Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone seen these videos? Not what I was expecting page

donnieR32 is offline Member

Anyone seen these videos? Not what I was expecting

Primal Fuel
    Apparently, this guy really has it out for people like us. I watched a few of the videos trying to understand his angle or approach. Then he said it, "I'm a vegan"

This guy spends the majority of his time using Mark and others as a punching bag. This is ridiculous. I asked him in one of the video comments for credentials......

You can build muscle on a Vegan diet, but who wants to eat buckets of Pea protein etc. Id rather have real food, based around a real way of life.

sapphire_chan is offline Senior Member
    And some people just build muscle easier.

As for me, I was vegetarian and looked at my vegan SIL who is slender but has quite a bit of muscle for her size, then I looked at Mark and the other primal folks here and decided something was wrong with my diet. Since I knew sugar was bad for me by anyone's standards, and that eating all the time was a problem, I went with the diet change that made it easiest to drop sugar and not think about food all the time.

Since then, I've found out my SIL has some health concerns that seem to be typical of vegans. She's an ethical vegan though, so I'm not going to point out the correlation.

I wasn't just speaking about that one video, but rather the entire series. This guy seems to have a HUGE problem with Paleo/primal eating. Anyone know anything about this guy?

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Does it really matter? It's his issue, not ours. I just figure he's all bent from not getting to eat bacon. Or steak. Mmmmmmmmm steak.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

thaijinx is offline Senior Member
    The guy's an idiot! I watched his video on him cycling around Bangkok, and just thought 'what a complete tw@t!'

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineC View Post
    Does it really matter? It's his issue, not ours. I just figure he's all bent from not getting to eat bacon. Or steak. Mmmmmmmmm steak.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
    +1
    It may not matter per se, but I like to do A LOT of research especially when changing my entire lifestyle. So, when I came across that guy slamming our lifestyle I was interested to see what he had to say. Within minutes I was completely annoyed and realized what an ass the guy is. I figured it was worth passing along. I haven't found many people who argue our lifestyle and usually the ones that do aren't educated in nutrition or medicine. Conversely, there seems to be a few well educated advocates for the way we eat.

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by donnieR32 View Post
    It may not matter per se, but I like to do A LOT of research especially when changing my entire lifestyle. So, when I came across that guy slamming our lifestyle I was interested to see what he had to say. Within minutes I was completely annoyed and realized what an ass the guy is. I figured it was worth passing along. I haven't found many people who argue our lifestyle and usually the ones that do aren't educated in nutrition or medicine. Conversely, there seems to be a few well educated advocates for the way we eat.
    There are plenty of people that have far more education and have done far more research than Mark that believe the paleo diet is silly. Here is a thread on Lyle Mcdonald's website where he talks about his view on paleo. Alan Aragon, another well known nutritionist weighs in on the same thread.

linked to lyle by a paleo site?? - BodyRecomposition Support Forums

Basically the gist of the arguments against paleo (the ones that make sense at least) is that there is no real evidence that grains, legumes, and whatever else is on the "do not eat list" are bad for you when part of a balanced diet.

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Followers of many different diets can look good if they put enough effort into their workouts. However, I go with what makes my insides feel good, which does NOT include grains and sugar. Yucky.
    Last edited by alg2435; 01-04-2012 at 10:54 AM.
    Making adventure out of this thing called life

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast