Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: This year is all about my body and my health! page 3

Cave Woman is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    They are so fun! You will love them! But don't wear them for too long at a time at first. Your little tootsies need to get used to them. And watch out for rocks!
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122
    Goal weight 115? 120? I'll know when I get there.

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

anna-banana is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I read that they take some getting used to. I'll start off by using them for my 30-minute walks around the neighborhood and then slowly transition them to my hikes in the forests. Can't wait for them to arrive and to use all my foot muscles as they were intended to!
    25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

I ended up eating Mac& Cheese last night, so that was a fail... We went out for a nice light sushi dinner and then afterwards headed into one of our favorite restaurant lounges for a cocktail. We know the head chef there and he ended up brining over this delicious pot of truffled mac & cheese - I just couldn't refrain. Funnily enough, the sushi I had earlier was way tastier and after eating the mac&cheese, I didn't get the same fulfillment and joy that I get from my primal dinners. Looks like I might not be tempted next time. Also had 3 beers today with football, but all the food was grain free and sugar free (and nothing was processed).

Tomorrow I will go for a hike in the morning and enjoy the sun while it lasts, it's supposed to start raining in NorCal on Wednesday.
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Whaaa?
    You actually bought those crazy looking shoes?
    LOL, Just kidding!
    I'm really,REALLY JEALOUS!!!!
    -C

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anna-banana View Post
    Just bought Vibram FiveFingers KSO shoes online for my outdoor hikes and walks. Can't wait for them to get here next week!!!
    I love my VFFs!
    I have Classics, KSOs, and sprints LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo Charlie View Post
    Whaaa?
    You actually bought those crazy looking shoes?
    LOL, Just kidding!
    I'm really,REALLY JEALOUS!!!!
    -C
    Haha, I know!!! They are funny looking and me being vein almost stopped me from getting them. BUT...they arrived tonight and I've squished my toesies into them and I have to say - walking feels very different! My posture seems to straighten itself right out - must be a relief for my body since i wear heels to work pretty much every day!
    Can't wait to take them for their first walk in the park tomorrow. I'll start with 20-30 minutes so that my feet can get used to it. EXCITING!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I love my VFFs!
    I have Classics, KSOs, and sprints LOL
    I am excited! I haven't seen a single person complain about them. I'll probably end up buying different pairs as well to accommodate my regular neighborhood walks as well as paved hikes and unpaved ones!

Alright, I tried my VFF shoes today! Went for a 30-minute walk through the park. My posture seems really good in the shoes and my feet definitely felt some different muscles working after a few minutes. It is interesting how much more you can feel the texture of the ground that you are walking on. I was kind of oblivious to that in my sneakers.

I've been making 2 soft boiled eggs for breakfast and two strips of turkey bacon. It fills me up perfectly until lunch time without needing to snack. And dipping the turkey strips into the soft yolk is delicious! I just stir fried some veggies up for lunch (brussels sprouts, zucchini, and brown mushrooms) in coconut oil and as a side I had some chicken meatballs from CostCo. I know they are somewhat processed, but sometimes I don't have time to make these kinds of things from scratch and at least I'm sticking with no grains or added sugar. Tonight will be steak and a side salad.

Ended up having grilled lamb loin chops marinated in olive oil and garlic instead of the steak last night - my boyfriend is a grill master!!! They were delicious. I made some tomatoes topped with mozzarella for the side dish. Yesterday was the PERFECT day (in my opinion) calorie and protein/fat/carbs wise for me. I ended up at around 1,550 calories (99 grams protein, 104g fat, 56g carbs) in food. I also had 2 glasses of red wine with dinner. This perfect day made me very proud and happy and gave me a total boost of motivation to continue like this.

Breakfast today was the steak - I ate half of it with 2 scrambled eggs (with butter added) and took half of it to work for lunch along with a raw bell pepper and an apple and a handful of macadamia nuts.
    I'm meeting some friends at a sports pub after work and my plan is to only have 2 glasses of wine max and no food there - we are cooking dinner at home later.

The rain is about to start here, which is bumming me out since I just got my VFFs... hopefully there'll be a break on Saturday during the day so I can go on a mini hike (paved path since the woods will probably be too muddy).

I skipped dinner last night - and guess what - I survived! My late lunch was around 1.30pm and then I went out for a couple of drinks after work with friends and kind of just forgot about food. Went to bed at 10pm thinking "oops, I didn't eat dinner...oh well". So overall I had a food break for 19 hours (having had breakfast at 8.30am this morning). Good stuff - I will start testing out IF more often to get the weight down faster!

So I had beer last night and then when I went to bed I noticed some pimples around my chin and cheek area. I never get pimples!! So I am thinking that was my body's reaction to the grain and yeast in the beer - trying to squeeze it out of my body as fast as possible No more beer for me, I'll stick to my red wine from now on!

I'm going to be working on my primal movements tonight and go for an after-dinner walk if it stops raining for a little while. Have a great weekend everyone!

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast