Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Life is about creating yourself. (Tricia) page 5

fondalashay is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex26 View Post
    Apples, for instance, have been bred to be so sweet that many varieties actually have more fructose than is good for you.
    You should come eat the Norwegian apples! Yummy! There are trees all over at random and they are great - I am fairly sure they are not GMO either since they are so freaking tiny.

Also, I really like that you are doing your stars on here! That is great! I made a really good pizza crust the other day. My boyfriend really was missing pizza so I took up the challenge. I did not want 100% almonds though, so it has some plus other yummies like cauliflower and cheese. If you are interested just say, Ill post it up

Tricia is offline Senior Member
    I can imagine about the apples - my mum and little sister went to Norway a couple of years ago and they kept going on and on about the beautiful unspoiled nature they saw. I'm so jealous of that, when I hear people on the forum talking about hiking or just going for a run in the woods. Neither of us has a driver's license though, so we can't really move out of the city.
    About the pizza crust: for now I'm going to try and perfect the one with the eggplant. It was really tasty and crunchy before the mush happened, so I'm determined to find a way to prevent that

☆☆☆☆☆☆
    Food:
    I had a bit of a dessert-y splurge last night and felt a bit guilty about that, mainly because the super-fresh medjool dates that are sold at the Mediterranean market near our house are so amazingly plump and moist they already taste like sin, and to dunk them in mascarpone... well... But I didn't break any rules, so I've chosen not to beat myself up about it. And to grant myself a star anyway.

breakfast/lunch: shared the leftovers from the almond-crust pizza (this pizza was actually perfect, but way too caloric due to the almonds, so I'm a bit sad I won't be making it any more hehe)

dinner: steak with cream of mushroom sauce (made with 1tsp of arrowroot), lettuce and sliced tomato, string beans sautéed with the leftover bell peppers from the pizza (yellow and green), onions and some beautiful oyster mushrooms also picked up at the Mediterranean market. That last dish actually turned out quite photogenic and tasty even though I just sort of tossed stuff in a pan, so I'll definitely be making it again. I love a nice colour palette on my plate

extra: ahem... 2 figs, 3 fresh dates dunked in mascarpone, 1 banana, 1 piece of hard cheese

exercise/sun:
    It was a lovely day out and I felt up to it, so I finally got around to getting my bicycle to the repair shop. Got some sun on my face on the way back, and had a lovely stroll around the neighbourhood collecting groceries.

Sleep:
    Finally had a night where I didn't lie awake for hours before falling asleep, and I promptly slept in until 1pm! I suppose I needed it...
    Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ---George Bernard Shaw
    When you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Food:
    breakfast: yoghurt with some ground nuts in it
    dinner: more steak (the butcher has given me huge cuts the day before), leftover veggies & baked potatoes
    extra: 1 banana, 3 dates dunked in mascarpone (well I had to finish them off, didn't I?), piece of hard cheese

Exercise/sun:
    Finally felt up to it, so I took my sister to go see the "woods" at the edge of town. It's just piece of land that hasn't been built on, and there's trees, but also the highway passing above you. Not quite nature, but it made for a nice long walk and when we got home we both had mud on our pants. No sun though, sadly.

Sleep:
    Same as yesterday. Weird. I went to bed at 11:30, slept about an hour later, then woke up at 5 and tossed and turned for hours. When I finally fell asleep again and woke up it was past noon. The funny thing when I am primal is that I always wake up in the middle of the night because I have to pee real badly. And it's not even that I'm drinking more water or anything. I have no idea what could cause it. It doesn't really bother me, but it's just this odd thing that I only get when I've been primal for a few days.
    Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ---George Bernard Shaw

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ ☆

Have started cutting my nicotine patches in half again yesterday. It's weird that scares me so. I did feel a little more 'munchy' than usual, but I'm allowing myself (decaf) coffee again so I can have something to taste, which helps. (I don't like tea) We'll just see how this goes.

Food log:
    breakfast: yoghurt with ground nuts in it, 1 banana
    dinner: big ass pita salad
    extra: big handful of pecans, 1 clementine

Exercise/sun:
    none whatsoever

Sleep:
    Dozed off on the couch around 9:30, but only half asleep, until 11:30 when I decided to go to bed. Read 1 chapter of 'A Song of Ice and Fire', then lay awake until past 3am. Had the most crazy, feverish dreams until alarm went off at 10am. Here's hoping the walking I'll do today will help to sleep normally tonight...

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ ☆☆

Ah bugger. Went to regular patches again. Felt really really irritable yesterday, and I can't have that just yet. Friday is my most important and hardest exam, and also the last one for this semester, so I can focus on other things after that. (this was always the plan, but I had to cut one in two because I ran out on a Sunday) Yesterday was also an exam day, so I ended up mostly grazing as usual. I did attempt a new recipe - this zucchini bread here, that turned out quite lovely, only it didn't have the distinct green hue you see in the picture, which was a minor disappointment. I also may have added way too much honey, because the recipe called for 1 tbsp of honey and 3 packets of truvia, and how do I know how sweet a packet of truvia is, so I just cleaned out the bit that was left in the jar (about 3tbsp worth, as my sister ate all our honey while she was here). It's not bad, but I don't think I'll add any sweetener at all next time. It was already sweet enough that it made me have to go brush my teeth last night to keep me from having yet another piece (a good trick to prevent an oncoming binge, I find), but now I'm done with it. I'm giving the rest to lil' sis to take with her as she leaves today, and saving some from the boy.

Food log:
    - pre walk to campus and exam: 1 banana
    - post exam and pre walk back home: 1 apple
    - lunch (?): big handful of pecans, bit of smoked salmon
    - dinner: heated this kale/minced meat/apple/squash dish I had frozen a while ago (wasn't a winner the first time around either, don't know why I made and froze so bloody much of it ), 3 pieces of zucchini bread creation.

Exercise/sun:
    Walked to campus and back, which is about 3.5 miles in total. No sun though, as it was overcast and bloody freezing! It was nice though. I like long walks in any weather, as long as I'm dressed for it.

Sleep:
    Thought I'd be pretty sleepy after having such a bad night before, but come night time I didn't even try, so I just sat up reading until 2 in the morning and stumbled out of bed at 10:30. Good enough, I guess, but I'd like to turn my rhythm around again to normal hours before I have to go back to work next week.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ ☆☆☆
    Well, so much for being done with the zucchini bread - my sister wouldn't take it, so I finished it off all by myself... Nice one there. Also no exercise, though I went to pick up my bicycle twice because it wasn't ready at the promised time... My sister's exams are over, so she went to stay with her boyfriend, and I think I'll go back to cooking a bit less elaborately for a while. It's been fun to play the mom for a bit, but the boyfriend likes his takeaway and I'll just as soon just heat up whatever (healthy!) leftovers we have in the fridge. It will be nice to return to our old routine.

Food log:
    - breakfast: 1 banana
    - lunch: 2 pieces of zucchini bread, bit of smoked salmon
    - dinner 2 pieces of zucchini bread, 2 big bowls of home made zucchini-and-celery soup

Exercises/sun:
    Nope/yep!

Sleep:
    about 2pm-10am again, but I didn't wake up during the night nor did I have bad dreams, so yay!

Brain/Play:
    Used my brain so much it hurt, then used it some more. This Friday's exam is the most important one of the semester, but the stuff we have to learn is so hard!

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Mmmm, I'll have to try that zucchini bread, but I don't think I'd put any sweetener in it either. Did you do the pumpkin spice ingredient too?

Glad the sleeping situation is getting better. While you're healing, maybe you should just concentrate on a daily walk or something.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

@Lex: no, we don't have a tradition of pumpkin pie here (more of a US thing) so I wouldn't know what was in a pumpkin pie spice mix I did add cinnamon though, but didn't really taste it.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ ☆☆☆☆

So I've officially plateau-ed. I'm not too worried, because this is what I usually call my 'summer weight' (about 69kg) and it's the middle of winter. But I guess this is all the weight I will lose while sitting on my ass all day Will stop by the drug store on today's walk and pick up some magnesium supplements to experiment with. I used to take those many years ago because I had chronic back spasms for a few years, but they just magically (?) went away so I stopped taking them. Would be cool if they could help with the sore throat/swollen glands that I still have from the mono (I think?) or help me sleep better.

Food log:
    - apple, slice of cheese
    - 2 fried eggs, 1 clementine
    - string beans sautéed with red onion, sausages and cauliflower mash, sliced tomato

Exercise/sun:
    Grocery run! It's a lot easier now that I can ride my bike instead of having to push the damn thing all the way there and back, loaded like a camel with groceries, but I'm ridiculously out of shape so it still got my heart rate up Sun aplenty these days, even though it's freezing. I like this a lot better than the constant rain we've been having, so I'm determined to schedule in a walk today.

Sleep:
    Really tired all day. Sort of dozed off around 10:30 on the couch but didn't really fall asleep, went to bed at 11:30, lay there with my head blaring Queen songs (I hate Queen) and songs from the movie Grease at me until I went mad, got up again at 1am, returned to the couch, finally fell asleep there until the boyfriend woke me up at 2am to go to bed. Woke up to my alarm at 10am. Bugger.

Brain/play:
    Finally managed to make some sense from the course material I'm studying (it's meta-logic for anyone who's wondering), but it still wrinkles my brain. No play.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ ☆☆☆☆☆

Today is my final exam for the semester and I am exactly 1 month primal (excepting 2 days where I wasn't) Tonight, I'm baking cookies, and tomorrow I am starting my next 30 days of this adventure. Looking forward to it

Food Log:
    - 2 egg omelet with oyster mushrooms, bacon bits and onion
    - 1 clementine post walk
    - risotto with beef-and-veggie stew
    - 2 more clementines
    - some macadamia nuts
    - pieces of coconut oil-turned-chocolate
    (we sat up late playing Magic-the gathering; apparently that makes me want to snack like nothing else! the boys loved my (well, FondaLashay's) coconut oil 'chocolate' though. I'm going to put it on the cookies I'm baking tonight.)

Exercise/sun:
    Had a nice walk by the canal (about 1.5 hour). During summer, that path is joggers' highway, but I only encountered 3 on my walk and they looked absolutely miserable on account of the cold. I felt great, actually, as long as the icy wind wasn't slapping me in the face. On the way back, the sun shone on my face, which was the only bit of me that wasn't wrapped up like an Eskimo...

Sleep:
    From about 1:30 to 9:30, lots of bad dreams though...

I really messed up yesterday. I was so happy that my exams were finally over, that I decided to reward myself with a hamburger and a serving of fries, only when my boyfriend came home with them, we had a totally stupid fight and I didn't even get to eat them (I can't eat when I'm angry, I'd feel like a caricature of a fat person on TV) and the whole 'reward' aspect was ruined anyway. I did end up eating the hamburger, but that was just because I was starving by then. But then later at night I felt I had to compensate with about a dozen almond cookies (that I also ruined, but at least they are unsweetened), two clementines and a candy bar. Binge!

Food Log:
    - breakfast: yoghurt with ground nuts in it
    - lunch: 2 hard boiled eggs
    - dinner: 1 hamburger
    - extra: 10 (?) small almond cookies, 2 clementines, chocolate bar with hazelnuts

Exercise/sun:
    Walked to and from campus, which totals about an hour. Had a lovely blue sky and sun on my face on the way over there, but while I was inside waiting for my turn it started snowing! So I got to walk home in the fresh snow as it was still falling, which was the perfect setting for my happiness, and I got home all exhilarated until this stupid fight ruined all. Meh.

Sleep:
    8 hours 2:00-10:00, no bad dreams

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast