Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Writing on the Cave Wall - Cave Woman's Journal page 11

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    ahhh there you are!! Yes I read about your visit from Debauchery over in GP's journal. Glad that she didn't do to much damage!

what an interesting job being a silversmith must be! and very creative! And I'm sorry that you lost the ring but how exciting that your fingers are getting so skinny!! You will have to start 'taking in' your rings! lol

have a good evening!
    SW-211
    CW-209

Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Cave Woman is offline Senior Member
    I hate "taking in" rings. I'll just have to make some new, smaller ones!
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122
    Goal weight 115? 120? I'll know when I get there.

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Here is an excellent article on wheat and the many ways it makes you fat. He discusses how wheat has changed and the chemicals that modern wheat possesses that are addictive and disruptive to our systems. The author also mentions that all the "gluten free" replacement foods are junk - processed and full of chemicals.

Check it out: Mark Hyman, MD: Three Hidden Ways Wheat Makes You Fat
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

olehcat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cave Woman View Post
    Welcome, Olehcat!! There are a bunch of us shorties around here, some very funny writing, and some good advice. Thank you for following me - I hope I can keep you entertained and perhaps inspired.

I recommend following:
    ThePrimalCajun
    Ottercat
    WinenCandy
    GoLisaGo
    Momma Grok
    and, of course, the one, the only, the great Gay Panda.

Do you have a journal here?
    O my goodness! Thank you!!!

Yes, I just started a journal yesterday:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread48670.html

Thank you so much for that list of people to follow! That is really helpful -- I've been wandering, sort of lost, because while I have a nice three-day weekend to browse the site, normally I need to streamline my internet reading, so having the right threads subscribed to will definitely help!

It's been far too long. I don't know how people who work full time away from home get things done! My temporary job is over and it is time to get back to posting! Thank you, PrimalCajun, for the kick in the butt I needed!

I have worked at home for 20 years (when I'm not on the road) and am used to having a good dinner on the stove while I work in my studio. I kept this up for the first few weeks of my job, but gradually time for shopping, cooking, and exercise seemed to disappear. I had too much wine each night after work, too much ice cream, and the occasional sandwich during my stint in the workforce. Fortunately, I didn't gain back any of the weight I had lost.

I have been catching up with things at home and mostly eating primal and exercising, but without the accountability of this journal, I don't feel that I am as primal as I could be. So here I am.

Now it's time to catch up with all of your journals.
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122

One thing I noticed during my recent less than primal times:
    I can eat wheat once with not too much effect, just a bit of fluid retention and the wheat cough. If I eat wheat two days in a row I get more cough and swelling, but I ache. Joints, muscles - just stiff and old feeling.

Remember that, Cave Woman, next time bread or pizza look enticing!
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122

Don't you just love cooking in bacon fat? Nothing sticks, everything tastes extra yummy. Just had an omelet (cooked in bacon fat) filled with veggies sauteed in bacon fat. YUM!
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122

anna-banana is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back! I too have noticed that the journal is keeping me in check here and there since I don't want to keep writing about how I failed to be primal

Working full-time and cooking and exercising certainly is tough. Sometimes I wonder how I do it all. It's easy to just kick off your shoes at the end of the work day and plop onto the couch with that bottle of wine and a bar of chocolate - I do it all the time. Determination vs. akrasia. I'm satisfied when determination wins a little more than 50% of the battles!
    25, 5'7" - SW 158 (12/10/11) - CW 153 (01/25/12) - GW 135
    "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Follow my Journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45509.html

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    yay she's back!!!!!! I was just worried that maybe you decided that primal wasn't the way for you! I'm so glad that you've stuck to it the best you could under the circumstances!!

We've got some new pals to hang out with!!! Sabine...lopisheep(Pam)...longing2bfit(cj)...jenn. ..naiadknight...ecks...Lex is still with us...& of course Gay Panda is still keeping his journal. Oh & Allesandra...& Ali...& Candy is new too!! when you have time give them a visit! They are awesome!! LOL Well that was a little like Romper Room...if you remember that you're showing your age!!!! ROTFL

It'll take you a while to catch up but none of us are going anywhere!!! Welcome back woman!!!
    {{{hugs}}}
    Last edited by theprimalcajun; 03-29-2012 at 02:33 PM.
    SW-211
    CW-209

Goal: Don't worry be happy!

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Hi Cave woman
    Primalcajun sent me over to say hi! And I am slowly working my way through everyone's journals and I will add yours to my growing list now also.. I am not new to primal per se but new to the journals and hanging around the forums. I have had good times and bad times and fallin in and out of the program but my health is better and everything will come together eventuaqlly
    Welcome back!!

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast