Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Lex26) page 3

Brunobaboon is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey Lex,

It makes plenty of sense to eat lots of fat once you understand why you're eating it. Once you cut out all or most of the carbs in your diet, your body will start burning fat again (as it was meant to do from birth) instead of that damned glucose that Grains break down to. The goal is to ultimately become a FBB (Fat Burning Beast) - so, Fat is your fuel, and the more fuel the merrier. And once your body is burning fat again, try a 16 to 24 hour fast to see 1: that you won't have carb cravings or hunger pains like before (hopefully) and 2: that your stored body fat is a wonderful source of energy when food is not available.

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ELCO14 View Post
    Hi Lex- I haven't posted in a bit, but felt the need to congratulate all of you for taking the most important step we all can take- care for ourselves and our health.

All the best to you on your journey and I look forward to some progress posts!
    Thank you and don't worry, I'll be posting plenty!
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Up close and personal

So my picture is up on that 2012 Challenge, but it's not as detailed or as close up as many of the others. So I figured maybe I need to do the official front view/side view thing not just so the humiliation is even , but so I can have a more clear record of what's changing with my body as I do this. I've had people already tell me they thought I was losing weight, and I have dropped a dress size, but I always feel like they're lying. I don't think losing 25 pounds looks like that big of a difference yet. Maybe the pictures, no matter how ewww, can help chart this progress better. Enjoi the attached pics.

side_view_jan11..jpgarm_flab_jan11..jpgfront_view_jan11..jpg

Exercise: Today was a recuperation day. Yesterday's workout definitely has me sore, but I've noticed the second day after the workout is when I'm sorest. So maybe I'll take it easy tomorrow too by taking a long walk, shooting hoops or playing Just Dance with somebody on the Wii. Or should I just power through soreness and do my third weight-training work-out of the week?

B: Three eggs scrambled with chorizo, bell peppers and onion
    L: Can of coconut milk and a couple Guerrero pork rinds (I never can eat more than 10 at a time, if that)
    D: Moroccan beef stew with a cup of broccoli
    Last edited by Lex26; 01-11-2012 at 09:01 PM.
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

LexxyV86 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex26 View Post
    Dilemma: When I wake up in the morning I'm so hungry. But I want to work-out before I eat because I hate eating before I exercise. And if I don't do my exercise in the morning, I spend the day anxious that there's going to be some excuse for not working out later. Hm. Today I ate breakfast first. Maybe tomorrow I'll just exercise first anyway and see if I end up distracted from the hunger long enough to eat afterward.
    I am the same way- I would prefer to get the exercise done and then eat-

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

chelle06 is offline Member
    Hi Lex! Thanks for stopping in my new journal! Congrats on your success! I always thought we were supposed to wake up hungry. You could always just have a few nuts before you workout. I hope you find the solution to your workout dilemma.

Tricia is offline Senior Member
    Hey Lex, so cool that you got a shout out in that blog post!
    Hope you are still excited
    Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ---George Bernard Shaw
    When you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

dave155 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex26 View Post
    Just dump it in a bowl with a bit of stevia, maybe cinnamon, and bam! Coconut pudding
    That sounds delicious! I have a 1/2 gal in the fridge and was wondering what to do with it. I don't like it in my coffee..

Congratulations on the success stories and having the guts to post pictures.
    Start Date 1/1/12

SW 176
    CW 163
    GW 155

My Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45618.html

chelle06 is offline Member
    thanks so much for the links Lex! I could sure use the advice Looking at the pics above I can't believe those pics are 200 lbs. I would have guessed much lighter! Do you happen to know if Chia is PB approved? I know the oats had to go bye bye but I'm hoping chia is still fair game. So what type of weighted workouts do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by chelle06 View Post
    thanks so much for the links Lex! I could sure use the advice Looking at the pics above I can't believe those pics are 200 lbs. I would have guessed much lighter! Do you happen to know if Chia is PB approved? I know the oats had to go bye bye but I'm hoping chia is still fair game. So what type of weighted workouts do you do?
    Thanks for the compliment! If there's any positive thing about me in fat form, I guess it is that I kind of lucked out on things at least being in proportion to each other and my chest and hips being generally bigger than my waist. But I have got giant hips and thighs. I'm still in the size 18's. The muscles in my legs are huge, so maybe that's where a lot of the weight density is. I've always been sporty - as a kid I was hands-down the most active girl around. I was always dragging neighborhood friends from TV to play tag or kickball. Did more sit-ups than anyone else in the 5th grade. Jump-roped longer than anyone in my entire middle school in the 8th grade. But guess what I also was the entire time? The fattest person anyone knew (well, other than the one year I thinned out because I grew taller). So it's such a relief to have this plan working so far and to get an explanation for obesity other than "you're a lazy piece of crap with no will power" here. People who are fat are fat because they don't know why they're fat. Even MDA readers have to tweak and experiment with their diet and exercise to correct obesity.

Anyway - that was a tangent - chia seeds aren't officially non-Primal. Mark has just had a few posts about how some of its benefits are overblown and doesn't recommend making it a staple until more research is done on what it does to our digestive system:
    Dear Mark: Carob, Psyllium, Chia Seeds, and Vanilla | Mark's Daily Apple
    A Quick Guide to Edible Seeds | Mark's Daily Apple
    I never thought I could give up oats either - taking that away seemed so cruel. But I don't care about oatmeal at all anymore. I don't even get jealous when I see other people eat it. I love my eggs and whatever other meat is around for breakfast more.

For weight-training, I'm still establishing my routine there. You can look at my previous posts to see what I did this week. In general I have to experiment with some different leg exercises so they are more challenged, but challenging my arms is easy. I've been doing assisted chin-ups and pullups along with incline pushups and military press (raising weights above head). All of them really work out your abs too if you're keeping good form, so I like how efficient that is.
    Last edited by Lex26; 01-13-2012 at 02:48 PM.
    My Primal Journey

I wasn't sure if I should work out today because I was still sore. But some searching around the forums indicated that's no excuse for not working out. Apparently the only reason you shouldn't work out is if you try to do the exercise and you're dramatically suckier at it. I could do all of them easily with the exception of the pull-ups and chin-ups, which I'm new at. I'm using back muscles I'm not sure I've EVER done hard work with. I have to admit, I was really tired at mid-day. But I'm still transitioning.

Exercise: Two sets of

50 side-to-side squats
    Stepping up and down on a bench for two minutes
    12 incline pushups w/ 15 pound weights
    12 military press w/ 15 pound weights
    2 pull-ups
    3 chin-ups

B: Egg-chorizo-onion scramble
    L: Red Pork Curry with broccoli
    D: Tomato sauce with three Italian sausages
    S: .5 cup of coconut pudding (just the thick part of coconut milk and stevia)
    My Primal Journey

Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast