Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal...Stop_hammertime. page 3

stop_hammertime Guest

Shop Now

There is a possibility that I am more irritated with your comment than you intended but....you do not do my job. You likely do not know the stress of having peoples lives in your hands and not having the resources nor the time to deal with that responsibility appropriately and safely. You cannot tell me what to be thankful for. I dont just dislike my job because I would rather be goofing off, I dislike it because it is an exercise in exhaustion and stress. My entire livelihood (those three squares) depends on doing everything perfectly. I can go to PRISON if I make a mistake. All the while my patient loads are dangerously heavy and time to do things carefully does not exist.

I worked very hard and took out $50,000 worth of student loans to put myself in a field where I would always have employment... So no, I have not had to declare bankruptcy. (Although I have watched many around me struggle through no fault of their own)

This is my log, I do not see why I cant vent here.

This is the last place ever I thought I would find my self having to get all biatchy. Must. Eat. Sugar.

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

Dont dooo ittt!!! No sugar! Maybe youre in a bad mood b/c you are seriously craving some sugar?

I think I understand what you are saying about your job though. I have several nurse friends and they are mostly neutral about their jobs. So... eh. Itll get better. Just keep doing what youre doing and take small steps!

Good luck and keep us in the loop... even if its to vent. Because we all need that sometimes!

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

stop_hammertime Guest

Ha ha ha. Thank you. I clearly over reacted...even if it is not the carbs, I will blame them for now.

Okay well just FYI the "carb flu" only lasts about 1-2 weeks for most people so your excuse is expired after that!

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

baby_huey is offline Junior Member

3 weeks in the carb flu was gone for me. Even with the headaches (for me) during, it was worth it for the way I feel now.

stop_hammertime Guest

I am going to hang in there come hell or high water. I want to feel great....so bad.

For the past six years this has been my diet:

beans, vegetable oil, grains, processed soy products and potatoes (does the e on the end of potatoes just seem wrong to you?)

No fruit or vegetables, and of course, sadly vegan. In that time I have become pre-diabetic, I have high blood pressure, IBS, GERD, gained 60lbs of fat, and become incredibly anxious. I have also been told that I will likely not be able to conceive a child naturally. Who wouldn't detox a little from that mess.

thank you both for reminding me about the light at the end of the tunnel.

My flu was just REALLY bad cravings. But really all the sudden youll look at something you would have KILLED for before and be all "Meh." Then youll realize you just "meh'd" a fave food and then youll be all "WTF ohmygod I am DONE and its so GREAT and I wanna kiss puppies and float in clouds and tell every SAD person what CRAP they eat!!! Bwahahahaa" Then, youll come to your journal and tell US all about it and we will all be excited with you. Just sayin'.

Also I had o GET RID of all my carby stuff. I just gave it to a friend who eats it and was very appreciative b/c they work with a low budget.

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member

Mine was 3 days of hell. I was working at McDonalds basically full time over the summer SURROUNDED by carbs and awful awful things that I was seriously over addicted to and I was getting sweats, and shakes, and headaches and even hallucinations. That's how I knew it was a good thing I switched.

As for our personal conversation that has been ongoing... I totally get where you are coming from! I am an interpreter which means EXTREMELY HIGH liability, my cousin is an RN in Colorado she works at Rose Hospital so she and I debrief with eachother a lot because there aren't many people in the world who put up with what we put up with. My brother and I are looking at condos around spear and 14th there is a great agency there for me to work for and AMAZING changes have been made to the downtown area since I was last living there. My aunt lives right down from capital hill on god what is that road... anyways, its the most beautiful row of old houses. LOVE IT there. I am seriously jonesing for Denver right now... I even have it as my desktop!

Keep up the good work 4 lbs down only what? 76 more to go right?! Doin' great! They will start to drop crazy fast and its all healthy (And it will stay off trust me from experience.)

Anywho way too much chatting on your site sry bout that!

Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

stop_hammertime Guest

Chat all you want, THANK YOU. I think that is why I was biatching in the first place instead of focusing on food, I just needed someone who has a similar situation. I understand and feel for the people who are bored/mistreated/ignored/unacknowledged or have many reasons to hate their job, but that is not why I hate mine. I have a job that my life depends on, that can cause panic at a moments notice. My life is being at work, and then spending the rest of my time in a state of constant worry about my work. A mistake at work wouldn't just get me fired, it would ruin my life...and the life of whoever my mistake affected. Thanks for understanding. I just wanted to biatch about it.

We are TOTES twinzies.

Anyway, 14th and speer will put you in an awesome neighborhood! (which you already know) I live a couple blocks off of Colfax on Carona...or at least I do when I am not in Wyoming.

Random fact, I was born at Rose. Love that hospital.

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member

PrimalCon New York

Really? I used to live down the street from Rose, when I was in Aurora. I was born at Saint Lukes which is no longer there. anywho... TOTES Twinzies? can i get a definition pls? Maybe my brain is on low function mode right now but I just can't get it...

And trust me High stress and under appreciated are my middle names? hmm... anywho definitely here for ya!

Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast