Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Writing on the Cave Wall - Cave Woman's Journal page 13

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi Cave Woman, as I met you around I thought I'd subscribe to your journal.
    I love the quote from Ottercat in your signature (next in line on my to-read-list) .
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Cave Woman is offline Senior Member
    Hi Candy! Thanks for the visit. You are in the Best Your Stress group. There are so many great journals to check out around here. I'm honored you checked out mine.

Now to check out Candy's various Wonderlands!
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122
    Goal weight 115? 120? I'll know when I get there.

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Sometimes I feel like such a delicate little flower and I don't like it! Used to drink coffee like a fiend and didn't think it affected me. No, I just thought that outrageous outbursts of rage, shaking with hunger, and itchy skin were normal for me. It couldn't possibly be something I ate or drank. I just thought I was borderline crazy. And itchy.

I still like to tell myself that I can handle caffeine occasionally. Yeah, Cave Woman, sure you can, if you don't want to sleep and don't mind feeling cranky followed by worthless and guilty. I never can figure out what the guilt is for, but I sure feel it. Yesterday, one cup of green tea, some wine with and after dinner - ok, two big glasses - and my skin was afire with itchiness. It still kinda is. Skin itchiness can be a normal menopausal symptom, is a common response to caffeine, but is also a major symptom of certain cancers. Guess which filled my mind as I sat up all night scratching?

It is morning now and common sense prevails. Since going primal, I have lost some weight and released lots of icky stuff stored in that fat. These things move around, deposit elsewhere, and get filtered and removed from the body. The liver, pancreas, kidneys, lymph, and, yes, the skin, all play a major part in this. So I'm a bit over loaded and now I put in some known toxins like caffeine and alcohol. My body is working hard to try to get rid of all this stuff. My lesson to take from this is to be kind to my body and don't give it things that will cause an unpleasant reaction.

That is my new awareness for stress awareness month. Be kind to my body and don't overload the system.
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

Maybe you're more sensitive to alcohol too now? I mean, I feel like it's going to my head even faster than before going primal.

Hi Candy!
    I definitely think so, too.
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cave Woman View Post
    So I'm a bit over loaded and now I put in some known toxins like caffeine and alcohol. My body is working hard to try to get rid of all this stuff. My lesson to take from this is to be kind to my body and don't give it things that will cause an unpleasant reaction.

That is my new awareness for stress awareness month. Be kind to my body and don't overload the system.
    this is great CW!!! It just seems like every day we all find some kind of "awareness" or new insight!! I love it!! This is turning out to be a great month!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    I second what Candy suggested, as ever since I went primal I can not tolerate alcohol the same at all! Hope things get better soon cavewoman.. ((hugs))

Thanks, PC and L2B!

I had a bit of a rough day, and was even driven to eat some cake! Horrors!! but I'm better now, and not beating myself up over my transgressions.

G'night!
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122

I hope you enjoyed the cake at least!

Hee, hee... I sure did! Thanks!
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast