Page 8 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Lex26) page 8

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hm, I think I may just go back to posting every day on here. I like the rhythm of checking in daily.

So yesterday the 49ers lost - booooo. It's all your fault, Kyle Williams! Toward the ugly end I partially distracted myself from the potential loss by engrossing myself in that Scottish Egg recipe Mark posted with a few amazing adjustments. First, I made the meat like this. Then I added a coating of crushed pork rinds and nutritional yeast to the outside of the meat, dunked it in mixed egg and then coated it again. If you can't eat cheese, rejoice. Cooked nutritional yeast tastes like cheddar and has a lot of great vitamins in it. (And if you have candida issues, nutritional yeast won't mess with you since it's dead.)

They were nom nom! But they do taste better with some kind of creamy sauce, so I thought I'd try a homemade mayo recipe for breakfast. Follow her directions completely! I decided I would just put the egg in some warm water to get it at room temperature and mix it by hand. Next time I'm totally doing the blender! I ended up with fail mayo that didn't have the right texture, and it was super lemony because I may have put too much of that in and it was super-olive-y because I didn't use light olive oil. I thought at first the "fail mayo" tasted too tart to be good for anything, but it thickened up overnight and ended up tasting great on my Scottish Egg for breakfast. I'm so in love with these Scottish Eggs and am determined to make that mayo work!

I haven't exercised yesterday or today, but I have a feeling that my snowboarding date on Wednesday will kick my ass so I'm not feeling too bad about it. I'm also proud that I passed up two big temptations on Sunday and today. Yesterday my family watched a local baker compete on Cupcake Wars and she wound up winning. I think my parents knew she would so they bought a ton of her cupcakes beforehand. I just went straight to the bathroom to get ready for bed. Victory!

And then today I really needed to get down to business on cover letters because, yes, in addition to other problems I'm unemployed and staying at my parents house - yayyy! I'm lucky compared to many, sadly. Anyway, writing sends my stress through the roof even though I'm a journalist and am supposed to do it easily and quickly. I guess things you really love are also the things most capable of making you feel fear and hatred as well. Well stress all of sudden makes my will to stay on target with the diet harder. It's that whole liver shooting glycogen into your blood stream thing I think that sets it off. It's so funny - if I'm peaceful and not stressed, I have zero difficulty avoiding junk. But when I'm stressed - and writing does it to me most - all of a sudden my body forgets how on track it's been and is like, look at that walnut brownie! C'mon! You're getting a lot of work done! It's not going to hurt you! And that brownie is just one of the landmines in this house. My mother is one of those "sugar = love" people so - I swear to God - not a day goes by that she doesn't either buy or make a lot of dessert. But maybe the constant stream of sugar makes it a little easier too. It's hard to convince yourself it's a special occasion dessert or something if you know damn well it's a daily thing. Not just daily, but as a kid, made up the two sides next to my slimy lunch sandwich ... after a breakfast of Fruit Loops or Pop Tarts! How does any parent in the right mind think this can be the norm without majorly damaging health? What can I say? My mom is just part of a generation of parents who were taught to value coupon savings rather than health problem savings.

B: Sunday: Eggs and bacon Monday: Scottish Egg
    L: Sunday: Kale chips cooked in garlic olive oil, nutritional yeast and Hungarian Paprika Monday: Scottish Egg with Fail Mayo
    D: Sunday: Scottish Egg Monday: Bag of Mission Pork Rinds and a ground beef patty
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Hey! Thanks for the posting this link Lex! I'm looking forward to exploring some of the recipe's that are posted.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

outlaw48 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex26 View Post
    I'm so in love with these Scottish Eggs and am determined to make that mayo work!
    Nothing beats a successful sauce made from scratch! I'm currently trying to perfect my Hollandaise.

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw48 View Post
    Nothing beats a successful sauce made from scratch! I'm currently trying to perfect my Hollandaise.
    Me too! I don't eat dairy, so I've got a lot of incentive to master these creamy egg sauces.
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

B: 3 Bacon slices and three eggs
    L: Meatballs and bok choy fried in morning's bacon grease (nom!)
    D: Shrimp stir-fry with broccoli and snap peas (got sleepy afterward)

I really do need those HCl pills. In the last three days, I've experimented with not taking them and I very clearly go back to not digesting as well and getting more sleepy after meals.

Wish me luck on my first snowboarding attempt tomorrow!
    My Primal Journey

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Luck you have been wished! have fun and come back in one piece!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Thanks, Ecks - I'm back all in one very sore piece. Snowboarding definitely delivered on the full-body workout! But it wasn't as painful as a lot of people told me it would be. I'm still no expert, but it was a lot of fun! It was a perfect day at Mountain High so my friend and I spent about five hours on the slopes before wandering around some cute Wrightwood shops. That means snowboarding didn't wipe out all my energy and I bet a year ago that would've been a different story. I did meander a little off my diet because I had a trail mix from my friend with nuts and cranberries - still primal paleo, but not my diet. Also had a Guinness brat and saurkraut, which likely had some sugars I should not have eaten. I doubt weight-wise those things will make a huge difference - hopefully not.

I did stretch an interior part of my knee called the MCL, though, I think. It's nothing big. I felt it when I fell sideways and my snowboard fell a little faster than the rest of my body. There's no swelling, no big pain, but I noticed washing dishes last night that if I put weight on the inside of that leg, it feels a little sore and weak. So, for the next month, I'll work on making muscles around it stronger and try to find a way to sprint without running. I'll find a bike somewhere and do that.

Meals yesterday:

B: Three pieces of bacon and three eggs
    S: Small bag of almonds and dried cranberries
    L: Guinness Brat with sauerkraut
    D: Tomato soup with Italian Chicken Sausage (from Target - ingredient list is actually pretty pure)
    My Primal Journey

The knee feels completely better, no weird feeling when I stand up so I guess a good night of sleep helped a lot. I'll still be careful with it, though. Today I took a 5-mile walk/hike. I started out thinking it would be a quick walk, but it was such a beautifully sunny day I wanted to stay out as long as I could.

B: Eggs scrambled with tomatoes and zucchini
    L: Coconut pudding and some pork rinds
    D: Roast beef with broccoli and mushrooms
    My Primal Journey

BecomeYourDream is offline Senior Member
    Lex! I just read your journal and I am loving your progress and loving your goal of a pull up! I can't wait to see you reach it! Also, we have a lot in common - mostly our love for hard boiled eggs and Jay-z. With that being said...I had to put this link on your wall - Jay-Z - Glory ft. BIC (Lyrics & Download) OFFICIAL - YouTube - it certainly won't pump you up for workouts but its about Blue, Jay's new daughter!! See him in a slightly different light : )

Keep up the good work!

-BYD
    MY "GET AWESOMELY FIT AND HEALTHY" JOURNAL!

"Become Your Dream" - De La Vega

"“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” - Muhammad Ali

LexxyV86 is offline Senior Member
    love the primal journal Oooo braver than me- snowboarding and all.. I prefer feet on ground.. lol

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Page 8 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast