Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: An ongoing experiment in a primal family... page 14

Team Oberg is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I do believe that we have the same cookie in mind, that was the inspiration for that, but these come out more melty. They have to be kept in the fridge, but they are sooooo good.

I also made coconut/macadamia/almond/sunflower/honey/rasin "granola" bars. Yep theres a lot of slashes there but I dont care about the rules of grammar...I am a renegade.

Mexican stuffed pepper experiment is to commence in 10 minutes. I will list the specifics later

Also cake....can't forget to write about the sutupid cake.
    *I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.*
    Marilyn Monroe

Ok, the cake, we celebrate birthdays at my work, candy, margaritas, lunch, and cake...yeah its obscene. The cake though, which I was told by my boss who was on painkillers at the time from dental surgery the day before "oh you better eat the fucking cake, I got chocolate for you!" Layer one- moist dark chocolate cake, layer two was chocolate mousse, then white chocolate mousse, another layer of the cake, then about 3/4 inch of milk chocolate frosting topped with white and dark chocolate shavings. The cake layers were pretty thin so the gluten wasnt much of a problem, I skipped the paninis and drinks and enjoyed my indulgence. No obsessing about it later

This article was a big help:
    Paleo For Women | Women, Weight Loss, and Modern America: A World in Need of Revolution

I am trying to change my outlook on life a bit. So I ate a small peice of cake, it is not going to ruin an entire month of good eating, enjoy the effing chocolate and move on dummy!

Ok, not the peppers, beef, garlic, pepper, jalapeno, onion, paprika and coriander- that is what I had on hand but you can use whatever. I seriously need to get my spice cabinet back up to par, I would have used chili powder and cumin too if I had it. Stuffed the meat into peppers and thrown into the crock pot and hope that they cook in time for dinner. I am going to top with avocado and salsa.

Also, my moms birthday is coming up and I am sending her a copy of the primal blueprint, I hope she gives it some serious consideration.
    Marilyn Monroe

Made macaroons for my hubby, and could not think of what to do with 6 leftover egg yolks, so I scrambled them. I thought this would be good practice since cooked egg yolk is perfect baby food, and I want to have a baby soon. I added a bit of butter, jalpeno, and dubliner cheese and scrambled my little heart out. They stick a bit more than whole eggs, but not too bad. Add a half a cucumber, a few carrots, and a small home made yogurt-wild blueberry popsicle and its a meal.

I have been eating a ton of carrots lately, just can't get enough of them, I need to head to the store and get a few more bags today on my way to pick up our CSA share, it was a good thing that I used up the eggs since we are getting more, along with our other goodies. There are supposed to be some yukon gold potatos in there this week, that will excite my darling husband since taters are a rarity on our dinner table.

Also I have to manage to feed myself for a few days, which usually means just not eating much, but since I have started working I seem to have an insaitable appetite. Like right now, just finished off 500+ calories, still starving. I stashed some organic 100% fruit snacky things from my husband and forgot where I hid them.

Back on the baby topic, it's time, my biological clock is in overdrive, time to make some adorable little cave babies
    Marilyn Monroe

Macaroons rock, I must get the recipie on paper...or...screen, whatever!

6 whipped egg whites, get them all meruinge-y
    1/2 -3/4 of a cup of honey, didnt measure but it was somewhere in there
    juice and zest from one lemon
    generous sprinkle of ginger and cinnamon
    now the magic, I took out a big measuring cup and got to 3 and 3/4 cups of a mixture of random macaroon goodies - coconut, almond flour, coarsley ground almonds, and macadamias I beat with a meat tenderizer to make em smaller...yeah I know there are other ways to do it but I like to hit my food with a hammer. I would say that the ingredient I used the least of was the almond flour, I didnt want them too cake-y

Directions- heat up your over to 250 yes 250, it is not a typo. Put parchment on your cookie sheets and set those aside for later.
    fold some honey into your egg whites, I would go light here, you can always add more later. Then the lemon juice and zest, and the rest of the goodness. Taste ok? If not then add more of whatever it needs, put on your cookie sheets and bake at least 30 minutes, maybe more i dont know, just until they are very slightly browned. Remove and devour.

I just finished off 5 more of these little things and am not hungry for dinner anymore, so I suppose I will just wait until morning to make my lunch for work.
    Marilyn Monroe

I made crock pot ribs yesterday and came home ravenous, so I ate more than my portion, leaving me forced to cook some mini meatloaves to go along with dinner. Sunday weight lifting + not packing lunch = eating a slab and a half of ribs. Luckily, the person we get our pork from sells full racks of ribs foled in half, so I can just stack them up in there frozen, add some BBQ, hot sauce, mustard, garlic, onions, and spices and turn it on low. Then the slow cooker does the work. I know it is a sin to cook pork without a grill but these were best ribs I have ever tasted. I cannot, of course, tell my hubby that, because I like it when he grills, less dishes for me to wash, so I do not want to hurt his feelings.

Tonight we are having Hawiian burgers, mixing the meat with curry powder and ginger then topping the burgers with some ham and grilled pineapple. On the side is going to be some grilled bok choi with siracha mayo. I have the day off and I am feeling creative.

Also my chubby ass needs to sprint today, I have gained weight at unprecedented speeds in the past few months, and while I look fine, and my husband thinks I look great, I am a little ashamed of myself for using leanness as an excuse to eat too much, and when I am not hungry. Like, "oh I am already skinny, what difference will this make?" I wish I could just eat when I was hungry like a normal person and not put so much thought/obsession/fear into food. I keep bitching about the same old shit, yet nothing ever changes. The only time I seem to do well is when I am compulsively planning, measuring, and quantifying every bite. Being a girl sucks. I am getting better but still havent quite gotten the hang of "normal" yet.
    Marilyn Monroe

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Look at it this way, you are on a learning curve. Nobody got anything completely perfect the first time they did it, right?
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314