Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: This year is all about my body and my health! page 5

anna-banana is offline Senior Member
    Charlie, that recipe does look scrumptious! I will put the ingredients on my shopping list for February (still using up inventory from my last sprees lol).

First day sans alcohol yesterday was good, slept really well through the night without waking up a single time, so that's a success! I guess even a glass of wine with dinner makes a difference in my sleep. I went for a quick 35-minute walk in my VFFs last night after work and then we cooked up some turkey burgers topped with mozzarella, tomatoes, bacon, and some jalapeno yogurt. We made two burger patties per person, but I was stuffed after one and a half, so my bf played garbage disposal - haha.

I made a mushroom shallot scramble this morning with 4 egg yolks that I had left over (used the whites on Sunday). Only using yolks makes for a kind of dry and weird texture in the scramble - not a fan, but it was worth a try and I didn't waste and food...

Alright, time to go to work! More blabbering later!
    25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

Bamboozel is offline Senior Member
    Jalapeno yoghurt....is this just greek-style yoghurt mixed with some jalapenos? MMM sounds awesome! I pickled some jalapenos a while ago and have a few jars in my cupboard - boy they are freaking hot though! Normally I power through chilli's (thats what living in Thailand does to you haha) but those babies are insane. Tears! I get tears when I eat them! yum!

I see that you have dropped 3 pounds Anna - great work. I really should get to a scale and check my weight...whoops! I havent even checked my starting weight.

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member

Ugh! Failed (not really, just temporary)

Hi Anna!
    I had Japanese lunch today with a good friend. We had the chicken teriyaki (way too sweet, sugar city), tempura shrimp, broccoli, sweet potato, asparagus, rice, california rolls. I had a crash at about 5PM. I could barely keep my eyes open. That hasn't happened in 3 weeks! I used to get an afternoon sugar/(grain?) crash almost daily.

Still full from the Japanese food (fewd!) so I'll be paleo tomorrow.

Have a good one.
    -C
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

LexxyV86 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cave Woman View Post
    Nothing wrong with that!!
    I am definitely a cheap date lol

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

LexxyV86 is offline Senior Member
    anna-banana lovin the primal journal

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Bamboozel:
    Thanks, it's actually been 5 pounds. I feel like it could have been a lot more if I didn't cheat here and there and if I drank less alcohol. I just love my wine too much with my dinner at the end of a long work day... *sigh* it's one of the long-term goals that i am working on. At least I've pretty much ditched all hard liquor and stick to red wine most of the time. As for the jalapeno yoghurt: it is actually a finished product that a supermarket here in California carries. I dip veggies into it, smear it on burger patties and use it instead of ketchup for sausages. It makes everything better - haha! The ingredient list: strained greek yogurt with probiotic live cultures (cow's and goat's milk), onions, jalapenos, garlic, onions, tomatoes, paprika. I'm sure you could whip it up at home and it will be amazing!

Charlie:
    I feel you. I was up in San Francisco for meetings today with my boss and our quick lunch break permitted us to only head into a nearby deli/coffee house. They had tons of salads - but all with pasta in them as the main ingredient... argh! Then they had sandwiches and pastries. So I got a grilled chicken breast sandwich and only ate about 1/2 of the bread and just kind of picked the chicken out. Nonetheless, the grains in the bread made me super sluggish in the afternoon, something that I haven't had in weeks since I've been eating primal lunches. I went home feeling yucky and rather than just eating the dinner (stuffed portobello mushrooms and some ribs) that my boyfriend cooked up, I followed that with a handful of saltwater taffy. How did I think that that was going to make me feel any better? UGH! Oh well, tomorrow is a new day to try no to be stupid ;-)

Lexxy:
    Thanks for reading, I'm glad you're enjoying my rambling! Do you keep a journal? I'll check it out if you give me the link :-)

Alright fellow primals, time to hit the hay and get that beauty sleep in. It's almost the weekend and I need it badly! Going for a 2-hour hike on Saturday morning with a girlfriend and planning on sorting through the cluttered storage room and cleaning it up - that should get me to break a sweat and lift some heavy things!
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

I had a delicious 3-egg omelet for breakfast with turkey bacon, mushrooms, red bell pepper and shallots. Finally switched over to organic eggs for higher omega-3 count. Yes, they are more expensive, but I'm already saving money by no longer buying ice cream and other desserts. Happy chicken = happy Anna banana!

I had a work meeting around lunch time and they actually offered me the cafeteria food for free. So I piled up 50% of my plate with mixed greens salad and had some steamed asparagus/butternut squash/carrot veggie medley and one medium sized of pork cutlet topped with mushroom spinach corn cream sauce. I ignored the buttery spaghetti and the breaded chicken topped with tomato sauce. So except for the few pieces of corn in the sauce I was able to eat all primal in that cafeteria - yay!

Just had a handful of macadamia nuts to hold me over until dinner and we will be grilling steaks tonight and have caprese as a side dish. Before that we will bike downtown (2.5 miles from our place which will make it 5 miles total) for a drink with friends. Yes, I'm going to try to stick with one glass of red wine and then not have anything with dinner. Wish me luck, or better yet, will power! :-)

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    yay for you Anna!! Hope you had a great evening with friends & only one glass of wine!!

Your omelet sounds amazing! I will have to make me one soon!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Thanks primalcajun! We actually ate our steaks at home first: seared in the pan over high heat in butter and olive oil mix, removed steaks to plate, then flambeed some cognac in the pan and added some sour cream to make a delicious sauce; added the steaks back to the pan with the sauce and topped with caramelized onions and mushrooms. I only had one drink with our drinks later that evening, but it was a mix of primal and non-primal ingredients. Gin with egg white, pisco sour, some sort of syrup and grapefruit juice. So I had some sugar, but I stuck to only one.

Off to hike with a girlfriend now for about 1.5-2 hours - the weather is beautiful and I'm excited!

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good for you Anna!
    I hope that hike worked for you!

I had a Bulletproof Coffee this morning, and a couple of big pork rinds and that was pretty much it all day. I just didn't feel hungry after that AWESOME coffee (full of lovely butter fat)! I walked hard for about 30 minutes, while my daughter kept up on her scooter (OK, I was nowhere close to catching her).
    Tomorrow, I'll likely get up early and walk for an hour, Then I'll make bacon and scrambled eggs for my family. I'll throw in some asparagus that I picked up tonight at Sam's Club. The kids will protest, but wife should be good with it. I made Brussels sprouts like you did, but I didn't like them one bit. Bleah. I gotta get some vegetables IN me!
    Good luck to us all!
    -C
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast