the day - goat three ways. The bottom layer of the dish was brown rice (yes, I cheated a bit last night) with pineapple and lots of yummy seasonings with pulled goat meat. Resting on top of that delicious pulled goat rice mix were a few pieces of slices goat tenderloin - medium rare and fantastic! The dish was topped off with two crispy flautas filled with goat meat. I pulled the goat meat out of the flautas and tried just one bite of the flauta itself - it tasted like cardboard to me (my girlfriends thought it was delicious, but they're on the carb band wagon, so I guess I'm just losing my appetite for grainy stuff).

This restaurant was an awesome discovery, they use organic, grass-fed and local products as much as possible. Even half of their wine list is either organic or sustainable. Definitely making this my primal eating-out spot when I don't want to cook!

Cave Woman is offline Senior Member
    What a fabulous girlfriends' night out! How fun to have such adventurous Primal eating opportunities! When people ask what I eat, they think my answer is going to be bland and sparse. When they hear what I actually eat, how much weight I have lost, and that I'm never hungry, they are flabbergasted. No one is yet ready to try it themselves. Your girlfriends will see your progress and start asking you more. They may or may not join you, but they will certainly be impressed by your progress.
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122
    Goal weight 115? 120? I'll know when I get there.

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

I agree, Cave Woman. Most of my friends have noticed my increased energy levels and that I look a little skinnier (YAAAAAAY!!!), however they keep thinking that it's this torturous diet without carbs. I always take my time explaining to them that it is more of a lifestyle than a diet and that I have been presented with believable research which undermines the "greatness" of grains and its by products. When I tell them that I eat a s%*t ton of bacon, nuts and other healthy fats and am losing 1 lb per week comfortably, their jaws drop - haha. A couple of them have shown interest in what I am doing so I sent them a link to this site.

I just had two soft boiled eggs for breakfast and a few macadamia nuts. For lunch I made a massive salad consisting of spinach and mixed greens, cocktail tomatoes, red bell pepper, cucumber, 1 chopped boiled egg, deli turkey breast, and some crumbled feta. 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar and a tsp of dijon mustard all mixed together went over my mound of primalness and it was yummy! I then went for a 45-minute fast paced walk around the neighborhood and had a cup of butternut squash and apple soup afterwards.

For dinner my bf will be grilling up chicken breasts and I'll be steaming artichokes and serving them with garlic aioli.

Oh, and I totally walked by the dark chocolate in the supermarket today although I have none left at home. The cravings for sweet stuff seem to subside.

Bamboozel is offline Senior Member
    Im the same as you Anna - my sweet cravings are pretty much gone and I really notice the sweetness in dishes that are savory - like pumpkin soup, cherry tomatoes and carrots. Pretty awesome. However, I keep thinking about making a dessert up with cocoa, banana and avocado after I saw a recipe (apparently it turns out like a mousse!) *sigh* I should be good though and just avoid it as I am scared it will give me both a headache and trigger more sweet cravings which I do not want.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Anna what a great night out with the girls & a great place to eat to boot!! We have nuttin' like that in my neck of the woods!!

I agree most folks just don't understand, because we've been brainwashed into thinking that "dieting" = suffering, deprivation, yukky food. Most people give me the "oh you poor thing" look when the subject of diet comes up. Ha!! Don't feel sorry for me chickie!! I eat great food! And its good for my body!!! And I feel fandamntastic!! So there!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast