Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Writing on the Cave Wall - Cave Woman's Journal page 2

anna-banana is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sounds like you have two delicious choices for dinner! Enjoy - whichever one you end up making.

Best of luck on your journey, I'll be checking back in with you :-)
    25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Cave Woman!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Cave Woman is offline Senior Member
    Thank you, Winencandy!
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122
    Goal weight 115? 120? I'll know when I get there.

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Up early to catch a glimpse of the meteor shower. Nice show!

Then a lovely Epsom salt bath soak (while reading The Primal Blueprint), and now to update and continue perusing more of the 342 pages of before and after pics on the Success forum. Some amazing transformations there!

Today I may do some sprints - not running, but what Teresa Tapp calls "Hoe-downs". When I started some interval training last summer, they were a fine exercise for that purpose. Maybe some jumping jacks as well.

I'm hungry for breakfast today. That's not always the case. I think I'll make scrambled eggs with sausage, cheese, and avocado. For lunch, probably more of my fabulous lamb curry. Yum!

Later a walk in the woods with the neighbors and the dogs. Somewhere between 2-4 miles, chatting all the while. In between all of that, I have lots of work to do both online, in the studio, and straightening this disaster area of an office.

Cheers!
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

2 mile walk - I wore the wrong socks so we turned back sooner than usual.

1 square dark chocolate, espresso with 1/2&1/2 at drive thru

Dinner: Beef and broccoli stir-fry, 1 & 1/2 glasses cabernet

Lovely evening reading and playing games with the Cave Man
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122

It is so wonderful not to be hungry all the time!
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122

Breakfast was coffee with heavy cream. I'm very sensitive to caffeine and shouldn't drink it very often. I think I'm one of those people whose blood sugar is affected by it. I think that's the reason I was never able to change my diet much before. I "had" to eat often and the higher in sugar the better! I have been gradually getting rid of wheat and coffee for years, and find that a coffee (decaf only) every 10 days or so is ok, but more often than that and it makes my skin itch and my heart beat too fast. So this second day in a row was ill advised and I will try to avoid doing it in the future.

Out for a brisk walk soon with the neighbors to shake off some of this caffeination.

Lunch was the last of my fabulous lamb curry with toasted almonds and coconut flakes on top. Yum!

I seem to do intermittent fasting without trying, especially with this way of eating. Dinner is somewhere between 6 and 8:30 (we're very casual about that around here) and I'm usually not hungry for breakfast. Even in the old days, my whole life, I never really wanted breakfast before 10am or so. Then I would get shaky, now I just get hungry somewhere between 10am and 2pm. Maybe a lifetime of reasonable exercise and IF kept this sugar junkie Cave Woman from becoming really obese!
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122

Clutter! The bane of my non-dietary life! I am an artist, I have always functioned well with my own clutter, but I've let the office and studio go too far! It's already the 5th of January and I've barely got a handle on it. I guess I would have become tidier if I'd had kids, because I don't like other people's clutter, but I never had to set an example for anyone.

Well, I'll keep plugging away at it between projects.
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122

3 mile walk with the neighbors and dogs followed by some LHT involving hauling a couple of sled loads of firewood (70lbs each?) up across the yard from the woodpile and up a full flight of stairs to the house. And splitting a few logs into kindling. Not quite an all out LTH effort, but worth noting.

Then a friend stopped by for a chat by the woodstove accompanied by a glass and a half of red wine each, a wee slice of cheese and some toasted almonds. That was a nice surprise. Usually no one but the neighbors ever stop by unannounced.

Now we're discussing having beef and broccoli stir fry for dinner again. Always good. Or maybe steak, broccoli, and salad. We shall see.
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122

Woke up groggy this morning with a fierce craving for some tea with loads of sugar in it. This last summer I started the nasty habit of having jasmine green tea with mounds of sugar in it. Every day! Today, I wanted some, BAD. But I came here instead and have been getting through Gay Panda's journal. While reading, I had a sliver of dark chocolate. Next came his post on curly fries. Hysterical, as is most of his writing, but he talked about how he ordered curly fries, things that were his pre-PB fave and how they just didn't have that special something anymore. No rush, no thrill. Sad but happy but true. Others chimed in relating similar events. I used to hate dark chocolate. Not sweet enough. I was a milk choco girl through and through. Now I love my dark, and milk seems awfully sweet anymore.

It's only 2 weeks in, so things will keep changing, but who knows where this will lead. Will I actually turn down See's candy? It's never been done before.

Just to be safe I cooked some bacon and then fried eggs in the fat. I think I need a spoonful of coconut oil to get rid of this sweet craving.

Later.
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast