Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal...Stop_hammertime. page

stop_hammertime Guest

Primal Journal...Stop_hammertime.

Shop Now

So, I have read The Primal Blueprint, I have read the archives of MDA, I have lurked on the forums....but I have not changed my diet.

Why? I keep changing my mind. I had no idea how hard it would be to overcome the voice in my head that says things like "this cant be healthy" or "there is no way you will lose weight." I keep changing my mind and going back to my old diet.

Yup folks, I have been a vegan for years (you were all right, meat is delicious, delicious murder) and I cant seem to escape my fear of saturated fat and meat. I am 80lbs or more overweight and I achieved that on a vegan diet, I have no idea why I am so afraid to change my eating habits.

I have decided to just make myself do it, starting now. I have some organic grass fed beef and organic vegetarian fed chicken and pork that I just bought. I plan on having the rest shipped because the cost is outrageous for organic meat in Wyoming.

I suppose I wanted to start a journal here to keep me from constantly doubting myself and this diet and to just STICK TO IT. Sorry for the rambling. This forum is great and I love being here. Thanks.

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

JUST DO IT! Try it- you might like it :-)

stop_hammertime Guest

That is what I intend to do DCKMB.....I like to abbreviate.

So dinner was....well smoked salmon with mayo and capers. Not my ideal meal but my hangover cares not about my physical health. Here goes folks. I cant wait to cook. I also just ordered this:

http://www.greensburymarket.com/value-packs/43-grass-fed-beef-value-pack

Having been a long time vegetarian/vegan I have no idea how to cook meat. I need to get a book or something. I will figure it out. Here we go!

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member

You will do great! we can be a support system for each other! I am not a vegan by any means, i did it for a month and it was hard... BUT I am a great cook which is definitely helping... I didn't realize how good of a cook I was. Also... I figured out that spaghetti squash is an amazing replacement for pasta... so now i can have all of my favorite meals WITHOUT the grain! Keep on trucking Hammertime... you're gonna do great!

Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

stop_hammertime Guest

Thanks Mandabear, we can totally cheer each other on. I love it!

Ok so breakfast today was 3 eggs with 2 cups spinach, salsa and 1/2 an avocado. Lunch was smoked salmon, avo, mayo and capers with cucumber. Not great, but not horrible either.

I have been reading so much about paleo/primal diets and I am starting to get so confused. I really don't know if I should limit my meat to lean meat, remove dairy and get fat from nuts and olive oil, or if I should stick to what I Have been doing. Like I said earlier, the fat scares the crap out of me. I like the idea of getting tons of fruits and vegetables and only getting fat from "healthy" sources....but somehow I don't feel that will work as well for me in the long run. Whatever, I am not changing my mind now, I enjoy this food. :P

Dinner tonight is grass fed ground beef...and something. I really need to start planning better.

stop_hammertime Guest

Dinner ended up being a skillet full of stuff. I started with the beef....then I decided I needed veggies so I added some collard greens. I thought that would be boring so I added some diced tomatoes. I added Bensons Bravado seasoning and then a couple of tablespoons of full fat organic sour cream. It was freaking delicious, like a big bowl of awesome.

I did no exercise, that is going to be a battle of epic proportions. At 5'3 and 200lbs I can barely make it to the car with out getting winded. I loathe physical activity...but that will have to change. So, day one is officially over. I am off to bed.

PS I am sure I will update less as time goes on but I keep wanting to post, and why stop myself?

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member

I relate completely Hammertime, i think right now it is the time we feel we need to post to keep ourselves going as well as just the plain ol' excitement. Your bowl of delicious sounds spectacular! I am glad it worked out so well for you... How did it feel eating beef? any side effects?

Keep truckin!

Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

klubkhty is offline Junior Member

Hammertime, congrats on your new journey!

I hate physical activity too... that being said, I highly suggest starting with just walking. It's so underrated but provides fantastic health benefits.

stop_hammertime Guest

Klubkhty- I am thinking about walking to and from work, but a long walk after a 12 hour shift might do me in. I just signed up for daily kettlebell workout emails and I may try that. Walking is definitely my first priority. I just need to move. Thanks!

So breakfast (you may be able to tell that I work nights ) was 2 eggs cooked in butter, a big pile of cooked spinach, a tomato and 3 kiwis. I am desperately low on food but I get payed tomorrow so I will be able to stock up.

On a personal note, I cannot wait to get a new job. Living paycheck to paycheck sucks, living paycheck to paycheck for a job you hate is miserable. I think a lot of things are going to be changing for me.

stop_hammertime Guest

Well, lunch didn't happen and dinner was tuna, mayo and cucumber. I would really like to eat more vegetables than I am eating now but I have to work on getting a routine together. I just hate packing for work, and I have never taken a break or a lunch since I started there in June. What ever I pack I have to be able to eat in under five minutes while charting. Guh.

I think that leaves me one option, meat.

I am talking myself into getting my ass up right now (4:30 am) and working with my kettlebells a little before I go to sleep. Damn I am lazy.

Decisions, decisions.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast