Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: This year is all about my body and my health! page 11

anna-banana is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm a huge fan of "burger salads" I've even been ordering regular burgers at places and just remove the bun. As long as there's some grilled onions, avocado, and some egg on it I'm in heaven! I also don't feel as stuffed and lethargic as I used to in my bun-eating days.

This morning I was actually hungry so I made a chicken patty topped with a slice of turkey bacon and two fried eggs. It is now almost 12.30m and I'm not hungry for lunch yet. The cafeteria closes at 2pm so I'll have to grab something before then - could even take it to go and consume it at my desk later.

It's pretty miserable outside but I'm once again crossing my fingers that it's not pouring down at 4pm so I can take a walk after work. I'm definitely sore from my pushups and planks on Monday. Will try to do more reps tonight and also get those squats in.

Have a good day everyone!
    Last edited by anna-banana; 02-29-2012 at 12:26 PM.
    25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

Paleo Charlie is offline Senior Member
    Hi Anna!
    Yeah, those planks definitely get the soreness happening! I did my first ones on Tuesday and have been feeling it since.
    Whoo hoo! I get to do some today too!
    Cheers!
    48, 5'11" - SW 301 (01/08/12) - CW 217.5 (5/14/13) - GW 185 +2.6% this week. -27.7% total. -83.5 lbs. (so far!)

"Today when you mention "barbeque" people will think about throwing a hotdog or a couple burgers on the grill. But if you invite me to a "barbeque" and there's not some sort of slow-smoked meat involved, I'll hope you step on a Lego." - Instructables.com member Javin007

Here's a linkback to my beginning in the Primal Blueprint

Hello fellow primals,

Yesterday I had tilapia fillet and steamed green beans and colored cauliflower for lunch (my work cafeteria keeps getting more and more primal - well, at least they have substitutes for the rice, pasta, and potato sides). I went grocery shopping at about 3 different places, so walked around slowly for about 1.5 hours while filling the carts with fruit, veggies, meat, and cheese. Before dinner I snacked on some cheese and strawberries, then for dinner we made pork tenderloin and artichokes with aioli. I had some champagne with the cheese and strawberries and then 1/2 bottle of red with dinner. I got pretty tipsy from the alcohol, I'm definitely noticing a lower tolerance since going primal (probably stems from less overall consumption and no carbs in my system to absorb the booze).

So far today:
    B: wasn't hungry so I just had some herbal tea
    L: brought food from home: arugula salad with radishes, mushrooms, red bell pepper, feta, and some turkey breast; 4 basil chicken meat balls

It's raining cats and dogs today so I'm not sure yet if I can go for a walk. More PEMs this evening though since I didn't do them last night. All the soreness from Monday's sets are gone so I should be able to get some good reps in!
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Yesterday's food:
    B: 2 kiwis & 4 strawberries; decaf green tea
    L: grilled salmon topped with mandarin salsa; mashed yams and sauteed veggie medley
    D: one honey roasted quail with sauteed spinach; 2 small pockets filled with minced beef and spices (at least the dough was made with rice flour so it was gluten free)
    S: some cheese and grapes

Today:
    B: 2 slices thick-cut applewood smoked bacon; 3-egg slooooow scramble with butter topped with parsley and cracked pepper
    L: Wok stir-fry - brussels sprouts, asparagus, red bell pepper, brown mushrooms, leeks, one cut-up chicken sausage (all stir-fryed in macadamia oil with a dash of sriracha hot sauce) YUMMY - take a look at the photo below

It's 70+ degrees here in Cali today so I'm off for a gorgeous walk in the sun! Hope you're enjoying your weekend!
    photo.jpg

Wow, lots of work recently (worked all weekend long) and then took a day off on Monday and drove to Napa wine country with my boyfriend for some much needed relaxation. We were out in the sun lots, played bocce ball and had a decent amount of wine.
    As for food, my weekend wasn't so good. I had some pizza on Sunday and also a couple of BBQ pulled pork sliders (including the buns).
    In wine country on Monday we had ribs and cole slaw for lunch, so that wasn't too bad except the BBQ sauce probably wasn't super primal. For a snack we did some wine & chocolate tasting. Most of the chocolate was dark so that was a nice treat. For late dinner we went to iron chef Morimoto's restaurant. We had lots of delicious sashimi, a little bit of rice, an amazing seafood toban yaki (seafood stew; kind of like Italian cioppino), and some pork belly and clams with buck wheat spaetzle in a cream sauce.
    Yesterday was OK. I had two poached eggs with ham over some crispy hash browns for breakfast. That left me so full that I didn't eat again until we were home at night. We just had a simple cheese & meat plate.
    Overall I only packed on 0.5lb over the last 4/5 non-primal days and I didn't feel bad or anything except for being extremely full after pretty much every meal. Now it's back to being good!

Today I had 2 soft boiled eggs and two slices of turkey bacon for breakfast. I'm planning on walking later today and the sun is out, so I'll be getting some Vitamin D.

We went to CostCo yesterday early afternoon and stocked up on meats, macadamias, lettuce, organic eggs, etc. I picked up a rotisserie chicken and made us a salad for lunch topped with that. Our lunch was around 3pm, we were too full from breakfast to eat earlier than that.

For dinner we just had some meat (salami, prosciutto, herbed sliced turkey) and cheese (espresso gouda, hard goat cheese, double cream brie) at home paired with some macadamias and sliced pear.

So far today:
    B: chicken patty topped with 2 slices turkey bacon, 1/2 mini avocado and 2 fried eggs
    L: small salad - mixed greens, broccoli, shredded cabbage, mushrooms, 1/2 boiled egg, artichoke hearts, sauteed brussels sprouts, sunflower seeds - small drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar

The work keeps piling up and I'll be heading to Orlando for work this coming Saturday, but I'm trying my best to be primal!

Breakfast:
    Chicken patty topped with two slices bacon, 1/2 avocado and 2 sunny-side up eggs (this has become the staple breakfast for me and my boyfriend, we have it like 5 times a week - it's got so much good fat that it keeps us full until around 4-5pm, essentially making us skip lunch all the time....and it tastes AMAZING!!!)

Late Lunch:
    I went to the In&Out drive-through because work was nuts and that's all I had time for. Lucky me though... Why lucky you ask? Because this California family fast food chain makes "double doubles protein style" - two beef patties with two slices of cheddar wrapped in lettuce leaves. I had them add some grilled onions and pickles to my primal burger and off I went. Yes, I'm sure they don't use good oil to fry the patties up, but it's absolutely one of the best fast food places for primal folks!

Late Dinner:
    My boyfriend is about to cook us up some bloody rib-eye steaks and I sauteed up some brussels sprouts to go with it. A nice glass of California Cab and I'm as happy as a workaholic can be on a wicked Monday

While sauteeing up the brussels sprouts I made myself a work lunch for tomorrow so that I don't have to settle for a fast food place again. I've been making the most delicious salads - look at the picture, who wouldn't want to eat that? It took a lot for me to put it in the fridge instead of eating it right after making it! Yummy mixed organic greens topped with radishes, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, red bell pepper, 1 boiled egg, turkey breast, feta cheese, fresh dill, baby carrots, and marinated artichoke hearts. So colorful and tasty!

photo.jpg

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Hi Anna! That is a beautiful salad! Made my mouth water just looking at it!!

Sounds like you've been doing well! Keep up the good work!!
    SW-211
    CW-209

Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Bamboozel is offline Senior Member
    Mmm that salad looks great!

I've been working so much that I haven't had much time to eat - great thing about the primal lifestyle is that you don't have to eat all the time - haha Yesterday I ate a small salad around 1pm. Then my boyfriend made us a pork tenderloin at 8pm with some tomatoes topped with mozzarella. That was it for the food yesterday.

It's been raining cats & dogs here, so last night I decided to join a gym again since I just can't get myself to walk around the muddy park and do pull-ups on a wet, cold bar. Tonight I will go on the treadmill and walk sloooooowly at a steep incline. That always works my glutes nicely. Time to ramp up the bikini mission!

Tomorrow I am leaving for Orlando for work until Wednesday night. Lucky for me it's 80 degrees and sunny so I can soak in some Vitamin D and go for walks outside. The resort I am staying at has a great fish restaurant, a breakfast buffet with lots of bacon & scrambled eggs, and also a sushi place, so I'm feeling pretty good about going and keeping my diet primal while there. The only thing that scares me is the convention lunches. There is no choice and last year it consisted of caesar salad and spaghetti with meatballs and other similar non-primal dishes. I will be taking macadamias and jerky with me to Orlando in my luggage, so maybe I will skip lunches and just have a snack to hold me over until dinner.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast