Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: This year is all about my body and my health! page 17

anna-banana is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Charlie, it was so big that I didn't need breakfast this morning

Today:
    B - just a small latte
    L - big ass salad (mixed greens, mushrooms, grilled asparagus, broccoli, grilled chicken breast, radishes, chopped boiled egg, sunflower seeds, balsamic vinaigrette)
    D - another massive grilled rib eye steak and one medium steamed artichoke with garlic aioli; 1/2 glass white wine

I went for a 30-minute walk after lunch in the sunshine - it was so much easier to focus again in the afternoon at work after clearing my head a little during my walk.
    After dinner tonight my boyfriend and I rode our comfort bikes to downtown (15 minutes each way for 30 minutes total riding) and walked around downtown for 40 minutes while slurping a scoop of ice cream.

All the walking right after eating makes me feel great! The mild warm weather also makes it nice to go outside after dinner rather than just hunkering down on the couch.
    25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
    Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

I had an unlucky bike accident the evening before leaving for my Orlando work trip and messed my ribs up pretty badly along with lots of open wounds, scrapes and bruises on my knees, legs, shoulders, and hands. The work trip was hence miserable and I was not able to exercise until today. The frustration of that and the physical pain and the crappy food in Orlando made for a 3-lb gain thanks to lots of grain-filled meals and wine and more wine.

I am back on track as of yesterday and happy to be home, healed, and looking forward to living primal again and dropping those pounds. This morning I did 2.7 miles on the stair master (30 minutes) and then walked the neighborhood just now for 45 minutes in the sunshine with my boyfriend.

Food today
    B - 2 hard boiled eggs, handful of fresh cherries, small nectarine
    L - grilled bone-in pork shoulder chop; cucumber and tomato salad with feta cheese, olive oil, and fresh dill
    D - we are going to be grilling up New York steaks and I will steam artichokes and make garlic aioli

Glad to be back on here!
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Whoa! I'm sorry to hear about your accident, Anna-banana, and glad you are back.

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    MAN!
    Anna-Girl, I'm sorry you got hurt too! Get well soon!
    I was worried about you, since you haven't been on in awhile!
    Feel better and get ripped!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Thanks, Sabine and Charlie for your kind words! I'm glad it wasn't worse and the injuries were mostly superficial and have healed by now (minus a lump of scar tissue right below my ribs where the bike handle jammed in

I've been eating very well this last week - lots of grilled meats with veggies or salads on the side. Plenty of eggs and bacon in the morning and just a piece or two of dark chocolate as a treat. I haven't had any alcohol since Tuesday (I noticed that I had been drinking too much with all the work trips, holidays, etc.) and feel great. Hopefully this will ramp up the weight loss. I have also been trying to limit my dairy intake (boo no more cheese plates).

My trips to the gym are getting more frequent also - I have noticed that I just do better in the gym than going for walks. Somehow I always weasel my way out of the walks, but am dedicated to hitting the gym if I have planned on it. Whatever works I guess I've been mixing some cardio and strength training.
    Sunday: 30 minutes on the stair master; 15 minutes on the elliptical
    Monday: 2-hour outdoor bike ride on my road bike (25 miles total)
    Tuesday: 20-minute walk in my neighborhood
    Wednesday: 15 minutes on the treadmill at very high incline; 30 minutes weight/strength training
    Thursday: 20 minutes stair master; 20 minutes strength training
    Today: resting besides planking about once every hour to stretch my muscles from sitting at the desk all day

Tonight we are going out to dinner with friends. I picked a spanish place that served lots of grilled fish with veggies, so I am covered on my primal food there. I might be tempted to have one glass of wine with dinner. I am working all day tomorrow, so that will fortunately keep me from having more than one drink.

Have a great weekend everyone!

I had a slight relapse last Saturday and consumed a breakfast pastry in the morning AND a sandwich at lunch... I've been really good since then though. I hit the gym on Sunday for 2 hours, and yesterday I went in the morning for 30 minutes of cardio and then again in the evening for another 20 minutes of cardio and 40 minutes of strength/weight training. I'm sore everywhere and loving it. It's great to feel all my muscles. I was also down 2 lbs this morning since Saturday, so that is a nice plus!

Food yesterday
    B: 2 slices thick-cut bacon, 2 hard boiled eggs
    L: Mixed greens salad with grilled chicken breast, avocado, and pears
    D: 7 oz. sirloin steak wrapped in bacon, grilled zucchini and bell pepper
    Treat: 2 Lindt dark chocolate truffles

Today
    B: 2 soft boiled eggs
    L: 8 chicken meatballs, sliced cucumber and tomatoes topped with olive oil and feta cheese, cup of fresh cherries
    D: not sure yet

Went out for a business dinner last night. I ordered a nice New York Strip Steak that was served with creamed spinach and sautéed asparagus & snow peas. 2 glasses of red wine with that and I was a happy camper!

The scale was happy again with me today and showed another pound down. No exercise yesterday, but that's OK, it was my rest day since I was pretty sore from all my recent exercising. Tonight I will hit the gym again though.

B: 2 soft boiled eggs
    L: same as yesterday - 8 chicken meatballs, cucumber tomato feta salad, fresh cherries
    D: I think I will make a chicken curry tonight served over mashed cauliflower.

Yesterday's Food
    B: handful of macadamia nuts
    L: small bowl of leftover homemade stir fry (italian sausage, broccoli, fresh garlic, bell peppers, leeks)
    D: grilled flank steak topped with some guacamole, cucumber tomato feta salad
    Treat: pomegranate seeds covered in dark chocolate (from Trader Joe's), one glass red wine

I went to the gym with a friend after work yesterday and did 20 minutes of cardio and 45 minutes of weight training. It's been great having a gym buddy - it gets me to commit and not skip out last minute. We will go again together on Sunday.

Today's Food
    B: 2 soft boiled eggs, 2 slices bacon
    L: leftover flank steak and fresh sliced cucumber
    D: we will be grilling the lamb sirloin steaks tonight and I will steam some artichokes.

Wow, I can't believe it's been 3 weeks since I last posted. I've been busy with work and adjusting to working full-time in an office rather than from home and my boyfriend got a full-time job again so the evenings together are now very precious to us
    I was doing great with eliminating all grains for a while and also doing some portion control (cutting out snacking when not even hungry). Then I was PMSing about 2 weeks ago and went on a sugar/carb binge. I ordered pastries to go with my cappuccinos and ate bread out at restaurants, etc. And of course my face broke out in pimples trying to push out all the garbage starch I was feeding my body. There's nothing like a pizza face to get you to stop eating the grains

This past week was good, though, except the occasional glass of red wine (which I don't feel too guilty about though). One bottle of red wine lasted me 5 evenings (thanks to an amazing bottle stopper).
    I've been hitting the gym with my girlfriend 2-3 times a week. We mostly do 1-hour strength/weight training sessions, but I sometimes get some cardio in on the treadmill or Arc trainer. The other day I actually jogged a little bit on the treadmill for the first time in forever. My knee seems to have fully healed from my snowboarding accident last year. It didn't hurt, but I also didn't want to overdo it. I know do 2 intervals of 2 minutes jogging with fast paced walking before, in-between, and after. I want to work my way up slowly to being able to do sprints again. I envy people that have no knee problems, but I know that I'm on my way there! I ordered another pair of VFFs, these ones are low cut on the top, so more a sandal style - they should be great for the summer time walks outside!

Today
    B: one boiled egg; fresh strawberries
    L: grilled chicken breast over mixed greens with pear, gorgonzola, avocado, and tomatoes
    D: 1 hangar steak taco in butter lettuce cup instead of taco shell; charred salmon steak over sauteed spinach and seaweed salad
    Alcohol: 1 glass red wine with dinner
    Exercise: lots of walking around the office and running errands after work and tidying the house

I organized a volunteering event for my company and we are building a playhouse tomorrow that will get donated to a 5-year old girl and her family. I am excited to give back to the community and that should be a good 4-hour work-out, too. After that I am also meeting my friend in the gym.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Hey, Anna-banana! Good to see you again. Glad it has just been busy-ness keeping you away.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast