Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: This year is all about my body and my health! page 4

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by anna-banana View Post
    No more beer for me, I'll stick to my red wine from now on!
    Oh Daing! No more beer. None for me too. We will be okay.
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Bamboozel is offline Senior Member
    Im interested in those shoes you got anna-banana! how are they going for you? would you recommend? I had a friend let me wear her pair a while ago and they seemed pretty awesome. Quite an investment (well for me earning not much!) so I want to make sure they are awesome do u have a link to the pair you got??

Cave Woman is offline Senior Member
    I found another pair of VFFs on Ebay - brand new and great price. I got a size larger, as the ones I have put too much pressure on my little toes. My feet are very squared off - my siblings always told me I had "Fred Flintstone" feet. Perfect for this Cave Woman! The new VFFs have the 4mm sole and better traction. I'm looking forward to trying them once the snow is gone from our rocky, uneven, often muddy trails. That should be sometime in April or May.

I look forward to hearing how they are working for you.
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122
    Goal weight 115? 120? I'll know when I get there.

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

anna-banana is offline Senior Member
    Hi bamboozel, so far I love them! I've been taking them on daily 20-30 minute walks to get my feet used to the "barefoot" feeling. I can definitely feel more muscles being used and it seems as if my posture corrects itself instantly when I walk in them! Here's the link to the ones I got - they are a mix between the just regular day-to-day use and the hardcore hiking ones. Perfect for my walks in the park on pavement as well as manmade wood trails that I often hike on. I got them at an online outlet store for $55 instead of $85 (USD).
    Vibram FiveFingers KSO Multisport Shoes - Women's - 2011 Overstock - Free Shipping at REI-OUTLET.com

Cave Woman - I love them! I am thinking about getting another thicker soled pair in a few months for the "crazier" hikes that I do (3-6 hours in the wild). The KSOs that I got work perfectly for my regular walks and light hikes.
    25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

Yesterday was a bit of a cheating and indulgence day.
    B: breakfast sandwich made up of two thin slices of the grain-free bread I baked a few days ago (The Best Grain-Free Gluten-Free Sandwich Bread (In the history of man) | Life As A Plate), herbed roasted turkey breast, avocado, and a sliced boiled egg. No cheating yet

We drove to Half Moon Bay and did a 1-hour walk on the beach, my glutes are feeling it today! The weather was beautiful and I got plenty of sun

L: We then had lunch at the Half Moon Bay Brewing Company. Mango salsa, shrimp & bass ceviche, and ahi tuna poke as an appetizer. Had a couple of the won ton chips with the tuna...Also tried two of the fried beer battered artichoke hearts that my boyfriend ordered. They were delicious, but I didn't feel the need to keep eating them so that was good. I had their sample beer tasting which amounted to approx. 30 oz. of local brews - very yummy and not very primal lol. But then again Mark also enjoys a beer here and there. We then split the seafood stew, which was amazing! The stock was so terrific that I did have to dip the slice of garlic bread in it

D: We picked up a 4.4lb Maine lobster at one of the local fish stores and boiled it and dipped it in grass-fed melted butter that I infused with garlic and cayenne pepper. Heaven! We enjoyed that with a bottle of Albarino wine. For desert I then indulged in a few of the local saltwater taffys that we couldn't resist buying.

It was a primal fail day, but I'm glad I moved a lot and I will make up for it today! For breakfast I made us slowly scrambled eggs with pancetta and green onions (the pancetta fat replaced any need for butter) and some green tea. Lunch/dinner (we are eating one large meal around 4pm) will be crabs that we also picked up yesterday, grilled tri tip steak and BBQ oysters. It's a feast while we watch our 49ers play the NY Giants! And no, all that food isn't just for us, we have a couple of friends coming over

GO 9ers!!!!!
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

So I ended up drinking too much alcohol yesterday (for primal standards anyway - haha) with the football game. Definitely felt the effects this morning - *very sluggish Monday for the Banana*. My alcohol tolerance has gone down. That's not necessarily a bad thing, I'll just be a cheap date from now on
    I drank some cold green tea and them some hot peppermint tea at work which straightened me out a bit. Nonetheless, I'm now entering a 2-week alcohol abstinence - until Superbowl Sunday. And then again after that. The weight must go, hence the liquor cabinet and the wine fridge will be locked up!

Ever since I have started following PB, I look for great meat deals all the time and consequently our fridge is blowing out the seams. It's perfect since I always have healthy primal options available and I think that variety and plenty of options will keep you motivated. However, it's time to empty this fridge out, so no more grocery shopping (except for fresh produce) until the end of January. That's a week for me and my man to eat through our inventory. HAPPY MUNCHING TO ME!!

It was raining cats and dogs yesterday, so I didn't leave the house. However, I did a couple of sets of push-ups and squats and I can feel my thighs today. I should be making the primal movements a daily thing until I reach the next level. After all, it only takes about 10-15 minutes and I can even do them while I watch my trash TV!

B: two soft boiled eggs, 2 strips turkey bacon, cold green tea, small fuji apple

L: large salad consisting of mixed greens, shredded carrots, canned tuna, steamed broccoli and cauliflower, 1/2 chopped boiled egg, sliced mushrooms, radishes and sunflower seeds topped with gluten free ranch

S: small fuji apple

D: Whatever looks most appealing in the fridge - potentially turkey burgers wrapped in lettuce or chicken meatballs and a side salad or a caesar salad topped with cajun spiced shrimp or everything 'cause my mouth just started watering - *drooling on work laptop is not a good thing*

Cave Woman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anna-banana View Post
    I'll just be a cheap date from now on
    Nothing wrong with that!!
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122
    Goal weight 115? 120? I'll know when I get there.

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Hi Anna...finished reading your journal this morning! Is the blog Life is a Plate yours? If so you got some great recipes there! I'm still wandering thru them & printing some off!!!

Good luck on your primal journey!! I'm subscribing to your journal so I will always be able to find it!!! Cave Woman had to find it for me last night!! lol
    have a good night!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member

Hi Friend-Girl

Hi Anna!
    I got a recipe that looks *awesome*!
    I'm going to try it this week.

Czech this out...
    latest-in-paleo-pho-recipe-vietnamese-beef-soup

Full of lovely beef-fat and fatty marrow. Mmm!
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Quote Originally Posted by theprimalcajun View Post
    Hi Anna...finished reading your journal this morning! Is the blog Life is a Plate yours? If so you got some great recipes there! I'm still wandering thru them & printing some off!!!
    Hi primalcajun! The blog is not mine, but I love it and have been cooking things off of the site since becoming primal. Great stuff! I will check your journal out later (meant to do it last night, but got busy). Good luck on your journey, too :-)

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast