Thread: Bread Options page

fuzion is offline Junior Member

Bread Options

Primal Fuel
    Hi All.

I wonder if anybody has any suggestions about bread that is suitable for the Primal Diet.

I've seen alot of recipes that call for the use of egg.

One major problem with that, is that I am highly allergic to eggs.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Finnabair is offline Senior Member
    Just don't eat bread. Don't worry about it. Seriously. It's not worth the hassle of creating imitation substances.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    I like lettuce leaves~ romaine is studier but iceberg is a bit crunchier~ If you really want a bread substitute, check rice bread~ I found it super heavy and nasty tasting but you might tolerate it~

Kimelah is offline Senior Member
    Asking for options in bread is like asking for options on which bullet to shove in your brain. Doesn't matter; they'll both kill you.

Gotta get the bread-is-good mindset OUT of your head. It was bad before, it's bad now, it'll always be bad. Don't confuse your body by feeding it foods it doesn't recognize.

Primalest is offline Senior Member
    No bread. I also do the Romaine lettuce leaves like Nady suggested.

There are some semi primal options that use almond or coconut flower or even rice flower (which is out the outer outer edges of the most lax definition of paleo you can find). But really... just give it up. Having some crappy tasting excuse for bread is just going to miss it more. Just cut it out of your life, and never look back. Everything but your taste buds will thank you for it.

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    I like lettuce leaves~ romaine is studier but iceberg is a bit crunchier~ If you really want a bread substitute, check rice bread~ I found it super heavy and nasty tasting but you might tolerate it~
    Butter lettuce and endive can also work really well. I've also used lightly steamed napa cabbage.

activia is offline Senior Member
    Portebello mushrooms are awesome as "bread"! After you have them for burger buns you'll wonder why you ever used bread.. MMmm so much flavor

Use the sushi seaweed to make wraps.

huckie is offline Member
    When I first went primal I tried every bread there was (almond, coconut, flax), I soon gave up they were all pretty ordinary. I've been eating this way for only 6 months but I now don't need or want bread at all. My husband came home with a pizza he made at work one night and I had a slice, my heart was palpitating out of my chest (well that is how it felt) it was like I had this massive surge of energy that I couldn't process (der) I couldn't sleep after I ate it and then the next day I had cramps in my abdomen. I just remember how bread makes me feel now and it's pretty easy to avoid.