Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Texas Kel) page 5

TexasKel is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Just finished my 3rd week of the playground workout. I really love it. The first week I had some sore muscles and it was tough to do all the reps of each exercise. But, unlike a gym workout with weights I am not so sore I am miserable the next day. I didn't tell my husband what I was doing. After the 2nd week he asked if I'd lost more weight. NOPE, only 1 pound. He said my arms and legs were much more defined. WHOOO HOOOO!! Perfect compliment.

This prompted me to take my measurements. From the previous measurements I'd lost 2" but only 2 pounds. I'm thrilled!!! I should say that when I measure I'm very good about taking them in the same spot, but I only do 1 arm, one thigh, smallest part of the waist, at belly button, at hip bone, across chest, around shoulders. I add these together. It doesn't matter what you measure as long as you measure the same spots in the same way.

Now after 3 weeks I notice better muscle definition in my arms, vein/tendons in my hands, calf muscle differentiation ... which tells me that I'm loosing fat, but it's most noticeable where I had the thinnest layer of fat. I still have cellulite in my butt and a roll at my bellybutton. Since that's where I carry my fat, I expect that fat to go away last.

Starting this week I'm going to try the playground workout every day or most days of the week and see what happens. Per Steve at Nerd Fitness, it takes 2 months to notice results. I'm thrilled with the small changes after just a few weeks. Can't wait for the 2 month mark!!

Oh... stat's update.... 5'7", 134, aprox 25% fat, 29% muscle (all per my cheap body composition measuring scale.)

Steve at Nerd Fitness and Mark both talk about how a setback defines you. One of my favorite Maya Angelou quotes is: You can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangles Christmas tree lights"

Well things have been going really well. About 3 weeks ago I noticed I had no cravings and I wasn't really interested in food. This is a huge shock. My life/family/etc has always revolved around food. Most of it healthy... but imagine a big Italian family (we are not Italian, but it's a great example) with tons of kids and relatives, everyone in the kitchen cooking together, talking loud... their whole existence and happiness is in the kitchen making huge meals together. It's very tough to break this!

Well, I hit my goal weight and then I noticed I no longer really cared that much about food. I'd forget to eat and wouldn't obsess about the next meal. My weight has easily stayed steady and I haven't really been focusing on it. Then 2 weeks ago I sprained my wrist and the next week I came down with a cold/flu.

My wrist is better now, but my cold isn't and I'm not motivated to work out. I have noticed my body composition change. The shadow/muscle definition in the side of my stomach has disappeared, as well as the legs and arms. It's been an interesting 'unintentional experiment'. Then today I read a great article on Nerd Fitness about Finishing What You Start: How to Finish What You’ve Started | Nerd Fitness

I will say that like my food cravings, I don't feel like my aversion to working out controls me anymore. I don't have to get up the willpower to work out again.. in fact I'm looking forward to it... once I can take a breath without coughing.

Overall, this post is about how great it feels to turn a corner.... food no longer defines me... it feels great! Only if you've been there can you believe how freeing it feels on the other side!!! It's so very hard to get there... but totally worth it!!! This setback could have negatively defined me... but it hasn't! It's just another page in a book. You keep reading and keep flipping pages. It will NOT define me. I get to chose what defines me and what doesn't. It feels great!!!
    Last edited by TexasKel; 10-12-2012 at 12:24 PM.

I have leaned out this last mo. Stats now... 131 and about 24% bf. So in 11 months my bf has gone down 13%. It's been a tough struggle!!! I'm sure other people could have done it faster. .

These last few pounds have been effortless and I'm not trying. I don't think I'm eating less, infact I've had a few more "pizza" type meals. I wonder if my metabolism is a bit faster?

I do notice some foods I completely ignore. One bite of a sweet dessert at a party and I hand the rest to my kids or husband. (I basically take a bite of their piece, telling them I just want a taste). There is no willpower involved I just don't want it.

I will admit all frozen chocolate Halloween candy is my #1 fav thing I look forward to all year. I ate a handful this year ank kept trying different pieces because they didn't taste as good as I remember. I've done it 3 times now with the same results. It's very dissapointing!!!!

Overall i'd still like to drop som fat and increase my muscle because I think I look too thin. But my bf scale says I'm almost at 40% muscle and these last 5 pounds that number has only gone up.

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Wow reading quickly through your log was inspiring. Well done you. You are almost at your goal %. Have you re evaluated your goals as you almost smash through them.

WHat is the playground workout?

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Just saw the link sorry. Looks fun. Check out Simple.org Thats what im doing just now. Easy to follow.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Richard
    thanks!!!!
    I love all of the Nerd Fitness workouts. There are no excuses for not doing them other than laziness. Haha

Marks blogging idea made me more accountable and it's nice to have my progress documented.

Keep at it!! Every baby step is a step in the right direction!!!

I actually have not revaluated my goals....never even thought about it. That gives me something to think about. Thanks!

No problem you are doing well and should be hapy with yourself. Feel free to stop by and critique. Always welcome.

Richard

Been awhile since I've posted. I'm staying steady at 130 , 24bf. I've had to buy all new clothes because the last few ponds are on my stomach and my pants all fall off. It's nice to feel good about your body and it isn't a stress.

I'm still not stressed about food. Over Christmas I gained about 3 pounds and took it off last week. It was not a stress and I enjoyed eating all the great food over the holidays. But I rarely stuffed myself. A couple of bites of everything was all I needed. If I knew it was something I'd really enjoy then that might be all I ate.

Now I need the same relationship with my workouts. I figure it took me a year to redo my relationship with food. Here's to 2013 and redoing my relationship with working out!!

PrimalCon New York
    Not a whole lot to update. Have lost another pound or two. I received Mark's email asking for input on the ebook. So, I'll add my info. My muscle is about 40% and my bf is about 23%. Not doing anything special... this is how I live my life. That's the best part. It takes no effort... this is a lifestyle and I love it!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast