Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: This year is all about my body and my health! page 10

anna-banana is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    That's awesome Bamboozel! 15 pounds is a great accomplishment! Thanks for the encouraging words, I am starting more strictly again today as I know that being primal makes me feel so much better and I'm still wanting to lose another 10-15 pounds.

B: Chicken burger patty topped with 1 slice turkey bacon and two fried eggs
    L: Haven't been hungry yet, so it will be a late lunch and consist of chicken soup leftovers
    D: The boyfriend is making us veal chops and I'm steaming up some jumbo artichokes and making aioli from scratch for dipping

This will be my first weekend in a long time without alcohol and I'm very excited. My bf actually suggested it this morning and I am absolutely on board. It is so much easier when both people in a relationship give something up. There's just less temptation and more support when you get weak. Work has been crazy this week and will continue to be next week, so maybe the no drinking will carry over through next week.

The California weather is gorgeous so I am going for a walk after work and then doing some bike riding or hiking this weekend.
    25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

Ended up having a bowl of the chicken soup for lunch on the patio enjoying the 72F sun shine (lots of Vitamin D!). My boyfriend and I went for a 20-minute bike ride to a nearby lake and rented a double kayak for an hour, then biked home again. That was lots of fun and I worked my legs and the upper body.

For dinner we had the veal chops, artichokes with aioli and I also made some tomato & mozzarella salad. One piece of 85% dark chocolate for dessert and I'm feeling good tonight!

Calories: 1408
    Protein: 100g
    Fat: 93g
    Carbs: 42g
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    what a great day you had yesterday Anna!! We had some warm days but didn't last...got cold again yesterday & was chillier today. Supposed to warm up again over the next few days! I'm so ready for spring so I can start sitting out in the sun!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Saturday:
    I made us a chicken patty topped with turkey bacon and two fried eggs for breakfast. We then went to play bocce ball outside for 1.5 hours in a town nearby. They offer all their appetizers at 50% from 2-5pm, so we took a 30-minute stroll in the sun in this beautiful park next to the bocce ball place until the happy hour started. Half the apps were marked as gluten free and there were quite a few without any grains. We ordered 4 appetizers and split them - 4 jumbo prawns wrapped in pancetta served on marinara sauce; 4 lamb riblets with a side of sauteed spinach; mussels and clams in a tomato white wine broth; creamy garlic spinach dip (I didn't eat any of the bread it was served with). All in all a delicious primal lunch.

For dinner we were invited to a friend's house for Bhutanese New Year. They made lots of traditional bhutanese dishes and I tried to stick with the grain free ones, but did try a spoonful of both the spicy beef with rice noodles and the creamy cabbage with rice noodles. Besides that I had plenty of meat and veggies. For dessert I had a tiny sliver of the dark chocolate cake and some strawberries, blueberries, and watermelon. As a tradition we had to drink a small cup of egg rice sake, but besides that we had no alcohol yesterday evening.

Today:
    I made myself a 3-egg omelet with turkey bacon, onion, and red bell pepper for breakfast. I then walked/hiked the Stanford dish and parked my car further away so I extended the walk by 30 minutes to 1.5 hours total. There is a farmer's market close by on Sundays so I strolled across it for 30 minutes and picked up some organic veggies and fruit.

For lunch I just made us a peppery arugula salad with diced blood orange and spicy sauteed shrimp. I used olive oil and the blood orange juice that accumulated when I cut the fruit for the dressing. Super delicious - I will definitely put this in my recipe book! The sweetness of the ripe blood oranges paired extremely well with the spicy shrimp.

Bamboozel is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a great weekend Anna! Im with you - when both partners are on board with no drinking, its SOOOO much easier. My boyf loves a beer but after a few drinks this Friday night that just went and a whole day on Saturday that he couldn't get out of bed! I think he might reconsider what and how much he likes to drink - he didn't like wasting a whole day in bed feeling sorry for himself haha. I suggested that we switch from drinking the high carby beers to drinking wine or vodka with soda water instead.

Hey Bamboozel, good to hear from you. I miss your journal!
    Ugh I did the drinking too much a couple of weekends ago and was useless all Sunday long. I've been sticking to red wine since I savor it more and drink it slower than beer. Vodka soda with a squeezed lime is also a go-to for me if there's no decent red wine to be had. I have discovered that a small pour of port wine totally satisfies sugar cravings for me, so I've been indulging in that here and there.

Today I just had an apple and some wild raspberry tea for breakfast, I was still full from the meat/cheese/fruit/veggie platter we made last night for dinner. We also split a bottle of red wine, once again our will power just wasn't there. Plus a meat & cheese platter without wine is just not right haha.
    For lunch I got a big salad from the salad bar at work - mixed baby greens with cooked cauliflower florets, marinated mushrooms, carrots, chopped boiled egg, shredded cabbage, artichoke hearts, some grilled chicken breast and sprinkled some sunflower seeds on top. I had about 3 tbsp of gluten free ranch with that - probably still not very primal but I was wearing a really light top and I've been splattering waaaaaaay to much balsamic vinegar on my work shirts lately at lunch. I should maybe consider wearing a bib...

For dinner we went to a nearby restaurant. I had the cream of celery and leak soup, a small red beets with goat cheese salad, and three dates filled with some manchego cheese and wrapped in bacon. When I tracked my food a little bit ago on paleotrack.com I was a little shocked about the calories and carbs in dates... I will try to avoid those while I'm trying to lose weight. I had a glass of red wine with my delicious food. Later at home I had two pieces of 80% dark chocolate.

Since I was too busy today to move slowly, I just now did 3 sets of 10 regular pushups with about 5-10 minutes rest in between sets. I had been doing 3 sets of 20 knee pushups up until today and I wanted to see how many regular ones I could do. The first set was the toughest and the last one the easiest - it's so funny how quickly our muscles adapt to movements and repetition of them. Overall I am very pleased with the reps and will just stick to regular pushups from now on and get the reps up. Now I am going to do some planks and squats before relaxing with a book and then turning in for some snooze (I love sleeping lately). The pull-ups will have to wait until I go to the park again since I don't have a bar at home.

No squats last night, but did three sets of elbow planks - 50 seconds, 60s, 50s.

Once again I wasn't very hungry this morning so I just had a hard boiled egg and a small fuji apple. For lunch I went to the work cafeteria and got 2 small thai spiced chicken legs with skin (marinated/rubbed with coconut milk, ginger, spices) with a side of steamed veggies (zucchini, green beans, red bell pepper, broccoli).

It's been raining on and off, so I'm hoping I'll catch a dry hour after work so I can go for a walk. Even a little drizzle would be ok, since I am no longer made of sugar

I ended up going for a fast-paced 1.5 hour walk after work which was great. For dinner we went to a nearby burger place. I had a 1/3lb. turkey burger in a lettuce bowl (instead of the bun) topped with herbed goat cheese, sauteed onions and red bell pepper, a chopped hard boiled egg and two slices of bacon. I ordered the balsamic vinaigrette for the lettuce but didn't even need it since the burger was so juicy that it released a nice "dressing" onto the salad. Afterwards we went for a glass of red wine at a lounge and I also had a scoop of cream cheese ice cream - so good and not sugary at all. I'm so happy that I'm pretty dairy tolerant!

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    wow Anna your food sounded so good! And what a great place you must work to be able to have some great choices to eat for lunch!!!

Sounds like you're doing great!!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Bamboozel is offline Senior Member
    mm! ive been making salads like that turkey burger one at home for lunch - beef or pork pattie that I made with zucchini, onion, cabbage and spices on top of a big whatever-is-in-the-fridge salad. SO GOOD!

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast