Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meals per day page

kfine Guest

How many "meals" do you eat per day? I usually eat every 3 hours or so, but sometimes I am not hungry for my mid-morning meal...just wondering what others are doing. Thank you!

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

I tend to be on a 3 meals a day schedule now, but I think part of that is just because that is what's expected / what i'm used to with conventional eating.

Yesterday I wasn't hungry until dinnertime though, so I didn't really eat till then.

Today I had breakfast late (about 10:30) and nothing but a few almonds until dinner (6:30).

I guess this would be what IF is about? Not sure, just seems like it works... not TRYING not to eat.

I just don't feel like forcing myself to eat if I'm not hungry...seems kind of "off."

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I used to eat as many as 6 times a day, but once I went completely Primal I'm averaging 3 meals a day. Sometimes I'm only hungry for 2. Sometimes I snack in between meals.

Through the week I tend to eat 3 meals because that's the way my day is organized. Get up, work out and eat breakfast before work. Lunch at work, come home and eat dinner. On the weekend I'm much more relaxed. Sometimes I get up and don't eat until noon, and then a late dinner. Then there are days where I nibble and snack all day with no real meals.

Conan Guest

Below is a typical day for me:

8:00 - 1 extra large omega 3 egg, 1 cup of egg whites

9:30 - half of an avocado

12:00 - 6 oz. salmon, 1 cup asparagus or broccoli

1:30 - 10 strawberries, .5 cup blueberries

3:00 - 1 oz. almonds

4:00 - 1 apple

5:00 - 4 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast

6:30 - Huge salad with salmon and shrimp

9:30 - Whey protein shake with almond milk

As you can see I eat pretty much all day long. I have a job that allows me to do this and I find it keeps me from being hungry throughout the day. I'm probably more concerned about maintaining muscle than losing weight at this point so this may not be appropriate for everyone.

grandma is offline Member

I more or less eat 2 meals. During the week I generally don't eat breakfast, on the weekends I tend not to eat lunch. Depends how hungry I am. But, I don't think I am eating enough, judging by what others are saying here. I am getting around 1800 cal/day but at 6' 200lbs I guess I should be eating more.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Tarlach is offline Member

Mostly one meal a day. I just have some snacks in the morning and then eat the majority of my food at dinner time.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

NeoPaleo is offline Junior Member

I used to do the 5-6 meals a day thing when I ate more carbs & less fat, but after switching to eating more fat, I usually just eat lunch and dinner. Sometimes I'll eat a breakfast if I'm feeling hungry in the morning, but usually I don't - which is VERY different from when I ate more carbs.

Jedi is offline Member

used to do 5-6 but found it inconvenient and hated the constant focus on food throughout the day. Now I eat btween 1 and 4 times per day, depending on hunger, IFing, circumstances, desire, and I find my relationship to food much healthier

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

Similar to Diana, I am more structured at work and loosey goosey on the weekend. Weekdays I do breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack (timed an hour before P90X so I have enough steam), then dinner. Will eat more snacks if I'm hungry. Weekends I tend to just eat whenever I am hungry with no real set meal times. It's lovely.

jostle is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

M-F are usually IF days for me with meals in the afternoon and evening. Weekdays i try and stay at 10-20% carbs, 20-30% protein, and 60-70% fats. Weekends are usually 3 meal days eating breakfast. One day I tend to use as a carb up day of eating 100-150 carbs. Doing this for the past month, I've dropped body fat to 10-15% from 15-20%.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast