Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Lex26) page 75

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    *poke* haven't heard from you in a few days. Story time soon?
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    hey, Lex. Checking in. All moved in yet? It's Friday... last we heard from you was last weekend. Think it's time to check in with us or we'll start to worry that the "nice guy" you met is in all actuality not a nice guy.

Check in soon!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Haha! Oh Lord, um so I don't have internet in my apartment yet and I think I'm going to go without it for a while, so for the summer at least, I'm probably only going to update on the weekends. I'll write everything down though!

Man, this is the first day I've semi- gotten to slow down and do what I want ... and not even really for a whole day, just for the end of it right now. Guess what made last weekend a lot more complex. Well the guy of course ... who I just ended up avoiding for the rest of the week. Um but also that the previous renter of my apartment was quite the cat lover. I'm not because I'm allergic. I couldn't even stick around the bedroom for 10 minutes without having problems. The place was hardly cleaned when I got a closer look. So at least the landlord had my carpets steamed ... as I was running around a West Seattle neighborhood with a guy on the loose who had just murdered five people. You know, whatever. So many things to be stressed about this week, including the fact that my editors weren't taking my on-the-ground reports seriously because there were two other veteran reporters not getting the same info. But blah, blah, I won't drag you into my work complaints. It's actually like the opposite of DC. In DC, I had too much going on and now I'm hardly getting any assignments. I've been told that'll definitely change when I'm on night shift. The stories I've done since I last posted are a corny one on a non-profit established in the name of a fallen soldier and then a federal grant being given for an innovative transit system here - to me, that's all pretty ho-hum so far.

But anyway, I stayed on track this week and didn't cook as much as I should have on the weekend so there was a lot of hard-boiled eggs and carrots involved. I'd say that was pretty much half my diet this week, actually! I made Moraccan Mash the other night but the trouble with that dish is I keep on eating way too much of it. I need to make a collection of recipes that are good, but not too good so that I don't overeat them

I've been thinking about the nature of my hunger, or hunger signals lately and had a big realization tied to the sleep deprivation realization: I think I've used lagging energy as my main hunger signal in life, not actual hunger. That's quite a problem! And I really didn't realize it until lately. When I'm actually hungry, I actually have a lot of energy. So, that would be an interesting experiment: not filling my energy lulls with calories. Here are some things that might work to fill an energy lull instead:

-green tea
    -something really interesting like a strange conversation or happy though
    - exercise
    -further contemplating how to not have that energy lull in the first place by keeping blood sugar stable and getting enough sleep
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Good on you for the self realization of what really triggers your hunger. A lot of people never get there. If it helps at all napping is always a good way to get sleep. I've read a few studies suggesting that sleep is better had in 2 4 hour chunks instead of a full 8 hours in a row. For someone as busy as yourself this may be beneficial to you. Hope all is well!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Glad you weren't shot!! lol No seriously, I'm glad you're ok.

Sorry about the cat problem in the apartment. I hope things are better now that the landlord steamed the carpets.

Tricia is offline Senior Member
    Hi Lex! Wow, seems I missed a lot while I was gone. So you're in a place of your own now? Even with the airborne cat particles, that must be a big relief! Glad to see you are still going strong
    greetz, Tricia
    Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ---George Bernard Shaw
    When you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Hi Lex! Wow, seems I missed a lot while I was gone. So you're in a place of your own now? Even with the airborne cat particles, that must be a big relief! Glad to see you are still going strong
    greetz, Tricia
    True dat. It's mostly allergen free - it's only every now and then I notice my breathing is slightly restricted. So it's a work in progress that's mostly done. In the next month or two, I'll paint and get a HEPA filter and continue obsessively cleaning to lock it down. But it already feels amazing to have my own place - thank God! Work has been stressful and confusing. But I shift to the night shift next week, so that'll be a whole other ball game that I think will actually be great. I can sleep in as much as I want - for like the first time ever for a long period of time.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Night Shift? sounds exciting and scary. Are you a crime reporter?
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Night Shift? sounds exciting and scary. Are you a crime reporter?
    Ooooh that would be fun!

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    How are you liking it in WA so far?