Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Almond flour pasta? page

zbg935 is offline Junior Member

Almond flour pasta?

Primal Fuel
    Has anyone ever tried making pasta out of almond flour? You could top with meat sauce for protein.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    why? sort of like a vegan eating a tofu hot dog~

zbg935 is offline Junior Member
    pasta is one of the few things i miss.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Rice noodles would be easier (as in easily bought) and healthier
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Nut flours should be consumed in pretty limited amounts. You'll get used to not eating pasta. I don't want it at all any more.

Spaghetti squash is good. So is shredded zucchini. Also broccoli slaw that is sauteed for a long time tastes great.

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    It's bad enough eating baked almond flour. The last thing this forum needs is more recipes made with that crap. If you need a pasta substitute, look into spaghetti squash or kelp noodles. Both are perfectly paleo. You'll get used to it. Grandma made crabs and spaghetti for Christmas and I prepped myself mentally for days and had my heart set on eating it for the first time in 9 months. Then I saw there was fried cabbage and the pasta didn't look so good anymore. I ate fried cabbage with meatballs, sausage the crabmeat tomato gravy. Much better than pasta. It goes away real quick. This is coming from a South Jersey Italian that ate pasta at least twice a week his entire life and good bread with every meal.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Like Choco said, there are tons of vegetable substitutes you can use. Once you have a zucchini "noodle" lasagna, you'll wonder why anyone bothers with regular noodles. So much better!
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

activia is offline Senior Member
    I agree with Choco (another fellow italian that used to eat loads of bread/pasta)

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    I prefer spaghetti squash over pasta now. I never thought I would and now I can't imagine eating noodles.

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Like Choco said, there are tons of vegetable substitutes you can use. Once you have a zucchini "noodle" lasagna, you'll wonder why anyone bothers with regular noodles. So much better!
    Eggplant lasagna. Where have you been the previous 24 years of my life?
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast