Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: This year is all about my body and my health! page 16

anna-banana is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thank you, Cave Woman!

I've been busy this past week and haven't posted in a while. Altogether it's been a 80/20 primal week.

B: chicken patty topped with tomato slices and two fried eggs; 2 fish oil capsules, 1 One-A-Day Women's
    L: 2 grilled sausages, sliced tomatoes topped with garlic olive oil, dried basil, and crumbled bleu cheese
    D: going to make cajun shrimp lettuce cups with avocado, tomato, chipotle mayo and fried quail eggs

Going for a long walk in a little while after I finish work. Tomorrow our entrance doors are getting painted so I will have to be home for a while (since they can't be closed until dry) so I will probably just take advantage of the nice weather and lay by the pool.
    25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you must have tomatoes in season there. Mmmm. Can't wait to have a REAL tomato.

Yes, I picked up some amazing tomatoes a couple of days ago and I've been putting them into pretty much every dish. I am really craving them, too. Generally when I crave a food badly for several days, it means that my body is missing a vitamin or mineral present in that food. I know they are high in Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and Lycopene (providing the carotene, especially when cooked), so it might be one of them.

Last night I was just not hungry so I didn't end up making the shrimp lettuce cups. I just had a glass of red wine and 4 small pieces of dark ginger chocolate later in the evening.

Stats for yesterday:
    1221 calories
    58 g protein
    77 g fat
    47 g carbs

My protein count was a little low since I "abandoned" my shrimp dinner, but most days it's in a perfect range, so I'm not too worried about it. Still got a decent amount of fat in me yesterday for fuel and the carbs were kept eat an optimal low.

My boyfriend and I went for a 30-minute walk after work yesterday in the sunshine. Today the painters are coming so I had an early start to tidy the place up a bit.
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Mark's post this morning inspired me and I went for a 30-minute walk around the neighborhood instead of lazing around in bed checking emails on my phone. It felt good to be active and wake up the muscles before sitting at my work desk all day. My target is to hit 4 hours of concious moving this week. By conscious I mean that I will exclude activities such as grocery shopping, walking to my car, etc. Only actual walks/hikes/bike rides/swims will count. Since I only started today and didn't move yesterday, I need to hit 40 minutes per day on average (240 minutes / 6 days). That sounds totally reasonable! For today I only have 10 minutes left... I will knock those out during lunch time by taking a walk.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Oh, no! Another person doing it! Looks like I'm going to have to join in despite myself.
    How did all the painting go?

Yes, Sabine, join the challenge! The painting went smoothly and our doors are looking shiny and new

We went to the Giants baseball game last night and took the train so I got another 15 minutes of walking in from the train station to the stadium and back. That left me at 45 minutes for the day, 5 minutes above my daily average that I need to get to. The food at the stadium didn't end up being all that primal - they sure have few options and everything is with some sort of bread. I ended up eating some clam chowder (minus the bread bowl it came in), 1/2 pulled pork sandwich topped with cole slaw and some garlic fries. I did stop after 2 beers though and I am feeling OK today.

I'm planning on hitting the gym tonight after work - some walking on the treadmill and some weight training.

I'm totally going to fail my walking challenge if I don't shape up over the next 3 days! There was zero moving on Wednesday and yesterday besides going to my car, etc. I am disappointed, but not yet giving up!
    Action plan for the next 3 days
    Today: 80-minute walk/hike (Stanford Dish) after work; this will bring me up to 2 hours walking
    Saturday: 1-hour bike ride or walk; bringing me to 3 hours
    Sunday: 2-hour hike; bringing me above my 4-hour goal to 5 hours walking

I've been pretty good with food. My breakfasts mainly consist of a small apple or a banana. Lunch is usually a big salad or a bowl of soup and a small salad; dinners are protein and veggies. Last night was an exception when I went out to dinner and had a lobster risotto. I felt fine after eating all that rice though.

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Hi Anna!
    Get some walky-walk time in tomorrow, after reading the Sunday paper (if you do that, I dunno...)?
    Hang in there kiddo!
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

This week is crazy busy which is a bummer since the weather is amazing. I am leaving for Orlando for work again on Saturday and there's plenty of other work to finish up before my trip. Staying primal though and trying to squeeze in movement.

Yesterday:
    B - one banana
    L - small salad (mixed greens, mushrooms, cauliflower, grilled chicken); bowl of golden beet soup (only ate half of it, it was too sweet for my taste)
    D - massive rib eye steak and two small portobello mushrooms stuffed with bell pepper, onion, fresh rosemary and goat cheese/parmesan (delicious - see pic at bottom)
    S - couple of slices of prosciutto and goat cheese; 6 strawberries

We went for a 30-minute after dinner walk around the neighborhood and I planked a bunch in front of the TV in the evening. I also did 4 loads of laundry yesterday, which equalled a decent amount of heavy lifting up and down the stairs and moving around while folding and placing everything in the closets.

Today I am hoping to catch some sunshine at lunch time and also get at least a 15-minute walk in after lunch and then a longer one after work tonight.

photo.jpg

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    WOW!
    That's one big ribeye!
    -C
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast