Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: valentine's day.... what are you guys going to do? page

Paneristi is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

any special things you guys are going to do? i need to gather some ideas.

Dagny is offline Member

Since I am my own Valentine, I will be making myself a nice piece of lamb, to be served with whatever fantastic red wine I want, possibly my 1998 Allegrini Amarone... A bit of dark chocolate for dessert...

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member

HAHAHA

I am with Dagny on this one. However I will probably enjoy a nice hunk of beef/chicken with bacon(might literally be my favorite food)instead of lamb.

I guess dinner for one isn't so bad, it is cheaper right......

My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

I'm happily married, but I hate Valentine's Day, it's such a manufactured holiday. So that day will be business as usual.

(grinch, grinch, grinch)

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I'm working on some sweet ideas for my blog. I hadn't even considered meals. Hmm...

misathemeb is offline Member

hubs and i make each other a card every year (that's as far as the gift giving goes)... well ok he has been known to give me some flowers from time to time since i adore les fleurs

going out on the 13th to a place called the cellar (you bring your own wine and they store it in a locker there if you have multiple bottles and can't drink them all!) they serve local, in season and it's ah-mazing! last year i had rack of lamb with celeriac root puree mmmm

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Ooh fancy misa, that sounds awesome!!! We will be going to a morning movie (tickets are only $5 before noon at AMC theaters, and we have a gift card...I know we're cheap , then playing games in the afternoon (guitar hero, cribbage, etc.), then we're making a nice dinner! I've been saving the filet mignon from my side of grass-finished beef for something special, so this is it! I can't remember what we were going to have on the side though...hmmm. Some type of delicious roasted vegetable. Then a bit of a splurge with creme brulee for dessert (I have a real torch . I'm actually pretty excited that we won't be spending much money and that we have a whole day, not just an evening like usual!

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

We got married in the garden of an old historical house/restaurant, who's chef is an artist! His food is AMAZING, and it's very special for us to go there, so that's where we spend valentines day, and our anniversary...

Lots of delicious primal choices on the menu, and I'm going to make chocolates and fruit fondue with dark chocolate melted with butter and some cream, which we will enjoy at home.

I'm going to make dh a card, and he always writes me a love letter! Yay, I love valentines day, even if it is commercial and sappy! lol

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Ironman and I are participating in a local "Amazing Race" scavenger hunt put on by the YMCA, and going to a Valentines dinner at the home of some family friends.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

Every day is valentine's day in our house if you know what I mean!!! :P

I'll probably get some flower's delievered for the wife and daughter and some chocolate for the son. Then I'll more than likely prepare a feast of some sorts. Probably bust open our last bottle of Nativa (phenominal red wine).

I grok, therefore I am.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast