Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Life is about creating yourself. (Tricia) page 2

Tricia is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Food log:
    Lunch: kickass salad of awesome (ie salad with everything that kicks salad up a notch; bacon, cheese, pumpkin seeds, bits of apple and fresh chives)
    Dinner: the best roast chicken in the world with more salad, tomatoes and shredded carrots. I always make the chicken so spicy I can barely take it and then combine each bite with a fresh mouthful of salad. Heaven
    Dessert(s): bowl of blackberries with a dot of mascarpone, 2 clementines

Resisted Temptation:
    Nothing, really, but I really think I ought to opt for just the one dessert, even if it's 'just' fruit. It's obvious that during the day I only eat because and when I'm hungry, but at night, something else enters into play. Not sure if it's boredom, because I'm not really bored. Maybe force of habit?

Exercise:
    Took all the initial tests from this site, because it looks like fun to focus on just those 4 moves for now, especially when I can do them on study breaks without having to get all sweaty and needing a change of clothes. I rated 'poor' on all of them except for the squats, and now I can't sit down or come down stairs without being in horrible pain and looking like an old lady. Go figure

Dips: 17
    Situps: 17
    Squats: 40
    Pushups (on 4th step of stairs): 15
    Last edited by Tricia; 01-09-2012 at 02:04 AM. Reason: grammar! :)
    Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ---George Bernard Shaw
    When you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Hah, a good can of coconut milk is quite a surprise isn't it? I don't know why, but when I was in Virginia, the Thai Kitchen coconut creme I would buy at Whole Foods was soooo smooth, creamy and delicious. I would put a little bit of stevia in it and call it a dessert ... or ... when it was a really hard day and I didn't feel like cooking anything, I would just make a can my dinner. It hardly has any carbs, but I don't think that means the calories should be completely discounted if you've been sitting around studying and working all day either. I continued losing weight during that time, though, so I'm still not sure if it was a bad habit or a good habit yet. Unfortunately, I'm back in California, and for some reason, none of the coconut milk brands have as good a texture! Not even Thai Kitchen. Also, I don't know if you've researched Candida or yeast overgrowth in the intestines, but coconut products are supposed to help you fight the overgrowth. All in all, I don't think eating coconut milk on its own is the dirtiest of deeds. It's so fattening, it's hard to overeat it.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

So true about the coconut milk

Yesterday and today I have been in pain. Serves me right for not stretching after doing all those squats, that now I've got the worst case of the DOMS. I figured yesterday afternoon that a long, slow paced walk might loosen things up and it did, for a while, as I was walking. But at night after I'd been sitting for another while, it just made things worse :-s It's been a great source of amusement to my current house mates that I can barely move my legs, but less so to myself. I want to get to training! Not having to come down the stairs on my bum.

Food log:
    B/L: 2 fried eggs with 1 slice of bacon
    afternoon snack: some of my primal nut muŽsli and yoghurt
    dinner: huge bowl of salad (I have it out of a serving bowl, hehe) with cut up tomatoes, smoked salmon and my home made cocktail sauce
    dessert: 2 clementines (seems I'm on a clementine diet, right? I can't help it, they're so sweet and convenient!)

Resisted temptation:
    Both my boyfriend and my sister (who is sort of living with us during winter exam month) each decided to get french fries and kebab from the shop at two separate times last night and eat them in front of me. So I had to sit through two fast food meals without having any, as I couldn't be bothered to get up from the couch due to my legs hurting. Then my boyfriend has the courtesy to offer me a chicken finger. I almost offered him a different kind of finger, but I'm trying to demonstrate how zen and level headed this diet is making me so...

I think I'm going for the 30 day challenge here, 30 days of being perfect according to my rules, and then after that I can cheat with one thing (that I get to decide on for the next 23 days or so), after which I would probably go for another 30 days. It would coincide nicely with the day of my final exam this winter, so I could celebrate with something. What to choose, what to choose...

Exercise:
    Walked about 3km (about 2 miles) down to campus and then took a bus back because my legs hurt.
    Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ---George Bernard Shaw

Food Log:
    B/L: ground nut muŽsli with yoghurt
    study snack: a big piece of aged cheese
    dinner: tried to make a paleo hacked lasagna by substituting zuccini slices for the pasta, but it came out a watery mess
    extra: 1 clementine, 1 pear, more of my ground nuts with coconut cream. oh dear...

Cravings:
    Pretty bad again. Especially since after two plates of my lasagna concoction with salad, I still didn't feel full. Probably need to make sure I get enough fat and protein during the day. I thought the cheese would have covered that, but apparently not.

Exercise:
    Absolutely nothing! Will compensate with an extra long walk today.

Today was an exam day, so my log may be a little weird. I didn't feel like eating in the morning (hardly ever do) but I knew I needed something to keep me going so I boiled 2 eggs, quickly ate one, and packed the other so I could eat it after my walk to campus (I always have to do things before I get hungry, but then it's suddenly there!) I think I did ok on the exam, so afterwards I decided I deserved a treat so I went down to the local health food store and got a little bottle of pomegranate juice. No added sugar, mind, but it tasted so sweet it was almost like alcohol (or syrup?). I went back to campus to pick up my sister, went grocery shopping and then took a long nap when I got home. Afterwards I snacked on some cold turkey (no pun intended ) and clementines, and had 2 glasses of milk because I was craving it for some reason (?), did some chores, took a long shower with the awesome shower gel & body lotion I got for X-mass (I save it for when I feel I deserve a reward - I'm trying to find other rewards for my senses that are not food) and am sitting down now (at 10pm) to a big ass salad with salmon and home made cocktail sauce. Doesn't seem to add up to all that much, though I still feel like I've been stuffing myself all day. Weird. Must be all the protein? I almost forced myself to make a salad to get some veggies in there. Ah well

Yesterday's Food:
    B: 1 slice of cheese and 1 slice of chicken. Kept me going well until 3pm!
    L: big ass salad with more cheese and turkey
    D: 1 lamb chop and this! I made it into more of a mash (squash mash!), but even so it was delicious, and I'm so happy I finally found something to do with all that leftover squash I keep freezing every time I make "spaghetti".
    d: 2 clementines

Exercise:
    Pain! Ever since I did all those squats on Sunday, I've been waiting for the DOMS to go away so I could start training. So yesterday it's finally a little better, so I squatted at work to check the number on a box and snap! - pulled this muscle to the side of my hamstring (don't know what it's called, it's on the outer side of my thigh) so badly I limped for the rest of the day. My body sucks

Food log:
    Lunch: 1 lamb chop + lettuce & tomatoes
    Dinner: 1 sausage + string beans
    snacks: about 4 clementines during the day (Friday is free fruit day at work )

I went to bed right after dinner because my throat hurt real bad (been like this on and off since new year, what is up with that?) and I was all cold and shivery. I read this thing elsewhere on the forum about 'healing crises', when all the toxins that got stored in your body from years ago are released once again when you burn up the fat they were in. If that's only half true, I'm in for some nasty times
    I wasn't going to take any supplements, but I got me some omega 3 anyway because I figured it can't hurt. At least my leg stopped hurting, but I'm not really in the mood to do much exercise atm...

Beh. I had a full blown panic attack and nearly fainted at work yesterday. Not cool and not sure why this happened, because it's been years since I had a really bad one like that I had to call my boss to explain to her I was stuck in the bathroom and then the first aid people came and made me drink a glass of coca cola because they thought I needed sugar, and then a friend took me home. I happened to mention that I have this sore throat + swollen glands since new years, so now I have to go see the doctor tomorrow to check my blood and see if I have mononucleosis. Then at night the boy and I figured that since I lost my star for the day anyway (on account of the cola), I could as well have some fries for dinner, which I did, and followed up with a chocolate bar and an ice tea, and then I got heartburn. The fries weren't even that good. Don't think I'm going to break my primal streak any time soon now. It's just not worth it.
    I just hope there won't be any more of this nonsense because I have three (!) finals coming up the next week so the heat is on...

Food log:
    B: a bowl of tomato soup with meat balls
    L: ground nut 'muŽsli' and yoghurt
    D: some of my sister's risotto and beef stew

Exercise: still nothing as I'm still ill and spent most of the day on the couch. Couldn't get a doctor's appointment before tomorrow afternoon so we'll see.

Food Log:
    B: ground nuts in yoghurt
    L: leftover beef stew
    D: meat balls, spinach and leftover risotto

late at night: some plain yoghurt with a teeny bit of maple syrup because I hoped it would soothe my heartburn, which it did.
    Last edited by Tricia; 01-17-2012 at 03:35 AM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast