Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Writing on the Cave Wall - Cave Woman's Journal page 12

Cave Woman is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi Anna-Banana! Thank you for the welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by anna-banana View Post
    It's easy to just kick off your shoes at the end of the work day and plop onto the couch with that bottle of wine and a bar of chocolate - I do it all the time. Determination vs. akrasia. I'm satisfied when determination wins a little more than 50% of the battles!
    Right you are! Love that word akrasia, but not what it means. I'm glad to be back. And cooking good meals at home. I've been waiting for the Primal cookbook for months from the library. I think I'm just going to have to get it on Kindle.
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122
    Goal weight 115? 120? I'll know when I get there.

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Thank you, PrimalCajun, for the kick in the butt!! Or rather for your kind inquiry into my well being. It is great to be back. Primal is definitely the way for me!

Quote Originally Posted by theprimalcajun View Post
    We've got some new pals to hang out with!!! Sabine...lopisheep(Pam)...longing2bfit(cj)...jenn. ..naiadknight...ecks...Lex is still with us...& of course Gay Panda is still keeping his journal. Oh & Allesandra...& Ali...& Candy is new too!! when you have time give them a visit! They are awesome!!
    I'll check them out. Gay Panda is the only one I've read religiously while I was away and I have seen several of these new ones as well as all the usual culprits there. Your journal has grown enormously during my absence! It will be a while before I'm all caught up with you! Fortunately it is very entertaining reading.

Thanks for being a friend. (((HUGS))) to you!
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

Quote Originally Posted by longing2bfit View Post
    Hi Cave woman
    Primalcajun sent me over to say hi! And I am slowly working my way through everyone's journals and I will add yours to my growing list now also.. I am not new to primal per se but new to the journals and hanging around the forums. I have had good times and bad times and fallin in and out of the program but my health is better and everything will come together eventuaqlly
    Welcome back!!
    Hi l2bf!! Welcome to my journey! You will not find a more supportive group than this lot. Great, fun folks. When I was brand new here I stole my signature line from Ottercat. It's a good one to remember during those stumbles. Just today I went to the movies and bought some popcorn. I don't even like movie popcorn!!! I had a few good sized handfuls and then came to my senses and put it on the floor. I cringe to admit doing it, but I did stop about 50 cents worth into the $5 bag. Some lessons cost money, some cost our health. Hopefully this one will just be the former. All of which is to say that you are among friends here.

Now I have to search out your journal.
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122

anna-banana is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cave Woman View Post
    Right you are! Love that word akrasia, but not what it means. I'm glad to be back. And cooking good meals at home. I've been waiting for the Primal cookbook for months from the library. I think I'm just going to have to get it on Kindle.
    I learned the word back in February from Mark in one of his daily posts: Akrasia, or Why You Act Against Your Own Better Judgment | Mark's Daily Apple
    One of my favorite posts by him so far. Ever since reading the article, the word pops into my head when I cheat. It's a beautiful word, yes, but it carries a meaning very short of being beautiful
    25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

That's where I learned it, too! Great word!
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122

I've been spending some time reading the forums (too much time, probably, as procrastination is a big issue for me and reading these forums is a great procrastination tool!) and I realize what an amazing body I have and it makes me embarrassed and a bit annoyed at how badly I have treated it.

I have always eaten whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted it. The Cave Man is a chef, so the food is always good and plentiful. I have been heavier than optimum since I was 19, but my highest weight was 147. Far too much for my frame, but not so incredibly high considering that I have always satisfied every culinary craving. Yes, I've always been active, but so have others far heavier than I. I am blessed with a wonderful body that hasn't gotten sick and that responds nearly immediately to and changes I make for the better in following the Primal Blueprint. I am incredibly lucky to still be healthy and to have such a great genetic inheritance.

I need to remember this. It is time to thank my body by following the PB, to bring it back to optimum, and to keep it healthy. we're in this together, and it is time for me to do my part.
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122

H4, you can quote with the best of them. I am honored to be spammed by you.

You understand sarcasm, don't you, dear?
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122

theprimalcajun is online now Senior Member
    lol they do get around don't they?? love the magic triangle!! H4 has done this 32 times! So someone needs to hit the magic triangle & make them disappear!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Cave woman~I love this line~"we're in this together, and it is time for me to do my part. " This really resonates with me this morning and makes me want to work in tandem with my body not against it! Thanks for that insight. It's a great way to start my April destress!!

Morning

Thanks, LTB! April de-stress it is! No foolin'. See you there!
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast