Thread: Brown 'age' or 'sun' spots page

thaijinx is offline Senior Member

Brown 'age' or 'sun' spots

Shop Now
    Has anyone noticed their flat, brown spots (not sure, but think called sun spots, age spots or liver spots) disappear on paleo?

I know a lot of people notice an improvement in skin condition, but was just wondering with reference to these, stubborn 'ugly' spots in particular.

Bron is offline Senior Member
    I started this journey by going sugar free, not paleo, but have noticed since paleo (August) that my 'old lady's' right hand is almost as young looking as my left. Not quite, but nearly. I did have some 'age spots' on that hand (we drive on the left in Australia, hence the reason for my old lady hand on that side)
    Last edited by Bron; 05-06-2012 at 04:09 PM. Reason: mixed up my left and right ;)

cancerclasses is offline Junior Member
    Liver, or age spots are a subcutaneous accumulation of oxidized cholesterols that are damaged by trans fats intake. Ingestion of trans fats in liquid grocery store vegetable, soy, corn & other industrially processed oils & "foods" causes a body wide free radical cascade and among many negative actions they also damage the body’s cholesterol structure & impair the skins ability to synthesize vitamin D.

“Lipofucsin, the “fatty brown stuff” that makes up liver or age spots is largely comprised of oxidized fats, and by the time lipofucsin shows up on the skin there’s sure to already be more of it in the brain, liver, and other organs, doing massive damage to our health. It is clear that oxidized fats damage our health on a very fundamental cellular level.” Integrated Supplements Blog: Why You Should Avoid Oxidized Cholesterol in the Foods (and Whey Proteins!) You Eat

Your body can only use the oils & fats that you eat in your diet for cholesterol production & cellular membrane structure, repair & rebuilding, so regular consumption of good high quality saturated fats is imperative.

cancerclasses wrote on June 27th, 2011

Read more: Dear Mark: MCT Oil, Camelina Oil, and Fancy Canola Oil | Mark's Daily Apple
    Last edited by cancerclasses; 05-06-2012 at 02:24 PM.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cancerclasses View Post
    Liver, or age spots are a subcutaneous accumulation of oxidized cholesterols that are damaged by trans fats intake. Ingestion of trans fats in liquid grocery store vegetable, soy, corn & other industrially processed oils & "foods" causes a body wide free radical cascade and among many negative actions they also damage the body’s cholesterol structure & impair the skins ability to synthesize vitamin D.

“Lipofucsin, the “fatty brown stuff” that makes up liver or age spots is largely comprised of oxidized fats, and by the time lipofucsin shows up on the skin there’s sure to already be more of it in the brain, liver, and other organs, doing massive damage to our health. It is clear that oxidized fats damage our health on a very fundamental cellular level.” Integrated Supplements Blog: Why You Should Avoid Oxidized Cholesterol in the Foods (and Whey Proteins!) You Eat

Your body can only use the oils & fats that you eat in your diet for cholesterol production & cellular membrane structure, repair & rebuilding, so regular consumption of good high quality saturated fats is imperative.

cancerclasses wrote on June 27th, 2011

Read more: Dear Mark: MCT Oil, Camelina Oil, and Fancy Canola Oil | Mark's Daily Apple
    Wow. That's a ton of great information. I'm glad the OP's question inspired you to post. Hope you have a lot more nuggets of wisdom to share.

Picaro is offline Member
    Sun spots are different to liver spots. I've had the smaller sun spots on the backs of my hands for at least a decade, and I have believed they are becoming diminished to the point I think they might be a quarter of what they were. Just didnt want to be the first to say so, hehe. Also, my skins ability to cope with the Queensland sun is improved.

allison223 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Wow. That's a ton of great information. I'm glad the OP's question inspired you to post. Hope you have a lot more nuggets of wisdom to share.
    +1 I agree, good to know