Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Texas Kel) page 3

TexasKel is offline Member
    Results Week 6

Well I ran out of chocolate mid last week. I lost 2 pounds and 1% bf to 34%. Wish I could keep my chocolate.

We also had a bit of a cold snap here. I happily imported to TX and I love the weather. I refuse to run in a gym, so the only thing that keeps me from running outside is cold wind and ice. Well, it was a very cold/windy week. I wimped out and didn't run. I did my regular 15min workout and feel great.

The best part of the week was having my friend join me in eating right and working out! She's a carb grazer and I warned her eating like this was a drastic change for her. She's been doing great! In one week she lost 4 inches and is super motivated. Now I'm worried she's going to get to her goal weight before I do! We have the same pounds to loose, but I have a bit more BF.

Results Week 7
    Down another pound and my bf % is at 33 after I have a cup of coffee and water in the morning. Otherwise it reads 35% I use the lower of the two. Less than 10 pounds to go to fit into my skinny jeans without a roll over the top.

I didn't work out last week and can tell. Two days I worked in the garden and shoveled 2 yards of compost into our garden and front beds. I wasn't sore the next day, so I don't think it was too strenuous.

So many of my cravings are gone. We went out to a chinese buffet (my kids favorite) and they have an ice cream machine. I used to fill up a cup or cone. Nope, I didn't even notice until I got back to the table that I only put in a few spoonfulls. It was all I wanted. I also tasted my kids cookies, but didn't crave anything but a bite. This is SOOOOO not like me.

At meals my goal is to not eat quite so much. I do notice I'm slowing down when I eat and my portions are less.

I know my big challenge now is working out. I really like to do it, but I forget and it isn't part of my daily routine.

It's very interesting to look back over these journals. What was a challenge when I started isn't anymore. Every few weeks it seems I overcome one thing and it becomes a normal part of life. Then I tackle the next thing. It makes me think that I might be able to see what I look like with 20 or 25% bf. I know I need to work out more to achieve that goal. But, since I've never been at a low bf (even in high school I was rail thin, but had a high bf%), I'm really not sure how to do it. Once I conquer my next few goals, I need to ask for some help if the bf% isn't going down.

Results Week 8

Hmmm, not sure what happened but I got the scale to read 32% once and then it went back up to 33%. No weight change. I only worked out once and I did have 2 meals of pizza, but the rest of the week I was good.

No more chocolate at night and the craving for some is slowly going away.

Sunday morning (yesterday, start of week 9) Sat down with my family and asked that they help me be 'perfect' for one week. No grains, nothing from a box, no eating out, no snacking at night and minimal cheese/dairy. Then Sunday afternoon a neighbor asked us to go on a picnic. They had chips. I couldn't resist a few. This is why I can not have chips or chocolate in my house!! So I told my family that my '1 week' starts today (Monday).

Results Week 9

No grains, nothing from the box. I did great this week. I did only one workout, but we've been working in the yard, going for long walks and hauling stuff, so I feel like I did something!

I lost 2 solid pounds (that's not me going pee before weighing... that's true weight that is staying off) , but my % stayed the same at 33%. That tells me I lost some muscle, which isn't good. But, I want to get a new scale. I am thrilled that I only have 8 pounds to go. But, I still have a roll of baby fat around my belly and it hangs over my skinny jeans. I believe my hips spread when I'm pregnant and it takes a good 2 years for them to go back. No matter how thin I am I can't fit into my super skinny jeans for 2 years.

Anyway, I'll know I've lost the fat I want when there is no roll over my jeans. I still want to have more muscle tone.

I'm still happy with my progress and this is my lifestyle. It's amazing it's taken 2 months for me to feel this is me now... the way I eat is my new 'normal'. Yaaaaaa (never thought I'd quit craving pizza, a bowl of pasta, and sugar. I will admit a nice bar of chocolate with nuts still sounds great, but that's about it.)

Results Week 10

No changes this last week. But I bought a new scale. It measures bf%, water%, muscle %, bone %. I'm not sure how accurate it is, but my other scale is 10 yrs old, so I'm assuming this one is more accurate??? It shows me at 26% bf, where the other one had me at 32%. It also showed me at 2 pounds lighter. I did take photos so I can see my progress. Jeans I bought less than 6 weeks ago are falling off. But, I still have a good roll over the top of my pants.

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Hi TexasKel! Reading this, it sounds like you're doing great I went public too and just saw my picture on the Success Stories in the Making Page the other day. So, where in TX are you?
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Hi Alessandra,
    I'm N of Dallas. Not exactly the fittest part of the country. I think we have more restaurants than any other type of store here. But, we love living here. Congrats on going public. Couldn't convince my husband to do the same. But, it does make me more accountable. Hows your progress?

It's going good so far. I think I'm driving my daughter slightly insane because she can't have ramen noodle in the house. I don't have a DH to worry about, yet, so I kind of dominate the food choices around here. Did you guys get hit up with that storm last night? I think the dry climate here sucks the life out of some storms before they even come close to us or at least that's what it seemed like last night when I was watching the radar.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Hi,
    Yes the storm hit us with lots of rain. But thankfully no hail or any damage. My kids are pretty good about the changes we've made to their food. I slowly have some things disappear from our meals and they don't seem to notice. I still have ramen noodles because I can't find a good substitute. But we only have them once a month.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    We finally got a full days worth of rain here. Thank goodness! I hope we get some more tomorrow.

I've taken away the pasta/rice/bread/or whatever other food I used to have with our dinners and she seems to be okay with it. It's the sugar, more than anything else, that she's having a hard time with.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast