Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: This year is all about my body and my health! page 12

Aliophile is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by anna-banana View Post
    Yesterday's food:
    L: Wok stir-fry - brussels sprouts, asparagus, red bell pepper, brown mushrooms, leeks, one cut-up chicken sausage (all stir-fryed in macadamia oil with a dash of sriracha hot sauce) YUMMY - take a look at the photo below

It's 70+ degrees here in Cali today so I'm off for a gorgeous walk in the sun! Hope you're enjoying your weekend!
    Attachment 6036
    THAT looks delicious! Will make this myself - Nice to connect with another brussel sprout lover. There are TWO of us! ; )
    || 2/28/12 || 5'6" || 144 lbs ||
    My goals: 125 lbs, 27" waist, fat-free, shapely, muscular legs
    AND to be able to do my very first pull up!

anna-banana is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliophile View Post
    THAT looks delicious! Will make this myself - Nice to connect with another brussel sprout lover. There are TWO of us! ; )
    I hated brussels sprouts when I was young - probably because they kept being steamed... One of my friends sauteed them up in lots of butter and sprinkled parmesan on them, which was the first time I ever enjoyed them and from then on I've been a huge fan! My goals is to make everyone love them - haha!
    25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

fiercehunter is offline Banned

Alright, so I'm Orlando, got in last night around midnight. Yesterday for St. Patrick's Day a few friends and I went to a local restaurant/pub before my flight. I ended up having 2 braised beef and cabbage sliders and one whiskey salmon slider. Luckily the buns didn't affect me and I was feeling good after the meal. I also had a couple of guinness battered onion rings. Definitely not a very primal meal, but I didn't eat breakfast in the morning, so it didn't stuff me too much. On the plane I ordered a cheese and dried fruit plate since everything else had grains in it. That was my dinner, so overall the amount of food for the day was OK.

Today I woke up and wasn't hungry so I went to set up the our exhibitor booth on the convention show floor. 2 hours and a decent amount of sweat later everything was standing and I had a decent work out. I then headed to the pool bar to get some food. I ordered the most primal dish on the menu - fresh dungeness crab meat served on a thick slice of watermelon and drizzled with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar. It was so delicious and refreshing! That was around 3pm and I then laid out by the pool in the 80-degree sun for 2 hours and also went for a 10-minute swim in the pool.

Now I'm back in my hotel room and just completed 3 sets of 10 pushups. Next are some squats and then finishing up with lunges. After that I'll head to the steakhouse in the resort for some dinner.

So far my work trip is way more primal in terms of food and exercising than I am at home - haha! Hoping to continue this while I'm here for the next three days!
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

theprimalcajun is online now Senior Member
    Wow! Staying primal while on a mini 'vacation'!! Awesome! Hope you have a great time!!

and don't work too hard!! *wink wink*
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Well, my work trip started primal, but didn't end that way. Lots of client & partner dinners with pre-selected 4+ course menus and the wine glasses kept being refilled....ugh! I came home last night and I weighed myself this morning and was up by 3 lbs. Not happy about that at all!

It depressed me so much that I'm going to be very strict starting today. For breakfast I only had green tea and I will eat a small protein packed salad for lunch. Tonight I will make cajun spiced shrimp over caesar salad.

My skin was definitely affected by the non-primal foods and the excess alcohol (the long plane rides also didn't help). I also noticed a reduction in my energy, so it's definitely time to ramp it up. I'm planning on hitting the gym tonight for some walking on the treadmill as well as some strength training. I think that building up muscles will help me burn fat faster and hence lose weight quicker!

Yesterday's food:

B: nothing, just green tea
    L: small salad - mixed greens, asparagus, carrots, mushrooms, boiled egg, grilled chicken breast, balsamic vinaigrette
    D: deviled egg dip and some guacamole with a couple of chips; seared ahi tuna over lettuce with mango and avocado; a few bites of a french dip sandwich

We celebrated that I got a promotion at work yesterday, so I didn't end up going to the gym. I'm working from home today though so I'll be going there after lunch. I'm also heading out now for a 20-minute walk in my VFFs since the sun is out for once!

Breakfast today: chicken patty topped with swiss cheese, avocado, two slices turkey bacon and two eggs fried in leftover bacon fat
    That should hold me over until dinner. If not, there are plenty of macadamias in my pantry!

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up Good For You!

Quote Originally Posted by anna-banana View Post
    Yesterday's food:

B: nothing, just green tea
    L: small salad - mixed greens, asparagus, carrots, mushrooms, boiled egg, grilled chicken breast, balsamic vinaigrette
    D: deviled egg dip and some guacamole with a couple of chips; seared ahi tuna over lettuce with mango and avocado; a few bites of a french dip sandwich

We celebrated that I got a promotion at work yesterday, so I didn't end up going to the gym. I'm working from home today though so I'll be going there after lunch. I'm also heading out now for a 20-minute walk in my VFFs since the sun is out for once!

Breakfast today: chicken patty topped with swiss cheese, avocado, two slices turkey bacon and two eggs fried in leftover bacon fat
    That should hold me over until dinner. If not, there are plenty of macadamias in my pantry!
    Anna, I'm proud of you!
    I know just how the work dinners with clients can destroy what you're trying to do, and I'm proud of the fact that you are getting back to it!
    I think today I'll do the patty-avocado thing you did. My sister-in-law gave us some unripe avocadoes from her tree a few weeks ago and they're finally ready to eat! MMMM! Nothing better! I need to get a walk in before it rains again tomorrow.
    Oh! BTW, Congratulations on your promotion!
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Thanks, Charlie! Client dinners (and dining out in general) are a tough one, especially when the menu is set. Usually I can get by with selecting fish or steak from the menu and having a salad as an appetizer, but the pre-set menus are often a primal killer!

Yesterday I skipped lunch and just had a couple of tangerines, a few macadamias, and some chestnuts (they carry them at CostCo now pre-peeled). For dinner we made grilled baby bella mushrooms stuffed with some feta cheese and fresh rosemary, grilled asparagus and red bell peppers that we drizzled with garlic olive oil afterwards and I made my staple chicken drumsticks wrapped in bacon.

We filled the fridge to the brim yesterday with primal foods, so lots of home cooking coming up in the next few days. I'm tired of eating out and oftentimes our food at home tastes much better anyway.

I went to the gym this morning and walked at a steep incline on the treadmill for 35 minutes and then did a 15-minute strength training session. It felt good to do something for my body again! Now I just need to muster up the courage to wear my VFFs to the gym and endure the staring - haha

Meals so far today:
    B - 1/4 of the frittata I made (whole frittata consisted of 6 large organic eggs, 1 stalk leeks, 1 package pancetta cubes, 1/2 diced red bell pepper and 2 slices pepper jack)
    L - another 1/4 of the frittata (my boyfriend had the other 1/2)

Time to relax on the couch now in front of the TV while listening to the rain outside. Happy weekend everyone!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Hi Anna-banana! Enjoyed reading through your journal. Your meals sound amazing, and I'm impressed with all the exercise you do.
    I grew up in Palo Alto, so the local references are fun for me. Yay for walking at Half Moon Bay!
    Looking forward to following your progress, especially as your starting weight is close to my goal weight, and your goal is my 'in-your-dreams' fantasy.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast