Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: An ongoing experiment in a primal family... page 3

Team Oberg is offline Senior Member
    I had the same problem, we had a ton of them but I never put them into a coherent program...so as ashamed as I am to admit this, I ordered Kettleworx DVDs. Theyre cheesy, but now I have a program to follow and know I am doing the movements correctly.
    *I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.*
    Marilyn Monroe

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I have some of the Kettleworx videos, but my KB is a bit heavy for many of the movements. One of these days I'll get back to taking notes of the videos so I can build a routine (did this once and lost my notes heh).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

ah, so you already know how dorky the trainer can be, "you either have fit-itude or fat-ittude" haha

I took all my leftover turkey and made a crock pot full of turkey and veggie soup. I was going to add cauliflower rice, but I simply ran out of room. These leftovers will come in handy when I get my wisdom teeth out friday. My workout so far was a quick total body circut and I am about to go walk the pooch around for a while.
    Marilyn Monroe

So my grandmother is in the hospital and she is complaining about not having anything to snack on, so while browsing for some dried fruit and nuts to send her I found a great website with a bunch of dried fruits with no sugar added and every nut you can imagine sold by the pound. I am going to use it to stock my pantry. I figured I would share the link, but this is something you have to see, they have the typical figs and apricots, but also starfruit and canteloupe.

Nuts, Dried Fruits, Gourmet Nuts | Superior Nuts
    Marilyn Monroe

Good morning everyone in internet land, today I am having ice cream for breakfast. Frozen berries, coconut milk, and a frozen banana added in really helps give it a creamy soft serve texture. My body compisition is really changing, I can see abs that have been hidden since I regularly starved myself. How fun it is to tell people I eat ice cream for breakfast to get in great shape
    Marilyn Monroe

Overview for yesterday was pretty fishy, had a piece of seared cod and broccoli for lunch and crab stuffed salmon with a salad an curry coconut squash soup for dinner. I have made soups twice this week because after my oral surgery tomorrow I won't be able to eat much, so nice portions of leftovers will keep me going. I am a little concerned about the painkillers I will be on interfering with my progess, but I am kind of a wimp and simply cannot deal with that type of excruciating pain....grok never had to have impacted teeth cut out so i am sure he will forgive me.

Yesterday I also did some plyometric intervals, as a sprinting type workout, and a light total body resistance circut.

Today is yoga day, and I am looking forward to the stuffed peppers I just popped into the crock pot for dinner; filled with ground turkey, onion, celery, loads of garlic, tomatos, and organic no-salt seasoning that we buy at costco. It is a really versatile season-all blend of spices, strongly reccomended.

Tomorrow is my physical, so I will be able to add some important health markers to upcoming posts.
    Marilyn Monroe

My husband is a bit challegened when it comes to cooking, sure he can grill a steak and steam some veggies, but I wanted to make sure he has plenty of food while I am laid up this weekend. The lunch I can't wait to eat is tuna melt taters, with the dairy it is questionable to some but I used fermented dairy, which is ok in moderation to me.

Halve and baked some sweet potatos(I used 2) with the skin side up for about 30 minutes
    meanwhile combine 2 cans tuna, greek yogurt, and some shredded cheese
    add whatever spices you like, i used garlic, black pepper, and parsley
    cool the potato halves (freezer is useful for more impatient folks) and hollow them out about halfway to make a little cup
    fill with tuna mixture
    The rest is a guess, you can broil or bake them for a few minutes, I covered and put in the fridge with a little note.
    Marilyn Monroe

ELCO14 is offline Senior Member
    That sounds awesome Oberg- I'll have to give that a whirl and see if the wife can digest some tuna!
    Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

ok, so at my physical yesterday I discovered I had lost 5 lbs, bringing my down to a fit 134. The best part of this is, I am not dieting for weight loss, I eat a moderate amount of fruit and starchy veggies. My BP was 100/60, and my doctor said everything looks good. I will have the results of my bloodwork soon so I will have a more accurate picture of my health.

The surgery went fine, face is pretty swollen and sore, and I am not too happy about being on vicoden, but I will probably need to keep taking it until tomorrow. Fortunately the oral surgeon agreed that I did not need to go under general anesthesia, a bunch of numbing shots into my face and jaw is much better than being put under (on my health and my wallet).

The diet for yesterday was some mashed avocado, some of the leftover soup i made earlier this week, and a sweet potato tuna melt. Today's menu will probably be something similar, I am craving scrambled eggs with avocado so that will be number one on my list. I took out a steak for my hubby to grill last night and taught him how to properly bake a sweet potato, so he could feed himself, unfortunately the steak turned out tough so the pup ate most of it, but hey....at least he cleaned up after himself!!

My mom, who was a pepsi addict has quit, and is low carbing and lost 9 lbs in 2 weeks. She is 45 with her gull bladder and uterus removed, severe rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, and a mess of emotional problems. I sent her a bunch of info about going paleo, I dont want to sound too preachy to her, but I really hope she gives it a try. She really has nothing to lose. I already got her taking fish oil which helped with the RA a bit, I wish she could just come live at my house for a month so she had no choice but to be healthy, but at least she is taking steps in the right direction. Whats worse, my mother has been a nurse my whole life, she is a beaurocrat in the medical system now, but she knows first had what happens to people who dont take care of themselves, yet she still remained the worst offender. Her diet is centered on processed carbs and sugar (mostly pasta, potato chips, and pepsi) Also, my grandmother just had heart surgery, now more than ever I am determined to prevent disease!
    Marilyn Monroe

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I had a bad reaction to my meds and was really sick (not a surprise really, score one for big pharma), so I have had about 24 hours of pretty neolithic meals, thats ok though, I feel better today and am back on track. I have a bunch of ripe avocados in the house so I have been eating them mashed up with some scrambled eggs. This time in bed has been useful though, I finished reading Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf, and am about to start on Why Zebras Dont Get Ulcers. I need to relax for the majority of the day becuase I still get headaches from standing up too long. Hopefully another day or two and I will be back in action.
    Marilyn Monroe

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast