Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Writing on the Cave Wall - Cave Woman's Journal page 6

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    hey CaveWoman! I had to laugh about reading others journals! I get so engrossed in what everyone else is doing...& then of course making a comment or two here & there...that I don't have much to say in my own! I have not checked out winencandy yet...will mosey over there when I'm done here!

I don't have any place to do pull ups...but I had the insane thought that I'd love to have some monkey bars! Remember them??? lol Wonder what hubby would say if I asked him to build me some?? Wonder if Grok had to do anything similar to that? I have this image in my mind that when I reach my goal weight I'm swinging from bar to bar like I'd been doing it all my life!! Funny our brains come up with these things! My mom who is doing the primal thing too has a goal to be able to ride a horse again. We had horses when I was growing up, so yah...I think that would be cool to do again.

Isn't it amazing how we are now able to hear what our bodies are telling us now? We just couldn't hear before or else just wouldn't listen. I too am fitting into clothes I haven't been able to wear in years! It is such an awesome feeling!

I have not tried the mashed cauliflower yet...but guess I'll have to try it. So many are saying its good...so its on my list of things to make!

Glad to hear you haven't gained any during your celebrations! You are becoming a lean mean carb burning machine!! Grok on!!

have a great day!!
    Last edited by theprimalcajun; 01-21-2012 at 12:32 PM.

Cave Woman is offline Senior Member
    Hey, ThePrimalCajun!
    Good to see you here!

You made me laugh with the monkey bars comments! It's great to have fitness goals like your mom's. And congratulations on fitting into old clothes. It feels so good, doesn't it?

My pull up bar is just a cheapie I got at the sporting goods store that fits into a door jam. It's right here in my office door.

Thanks so much for the encouragement!

Grok on!!
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122
    Goal weight 115? 120? I'll know when I get there.

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

GoLisaGo is offline Senior Member
    Good morning Cave Woman! I am a serious caffeine addict. Whole beans, ground fresh, heavy cream, touch of cinnamon... every single day. I used to drink it black by the pot full, but now limit to a few cups savored with cream. For now, that's OK with me. I've been much more strict removing the grain and added sugar from my diet. I still want (crave?) dark chocolate and will sometimes mix a batch of heated coconut oil, dash of stevia, and dark cocoa powder; occassionally adding in chopped macadamia nuts or shredded coconut. My "cocoa crack" addiction, I try to limit to once a week.

Did we get some snow or what? I love the quiet softness in the evening of the new fallen snow. In my neck of the woods, it is starting to melt. It's at the dirty, slushy stage which froze back up a little last night so it makes walking around tricky. But I think it's a good core workout provided you don't fall on your ass! lol! Yesterday I was thinking that I might incorporate something into my landscape that I can turn into a winter ice skating rink. I haven't ice skated for 40 years, but I'm sure it would be a good fun workout.

Good to meet you, thanks for stopping by my journal!

Cave Woman...so does that bar really work? I thought about getting one but was afraid as much as I weigh right now if I tried to pull myself up with one I would wind up on my ass on the floor!! Of course I probably couldn't no matter how hard I tried!! lol Right now at least!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theprimalcajun View Post
    Cave Woman...so does that bar really work? I thought about getting one but was afraid as much as I weigh right now if I tried to pull myself up with one I would wind up on my ass on the floor!! Of course I probably couldn't no matter how hard I tried!! lol Right now at least!
    My pull-up bar hangs in the door frame too.
    One time, I didn't check it first and it was "off" by a tiny little bit...I landed on my "Wicked Wicked Bumper"!
    I thought I had lots of padding, evidently it wasn't nearly enough

Now I ALWAYS check to make sure it's in place
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

thanks winencandy for posting that. I'm going to Academy on payday & checking them out!
    SW-211
    CW-209

Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Cave Woman is offline Senior Member
    YIKES, WnC! Glad you're OK! Our bar is screwed into the jam, though only one little screw. Neither of us has ever weighed over 145, so I don't know about how much it will hold. The Cave Man has been using it for years, though.

GoLisaGo, your cocoa crack sounds awesome! I'm gonna have to try some.
    Yes the snow has been lovely, but it's unseasonably warm today

Skating!? You are braver than me!

Thanks for stopping by for a chat, everyone! It's like having a party!
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122
    Goal weight 115? 120? I'll know when I get there.

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

PrimalWriter is offline Member
    Happy tomorrow-birthday!

(You posted it over on Otter's journal--I thought celebrating with you was called for.)
    My primal journal: My journey, goals, recipes, random thoughts on primal and SAD.

It's all about the journey. How we get there is at least as important as where we end up.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Yes! Have a awesome 55th!!!!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

hey CW...I've been looking for AnnaBanana's journal but can't find it. I'm sure I must be overlooking it...but do you happen to have the link?
    thanks!!!
    SW-211
    CW-209

Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast