Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: An ongoing experiment in a primal family... page 2

Team Oberg is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I use the Natrol brand, I will link you below. I take one in the morning and one if I am feeling sluggish later in the day. It is a much more stable and natural feeling energy that caffine, plus all the potential health benefits.

Buy Natrol Quercetin, 250mg, Capsules Online at drugstore.com
    *I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.*
    Marilyn Monroe

So this is where the FDA gets their funding, this is how much different companies spent lobbying in washington

Coca-Cola Co, spent $4.74
    Kraft Food Inc has spent $2.09 million
    PepsiCo Inc, spent $2.61 million
    Marilyn Monroe

MikkiB is offline Senior Member
    ... and that's why cereal is "healthy" :rolling eyes:

thanks for the link!

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    "Has anyone here tried Quercetin? I know it is a non-essential supplement, but I have been using it for a few days. Ok...truth moment, I bought into the hype, Lance Armstrong and Tebow use it, along with a list of other athletes, so why not me? Two days in and I really feel incredible, not sure if this is diet or quercetin or both, but I like waking up alert, energetic, and focused. "

I use Super Quercetin (Quercetin, Vitamin C, Acerola, Bromelain) daily - also good for the airborne allergies I deal with.
    I also IF, have been in this mode since the 23rd of December (average IF time blocks are between 18 to 22 hours). I feel even better since I started IF.
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

I love IF. I typically follow the LeanGains protocol, but ever once in a while I will do full day fasts. Especially if I had eaten pretty crappy the previous day. I just have to be careful in that area, because I always feel so good I want to keep extending my fasts
    Last edited by Team Oberg; 01-06-2012 at 05:39 PM.
    Marilyn Monroe

Ok, so I tried the candybar recipie i posted, since the recipie was a bit vague I made it two different ways. First I chopped the nuts in the processor then mixed the coconut and chocolate in. The second batch I processed everything. The results are delicious!!! I used much less honey, only a teaspoon because I wanted a really rich dark chocolate taste. I will definitely be making those again!
    Marilyn Monroe

ok, a review of my day...it was a big energy intake today. We worked out pretty hard this morning, sprints and lifting for me plus went for a long walk with the pup, which would explain my increased appetite.

A few handfuls of dried figs, scrambles eggs and spinach, a few bites of banana almond "pancakes" i made for the hubby, some copper river smoked salmon, a few handfuls of baby carrots, and a couple chicken drumsticks with hot sauce, oh and a few squares of my paleo candy. Now it is time to cook dinner and I am too stuffed to eat!!

Overall though, I feel good, had plenty of energy throughout my workout, 3 uphill sprints, squats, deadlifts, bicep curls and tricep presses, some rows on trx bands. I still suck at pullups, but my strength is increasing!

Anyways, the Red Lobster near my house keeps sending around circular fliers in the mail, and I gotta say, a 4 course "feast" for 15$ sounds tempting right now, but I wonder if it is really worth it. Sure I will feel rewarded while I stuff my face full of biscuts, but then for the next week I will fight cravings and lack the clarity. Nice advertising Red Lobster...but I think you lost this round!!!
    Last edited by Team Oberg; 01-08-2012 at 12:43 PM.
    Marilyn Monroe

I'm roasting a turkey today, my husband and I did not get to have a thanksgiving or christmas eve dinner to ourselves where I got to make a turkey and have lots of yummy leftovers, so we decided just to roast one for no reason, plus it gives me a chance to use my new roaster we got as a wedding gift. I really enjoy putting on a big production for dinner, especially when it is appreciated.
    Marilyn Monroe

Well, today I am feeling kind of crappy, just generally sad and lacking motivation, for absolutley no reason. I am assuming this might be part of the process, especiall since I have had "carb flu" before and felt like this. The weather might be contributing a bit too, a dull grey day that is about 10 degrees cooler than it has been all weekend. I am just going to take it easy today, and listen to my body.

Some crab stuffed salmon with a big plate of mixed veggies is on the menu for dinner, in the meantime a berry and coconut milk smoothie sounds like the right combination of foods to get me energized
    Marilyn Monroe

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    PrimalCon New York
    Hey, I noticed you mentioned doing kettlebell workouts. I'm curious what you do when you workout with a KB? I have a 15lb one and I've never been able to make exercise a "habit" so I'm interested in seeing what others are doing to make my own routines that I feel like sticking with.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast