Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Lex26) page 11

Lex26 is offline Senior Member

Magnesium

Shop Now
    Yeah - al09, you do learn a lot when you're procrastinating, don't you! Hey, many of these posts are forms of procrastination in themselves, but at least it's better than hanging out with the pantry!

Looks like I may want to experiment with this natural calm mag supplement. Man, on top of figuring out how to lose weight there's the figuring out of how much of certain supplements you need. Some sources say you need a 2:1 calcium to mag ratio. Others say 1:1. The Natural Calm site, of course, says most people need more magnesium than calcium. And then there's the whole Vitamin D thing. I don't think animals were meant to track their mineral and vitamin levels like this, but in my case - since I've dealt with a lot of insulin resistance, stress and overthinking (using your brain a lot was cited as a cause of magnesium deficiency), I'm willing to bet I might be one of those people who need more magnesium. And I'll take it right before I go to sleep!
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

ELCO14 is offline Senior Member
    lex- I wouldn't get too wrapped up in trying to figure the correct ratios of each mineral, vitamin and electrolyte the body needs.

Just eat properly and focus on getting most of that from the foods you eat. + it's easier on the wallet not downing 15 supplements a day.
    Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by ELCO14 View Post
    lex- I wouldn't get too wrapped up in trying to figure the correct ratios of each mineral, vitamin and electrolyte the body needs.

Just eat properly and focus on getting most of that from the foods you eat. + it's easier on the wallet not downing 15 supplements a day.
    Yeah, I'll use what I've got left. But the essentials would be Omega 3's (Cod liver oil), HCl and I think I do need a calcium/mag supplement. I probably get plenty of Vitamins B, C, and E from my food.
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Sleep: 6 hours, (Lights out at 11 pm, wake up 5 am <--involuntary, want to sleep longer!)
    Exercise: 7.5 mile hike to Devil's Chair at Devil's Punchbowl
    B: Two eggs, half red onion, garlic, tomatoes, red chili scrambled with avocado on side
    L: Six asparagus spears, five small pieces leftover chicken, one hard-boiled egg
    S: handful pork rinds/small bowl coconut milk
    D: Chicken marinara - tomato sauce and mushrooms

Oh no, I had a snack! I told myself no snacking. But I came back from this big four-hour hike with my friend at about 2 pm and the five hours I'd likely have to wait for dinner was just too much to handle. I could have eaten a heftier lunch, I know, but I'm always afraid of eating too much in the middle of a hike, especially when most of the uphill is coming after the mid-point. So if there's any day when a snack could be forgivable, I think today would count.

The hike felt good! It was fairly strenuous but thankfully alternated shade/sunshine and uphill/downhill well. So I didn't have to stop during the 3.75 miles to the "Devil's Chair" or 3.75-mile trail back. I was definitely breathing hard on some parts, but not so bad that I desperately needed to stop - and the thinner friend I went with said she needed to stop a lot on her first time on the trail. So I'm feeling like I'm getting better with this cardiovascular stuff.
    My Primal Journey

fondalashay is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex26 View Post
    Oh no, I had a snack! I told myself no snacking.
    At this point though you have broken the habit of snacking, which is doing load of great things for your health! I think you should not beat yourself up over it. I think the very occasional snack when it is actually needed should be fine..

ps. good job on the bike up the devils chair

Sleep: 6 straight, 9 together (Lights out 11, woke up at 5 am and managed to sleep another three hours with interruptions)
    Exercise: Half hour walk, half hour on a swing pushing off against a tree (only doing this while trying to reflect on some stress)
    B: Two eggs, green onions, spinach, garlic
    L: leftover chicken, five asparagus spears, two hard boiled eggs drizzled in olive oil and sea salt
    D: pork tenderloin, onions, carrots, coconut pudding (ate a lot)

You know, I'm beginning to think three eggs in the morning does something magical for me. For the last week I've been doing two-egg breakfasts because I wanted to experiment with a smaller breakfast. But I've been a lot hungrier later in the day for it. It seems like I want to eat more at lunch, more snacks and more at dinner. So I'm going back to a bigger breakfast concept and hopefully that anchors my appetite more throughout the day.
    My Primal Journey

fondalashay is offline Senior Member
    I have noticed that too with breakfast. Now with not having any dairy, I get hungry faster - but I did not do anything in my breakfast schedule to replace the dairy. So now I am upping it one egg too or a slice or bacon (My boyfriend is really shocked by the amount of eggs we go through - haha).

Sleep: 8ish hours (Lights out 1 am, up at 6 and slept with interruptions until about 9)
    Exercise: Hour walk, half hour on a swing pushing off against a tree
    B: Three eggs, half red onion, cumin, red chili, garlic scrambled with cubed avocado on side
    L: Three hard-boiled eggs with olive oil and sea salt
    D: Primal chili, two big bowls

Ach - strength training just has to be done in the morning. I just get caught up with too many other worries later in the day. I need to get back on the strength training regimen. I have a feeling my weight is still stalling even though I make sure I get some exercise in every day and haven't gone off track with the diet at all (okay, minus a tablespoon of who-knows-what-was-in-it dressing last weekend).
    My Primal Journey

Had to share a most fabulous graphic I found in another journal:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My Primal Journey

LexxyV86 is offline Senior Member
    Again- love the journal- very inspiring * especially the sleep- I have been getting three hours at most in intervals eek!*

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast