Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: valentine's day.... what are you guys going to do? page 2

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Not sure food wise yet because I may be working, just got a job as a server so I could see the new guy having to put in those days nobody wants. I need the money so I know the girlfriend will understand. I'm having a caricature made of us (pricey!) that will hopefully surprise her, it'll have a "travelling" theme, I asked for a globe of the world behind us with flags or famous landmarks and us in front of it since we've been talking about the travelling we hope to do in the future. It should be a good gift ...

I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Sherissima is offline Member

We'll probably go to a Chinese New Year celebration and end up eating stir-fry

Today, however, I found some fresh oysters in the supermarket that we'll have tonight as a starter, then a couple of organic steaks and portobello mushrooms with thin green beans. I might even decide to wear a Valentine's Day outfit )

Paneristi is offline Member

The dilemma here is that it also falls on the same day as Chinese New Year and my better half is Singaporean (Chinese)....some great suggestions here thanks groks and grokettes

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

@iniQuity - I would WANT that shift...lots of people spend lots of money dining out on V-day. Rake in the tips! Anyday can be valentine's day.

I grok, therefore I am.

maba is offline Senior Member

We really don't do anything for Valentine's Day. I'm thinking it might be fun to celebrate Feb 12th instead - Darwin's Day.

gini is offline Senior Member

I'm so happy Valentine's Day is on a Sunday - that means an entire day of cross country skiing in NH!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

@lovestoclimb, I have noooo issues with getting that shift whatsoever, the night will still be young when I'm done so there's plenty of time to unwind with the s/o

I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

I'm going to pretend it's just another Sunday.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

On the one hand I'll have to work in the morning; on the other hand on Saturday I'm going to a local farm so I'm eyeing up some rare breed steak... and an old friend is coming over... no expectations either way, the visit has been delayed since before Xmas so the date wasn't deliberate, haha!

As for ideas, home cooked proper steak, posh food - you know the REALLY good stuff you can't normally afford - time together.

Cards and choccy boxes aren't personal enough, IMHO (though of course depends who you're buying for - maybe they ADORE Milky Bars!!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12