Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - pauldaniel7 page

pauldaniel7 is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal - pauldaniel7

Shop Now
    Here is the start of the journal.

I am at roughly 265 lbs. Been dabbling in primal for about a month and a half to this point. Lost about 5 lbs, with hardly any exercise and dealing with the holidays!

I am hoping to get more aspects of the primal lifestyle going and keep feeling better and better!

Big Thanks to Mark for making this info and site accessible to everyone!

MikkiB is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!

Good start to today! I just did my lift heavy things workout at work during my off period! What heavy things are there at school you may ask? Well me of course! I always wanted to be able to save myself if need be.. you know like in the movies when they are hanging on the ledge, I want to be able to pull my own self back up!

My big weakness is Diet Coke right now. I know it doesn't spike insulin, but I also know one of the laws is not to poison yourself. So once I get more things settled I plan on tackling that as well!

Good luck to everyone working on the challenge! I sent my before pic in.. quite rough... but I am determined to send an awesome after pic in!

Keep on Grokkin' in the Free World!!

I thought I would round out my description a bit.

I am 6'1 and 263ish now. I am a biology teacher and really enjoy how Mark explains the science behind the concepts in the primal blueprint. It's one of the reasons I decided to devote some thought and action to this lifestyle. It makes sense to me.

I am married and my wife supports the primal way of life, but when she tries to go primal more completely she feels light headed when she stands. She is notorious for low Blood Pressure so a trip to the doctor is planned soon to perhaps determine what exactly is going on.

I had gotten into running in order to be more fit a few years ago. I have completed 3 mini marathons and various other 5K and 10K races, and although it was a great experience, and I cut some weight, it would come right back after the race and training subsided. I have a bad back which soon made me realize that running all those miles is not going to be the way that I get fit. The chronic cardio portion idea hit home as I was reading!

So, that's more about me and my journey up to this point! I am looking forward to building momentum and lose not only weight but some meds. I am on a daily pill for acid reflux and anxiety, so I look forward to someday cutting one or both from my life. Oh and all the ibuprofen for the back wouldn't be missed either if that pain was lessened.

Drop a comment, especially if you have any experience like that I described for my wife, she wants to get in better shape the primal way but as I mentioned it doesn't agree with her completely!

Have a great one!!

So it was a rough weekend on the Primal Side of things. I did well this past week and then with so much happening, it turned into a detour. I am counting it as part of the 20% but I hate doing that. I love seeing the Friday success stories, and I want to see things happen like that for me. I am on the cusp of moving up in my career and want to be able to pair a healthy vibrant body and mind with my experience. Also, being on a limited income the wife and I didn't totally clean everything non-primal out.. we are slowly using it from time to time and have agreed not to purchase anything else that is processed. It is working but it sets us up for the random waffle fries and such from the freezer.

I am looking forward to warmer weather and the outdoor freedom that will provide. Very envious of those in Cali with the nicer year round weather! If it weren't for family I think I would make the jump to the west coast. Oh well... somedays and dreams...

Have a good one! Get back on that horse!

Well just completed my LHT workout at work.

Completed 50 wall pushups
    Knee/Eblow Plank - 90 seconds, 45 seconds on each side
    Squat - 50 (and ouch, cramped up)

Had a nice salad last night....did well as of yesterday and looking to continue the trend through the week.
    Really trying to watch my carb intake... I think more were sneaking in that I had anticipated before.

Take care all!

Wow.. two days since the LHT workout and my quads are still super sore!! I may need to ramp up on those more than I thought!

I am trying not to get discouraged by all the rapid loss of others on the forum and focus on what I can do to make it happen for me. I am actually re-reading the primal blueprint and trying to find areas that I am in need of working on.

Hopefully I will be able to dial in on what will work best for me.

Now that Mark is putting up the before photos, it means even more! Cause you guessed it... mine will be one of em! Talk about inspiration. Don't want that picture to be the last pic that is seen..

Well, back to work!

ELCO14 is offline Senior Member
    Hey PD7- I've been living this lifestyle for over a year now and I'm STILL adjusting. You're on a path with no final destination so don't worry about others progress and compare it with your own. Everyone is different and hey we're all online... I can embellish my progress as a way of "fake it 'til I make it" and you wouldn't be the wiser so don't get wrapped up in others progress. I think you're on the right path and headed in the best direction!
    Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thanks ELCO! I understand what you are saying and appreciate the perspective. As long as I keep chugging along I know things will will out for the best if I am doing the right things for me.

PrimalCon New York
    It was a rough primal week. Life issues worked against me in some ways, but now my photo is up on the resolution page, so I am determined to get back on track and make better progress. I am upping the moving slowing amount this coming week to ramp up the fat burning.

Sleep has been pretty good though. I am trying to maximize the primal blueprint laws in as many areas as I can to keep me feeling good and working towards that goal.

I am also looking forward to spring/summer... going to get out and enjoy much more activities when the weather gets warm.

Grok on everyone!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast